Walking Devises for MyFitnessPal & I-Phone?

Options
DittoDan
DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
I see there are devices you can use with your I-Phone and MyFitnessPal that measure how many steps you take or is it distance? I need to buy one for my walking. I would want it to be wireless (Bluetooth). Preferably under $100. Can I do that?

Dan the Man

Replies

• Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Options
    If you have an iPhone 5s or above. There is a built in pedometer chip in the phone, Fitbit,MFP and other apps get the steps, distance from the chip. No need to purchase extra watch.
  • MikeEnRegalia
    MikeEnRegalia Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm through with Fitbit - too fragile. I just ordered a Misfit Shine ... looks like a watch, is waterproof, and the battery lasts 4 months. :-)
  • strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit Flex and I LOVE it. Very motivating and the numbers it generates as far as TDEE and such are pretty accurate. I got mine on Amazon for $80.
  • DittoDan
    Options
    @Leonidas

I only have a I-Phone 5. But I am going to buy the new I-Phone. I would assume that it has it. I'll check. I do like the idea that its built into the phone as opposed to an extra piece that I would have to keep batteries in, and I would probably lose.

Thank you for the info.....

Dan the Man from Michigan
  • DittoDan
    Options
    @ Leonidas,

I just checked it out. The new i-Phone added a bunch of motion sensors. Really fantastic stuff if a person is into fitness. Too much to post here. But if you go to:

http://www.apple.com/live/2014-sept-event/

MOVE THE SLIDER to 24:20 minutes to see the new stuff.

I hope this helps,

Dan the Man