Hey Guys

Options
Hey guys,
Not sure where to post.
I have binge eating disorder and would love support to try and tackle this beast.
I am a diet queen. Tried everything then when binging reemerged quit.
Realised restriction can feed binging so quit doing that but no real improvement I believe it has turned into a strongly engrained habit.
Did 5:2 for 4 weeks but that is definitely not working for me and I'm not blaming the program just not compatible.
Im ranting.
Hello everyone :)

Replies

• BoubouChan
    BoubouChan Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Welcome :)

You're already making steps in the right direction. You know restriction is a binge trigger and that programs like 5:2 don't suit you (which btw I think it completely normal for people with B.E.D.).

I'm sure you already know this, but you have to try some sort of equilibrium that works for you: not overly restricting, eating mindfully, know your trigger foods and avoid them if necessary, etc. Be aware of the tricks your brain plays on you when you feel you want to binge. The longer binge eating goes on, the more it becomes a habit as you've said. However difficult it is to change, you can do it.
  • igotthis4u
    Options
    Thank you so much x always feel amazing when someone else gets it! :)
  • Dennis4766
    Dennis4766 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Its a battle - like how you call it a beast - I actually refer to it as my "Binge-Beast." Keep posting, we've all been there, or still are in the fight. Might be able to offer suggestions and recommend websites or books to help.
  • Summerfit321
    Summerfit321 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Welcome! First off it's really great that you want to stop binging. I think that for a lot of people who do it, it reduces their quality of life in a way they can't even imagine. I would suggest not over restricting and especially in the beginning getting rid of "trigger foods". Also exercising as a way to help stay happy, you know, keep those endorphins up. It is sooo hard to stop: sometimes it seems impossible. But if you can go for a month without binging instead of just two days, that's already a huge achievement and I do believe that you can stop forever.
    I too suffer from compulsive eating and binging. I'd done so for years, but things got completely out of control this summer. Sometimes I totalled about 7000 kcal a day, and I'm 5 foot 2 inches. This is my eleventh day binge free: the most I had managed in the past three months was 5 days, and even then some days I overate without binging. Gamechanger for me was a sense of rock bottom: gaining so much weight that I looked like someone else, bordering in high cholesterol, severe abdominal discomfort and fear of an early death in my twenties...

You can do this! Take it day by day, and they'll add up.