anyone interested

Options
I noticed another group has a goal to reach by Christmas. I believe there are only about 15 weeks left. I wondered if we wanted to include some type of challenge for ourselves to set a realistic individual goal and gently push each other to reach it. Winners of the challenge to get a strong epat on the back! What do you think?

Replies

• SANGSTER63
    SANGSTER63 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I 'd like to lose 22 lbs befor I go on holidays. so I can get around better . My knee's may not hurt as much.
  • hayleyandpaigesgrandma
    Options
    I would love to get 20 lbs off but we will really have to put our best efforts into it. Not sure what to do to set it uo but maybe we just need to keep track with our check in or a separate post. My goal is to lose 65 lbs and be able to walk for length of time without losing my breath before next summer. We are taking our granddaughters to Michigan and I want to be able to keep up with them. Hope you will join me in this challenge. Maybe we can push each other.
  • Aug312014
    Aug312014 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'll join the Christmas challenge. I'm in my 2nd week here...down 3 lb.s. So, I'm hoping that a 20 lb loss by Christmas is a realistic & healthy goal. Looking forward to being bathing suit ready by next Aug. for a Hawaiian vacation : )
  • ustillcan
    Options
    I am in, a weekly checkin for us should work. Call it Christmas Club?

I only have 10 more to lose but I am a Slow loser so it will take me that long !!

Joyce
  • Fig_1946
    Fig_1946 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Sure! I'm always up for a challenge. 15 weeks? Sounds reasonable. I'd like to drop 10 pounds. Count me in. We'll see how I do.....
  • hayleyandpaigesgrandma
    Options
    I like the Christmas Club name. What do the rest of you think?
  • jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Hello Christmas Clubbers!

With just a few pounds to go it should be easy....... but it isn't! I will be 7 pounds lighter by Christmas..........

Jean
  • tobybears8
    tobybears8 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good idea. I just hope to lose ANYTHING by Christmas,
  • RLF022012
    RLF022012 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi Christmas Clubbers! :smile:
    Please count me in.

I would like to reach my goal by Christmas. I've got only 6 pounds to go but, as a slow loser, it won't be easy. I think that knowing I'm in on this challenge will help me stay away from those tempting holiday treats that start appearing real soon. :blushing: And maybe this challenge will get me to goal.

Rose
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I want to get to 158. Twelve pounds (okay 14.5 because I'm still up 2.5 from vacation last week, but who's counting?) 158 will take me out of the "obese" range, into "overweight." I have slowed down a lot in losing now and one pound a week is all I can do and remain healthy. That would be a very, merry Christmas present. Here's to all of you. Let's be successful together! :flowerforyou:
  • cabfjb1980
    Options
    Sure I am in I need the push and it's nice to give and get help. I agree weekly check in should work and if anyone needs help during we can check in and see what is needed or for ourselves. Blessings to all.
  • cloeyeddie
    cloeyeddie Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'll join - I need all the ongoing motivation that I can get and these 'groups' are the Best! I'm going to aim for 15 - I'll be on a two week vacation in October, then with the holidays - if I lose the 15 by Xmas I'll be Happy:happy: Are we going to have a weigh in day or just go with whenever we usually weight in?
  • Claud1313
    Claud1313 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I will try. I realize the holidays are not that far off but I admit, I have trouble staying focused on long term goals. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Claudine
  • hayleyandpaigesgrandma
    Options
    I agree, we should probably pick a day and weigh in to record our losses ( none of us will gain, right?) I can make a spreadsheet with our names and goals but I'm not sure I am savvy enough to get it to everyone if anyone is interested in having a copy. Christmas is a Thursday so do you want to weigh in Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. I'm ok with any day. Boy do I need this challenge. It kept me from having a cookie that someone brought in to work. Although, we weigh in just once please feel free to post and encourage each other often. We need to be there when someone is having a great or not so great day. Let's post it under Christmas Club or Clubbers whichever everyone likes.

Claud, I too have problem with long term goals but you will be amazed at how quickly these weeks will go. My suggestion is to just focus on each day as it comes and before you know it we will have stayed on track and time will be done.
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Line-in-the-sand time.

I will lose 50 lbs total by the end of the year. Already down 27 lbs, so 3 months to lose another 23 seems do-able. I will pwn this!

Claudine, why not state 3 mid-term goal that culminate on Christmas? About holidays - who says I have to cram my gob with pumpkin pie to satisfy someone else's expectations? It is not holier-than-thou (we all know this), it is simply caring for oneself. i would not expect a diabetic to chow down on a dish of candy I put out. Why should people expect an overweight person to cram themselves? That is not right, even cruel.

When DW makes meatloaf, it is kind of fatty. I really enjoy it. I take a small piece and say "I wish I could have more - i really like it. But I am really trying to take care of myself."
  • Fig_1946
    Fig_1946 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I eat what I eat,and don't eat what I don't eat. If anybody doesn't like it, tough ****. As for holiday goodies, I never eat them. Just not interested.

This challenge has me revved up and more determined than ever! We can succeed! Just be strong and consider the goal.
  • Claud1313
    Claud1313 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the suggestions. I'm trying a few different strategies. I'm putting post-its on the fridge and certain foods in the pantry that tell me to go look in the mirror before I eat. So far, that's helped me. Time will tell.

Claudine
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I would love to join you all!! :bigsmile:

Let's do this!

A spreadsheet sounds wonderful!!

Thanks for starting this challenge - anything to help keep us going onward and downward!
  • Aug312014
    Aug312014 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Christmas Clubbers, I like name.
  • jrzzz
    jrzzz Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Christmas Clubbers... I'm in! Anything to give me a little extra incentive. I'm a very slow loser, so I'll be happy with whatever I can lose.