Introducing myself

Options
Hello all.

My name is Bec and I am 9 days out from my VSG surgery (24th sept). I'm currently doing the optifast thing and being excited/nervous about the hospital.

I don't really know what else to say at the moment asides from Hello to everyone in this group and that I'm looking forward to moving forward in my journey... It's really inspiring and exciting to see all of you people here on your journeys!

Is anyone having their surgery around the same time as me?

Replies

• lbrown1428
    lbrown1428 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I just had my sleeve done 9/12/2014 so everything is new to me still too.
  • becskimo
    Options
    How are you going now? :)
  • relentless2121
    relentless2121 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group becskimo. :flowerforyou:
    You will find that there is a lot of support and encouragement here. Wishing you the best with your surgery and a speedy recovery. :smile:
  • becskimo
    Options
    TY very much!
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    My surgery is going to be September 30th. I'll be starting my one week pre-op diet in 8 days!

Rob
  • becskimo
    Options
    Nice to meet you Rob!
  • Sammers48220
    Sammers48220 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi Bec!

I am brand new to this group as well, and about 3 months pre-op (hopefully). My insurance company requires 6 months of medically supervised weight loss before they'll issue an approval and I'm in the last month of that now. I'm also looking for friends and support so please anyone on this thread feel free to add me!

Sam
  • becskimo
    Options
    On the home stretch! Good luck with approval! Nice to meet you as well!
  • relentless2121
    relentless2121 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Rob on starting your pre-op diet next week.
    I have my surgery consult the day you have surgery. I will be thinking of you and wishing you a speedy recovery.
    You are a wonderful encourager to everyone in the group. Have a great day.
    Welcome to the newcomers as well. :flowerforyou:
  • jrnguyen
    jrnguyen Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your upcoming surgery! I am scheduled for surgery Sept. 22 and so excited!
  • becskimo
    Options
    Yay and congratulations! It's really exciting isn't it! Feel free to friend me!
  • JxAAA
    JxAAA Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your upcoming surgery. Today is my 6 month post op anniversary, I've lost 80 lbs so far. By far the best decision I ever made. That's not to say it was easy every step of the way, if I had it to do over again I'd do it in a heartbeart.
  • loriloftness
    loriloftness Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Best wishes on your surgery. Your surg date is my birthday, so I think that is a special day and I bet it will be for you too! I am about 4-6 weeks from having surgery, but don't have a set date yet. I have my last nutrition appt next week. I look forward to hearing how you are doing!
  • gastrognome89
    gastrognome89 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hey Becskimo,

I had my surgery on Monday in Sydney, so I'm now 3 days post op. Now it's over I can't believe it! The first evening after the surgery was pretty horrible to be honest, I had really bad nausea and gas but after a couple of hours I fell to sleep, and the next couple of days got progressively easier.

I used to live in Canberra too, I think I'll treat myself to Kingsleys chicken when I'm back on solid foods!!

Hang in there, you don't have long to go and you'll be so so happy once it's done :)

Gnomie.
  • becskimo
    Options
    Hello! Thanks for the welcomes guys, I am really feeling the love! Which is such a nice thing.

JxAAA :80lbs in 6 months! Way to go!!! You really deserve a huge congratulations for that, hopefully when I am that far along I can post something similar!

loriloftness: Loving that my surgery date is such a lucky day! I will take that and run with it! Let me know when you get a date and good luck with your last nutrition appointment, may it all go very smoothly.

Gnomie: Oh my Josh! Another aussie! Hope you are feeling heaps better everyday. Kingsleys is half of what got me to where I am today :S... I am counting down the days! If you are ever in Canberra again let me know!

Jrnuygen: Surgery buddy!
  • boomerkae
    boomerkae Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Hi Bec! I'm Kim, new to the board as well. I have my last insurance mandated diet appointment on Monday. Fingers crossed insurance approval goes quickly and I can be scheduled ASAP. I've been trying to decide between bypass and sleeve ... and you see what board I belong to, and where I see myself headed. I know people that have had bypass, but no one that had sleeve, so everyone here is my new friend!! :happy:
  • becskimo
    Options
    Friend! Hope your insurance approval flys by! Let me know how it all goes.
  • Cathiesunday
    Cathiesunday Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody! I'm Cathie and just had my surgery on 9/8/14. Things are going well so far. Good luck to those of you about to have your surgery and to those who just had it!