Certain food that you eat every day?...

Options
asia1967
asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
Cross Thread.

Lately I have been eating a homemade tossed salad with pretty much the same ingredients for close to 3 weeks and I like to eat Special K protein plus cereal with a piece of old cheddar cheese. for my evening snack.

Replies

• pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Most work days I bring a high protein Yogurt for breakfast or maybe a protein shake. For lunch I bring salad with 4 ounces of some kind of protein on it. I change up the type of cheese and dressing to compliment the protein. If I'm not having that it's one of my homemade soups. Dinner is whatever the husband fixes, but it's usually the same menu.

I am a creature of habit so I don't mind eating the same or similar food most days. When I'm bored with it, I will eat out or change it up by changing the meat or other protein portion.

It's the snack that's typically the same. Popcorn! Love microwave kettle corn or Smart Food White Cheddar popcorn.

Pat
  • asia1967
    Options
    Thanks for the response Pat, glad to see that I am not alone with my wanting to eat certain foods on a regular basis. :tongue:
  • trinity9058
    trinity9058 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I eat chicken on a daily basis. Always have, always will. Since my surgery I have protein shakes every day, or at least I try to. I don't feel very good on the day after I miss a protein shake. It drives my husband crazy that I eat the same stuff over and over again but I know what I like and I have a very picky palate. I can't help it but I'm not gonna drive myself looney by grossing myself out all the time trying new foods. It is a source of stress for me and I have enough stress in my life. Nothing wrong with sticking to what you like lol!
  • asia1967
    Options
    Thanks for you comment Trinity: I have started to, just recently add something new to the menu on a weekly basis. Have found a few really good keepers and a few that I would not try again.
  • grim_traveller
    grim_traveller Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I have some sort of steak just about every day. Usually a protein bar for a snack. About five days a week, a ham and cheese sandwich.
  • grim_traveller
    grim_traveller Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I've tracked every bite of food on MFP for over two years now. I only have four pages on my food list. The last page are things I only had once or twice, and won't again. Two pages are seldom eaten, either when I go out, or holidays, etc. Very rarely do I eat something that isn't on the first page of 25 items.
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I've tracked every bite of food on MFP for over two years now. I only have four pages on my food list. The last page are things I only had once or twice, and won't again. Two pages are seldom eaten, either when I go out, or holidays, etc. Very rarely do I eat something that isn't on the first page of 25 items.
    Darn it!
    After reading that, I went to your acct to see what those were....didn't see anything :ohwell: !
  • radcas11
    radcas11 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I eat Greek yogurt every day at least twice a day. I'm addicted to that stuff!
  • bruningk78
    bruningk78 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Scrambled egg everyday. Never get sick of it. I was never a cereal/sweet breakfast type person even pre-op.

During the work week, I also have a greek yogurt for mid morning snack (Chobani Simply 100) and a protein shake for afternoon snack. Now and then I do a pro bar instead of shake.

Lunch and dinner varies.

I get stuck on a food for awhile and then get burnt out on it and back off for a bit. Like with hummus...was eating it everyday at lunch with cut up raw veg for dipping. Kinda got tired of it so now I do Caesar vinaigrette or my latest find, Sabra greek yogurt dill dip.

I do my best to get veggies in wherever I can. In my scrambled egg I have sautéed diced onion and mushrooms. Lunch always a good size serving of raw or cooked veg. Same with dinner.
  • asia1967
    Options
    I thought maybe I was weird or something eating a lot of the same foods over and over again. Nice to know I am "normal" in some respects. lol.
  • bikrchk
    bikrchk Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    An egg with a slice of cheese (almost every day)
    Protein'd coffee (1 K-Cup with a scoop of chocolate whey shaken in)
    Almost every day (lately) Skinny Cow ice cream bar
  • asia1967
    Options
    I haven't had a Skinny cow ice cream in a while, will have to had to grocery list. Thanks for the reminder. :happy:
  • dsjsmom23
    dsjsmom23 Posts: 234 Member
    Options

Protein'd coffee (1 K-Cup with a scoop of chocolate whey shaken in)

I have this every morning! I make mine iced though. I brew my kcup the night before and keep it in the fridge until morning.

Today I mixed things up and had a bowl of mini wheats instead! LOL
  • lkrenz0307
    lkrenz0307 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My staples are eggs, string cheese, cottage cheese, and Isopure zero carb drinks.

Nearly every morning I'll scramble an egg, usually adding a quarter cup off mozzarella cheese to give a little protein boost. Though this morning I made a big batch of pumpkin spice protien pancakes and froze a bunch in an effort to change things up.

I've found that my friends and family are always wanting to go out and I can never seem to finish left overs before they go bad. One meal at a restaurant lasts me multiple days so that's what usually makes up my lunches and dinners. When I don't portion that out I usually grab an Isopure drink to take to work.
  • carpsm1
    carpsm1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I LOVE 1c plain greek yogurt with berries and chia seeds or ground flaxmeal and 1-2 truvia packets! Sometimes I mix in jello sf/ff pudding to 4c of the yogurt and eat it for 4 days. YUM! I have it for breakfast every day.

Susan
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I eat the same foods over and over again too. Eggs or cottage cheese for breakfast, tuna for lunch, and usually fish and veggies, or ground turkey with no sugar bbq sauce.