September 15

Options
Been awful quiet in here lately, even more than usual. Hope everyone is doing good. Things with me are going pretty good which always makes me worry. I tend to wait for "the other shoe to fall." The scale is moving down. Michael and Cody are doing good. The guy who robbed me has decided to plead guilty. I even turned down a cookie at church yesterday. My life is actually on track. That always makes me worry, lol. The only thing I need to get back on track is working out at the Y. I've been working out at home and God knows I get plenty of walking in but I really need the toning that the machines give me and I haven't been doing that lately. Have to get the Y back into my weekly schedule.

How is everyone else?

Dee in St. Louis

Replies

• catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I am hanging in there. Busy a work....working on weekends, after work etc....so pretty tired. Keeping up with my steps. My weigh seems to be shifting also...going down which is great. Happy to hear that things are going well Dee!! And very happy to see that your scales are going downhill too!! Congrats!

nancy
  • ronercat
    ronercat Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I am doing pretty well. I am getting back into the swing of things with school and work. I think I have figured out a workout plan that will work for me during the next few months. I am so happy that the scale is heading down for you both. That is awesome news! I am going to be throwing in more weight lifting which makes me happy because I really enjoy it. Hope everyone is set to have a great week.
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm on vacation, my parents are coming in town for the week. Not losing anything lately but hanging in there. I am thinking I need a new program or diet to get things going again.
  • NorahCait
    NorahCait Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon, all!

Things are going well here, for the most part. Went back to the gym for the first time in about a month on Saturday, and then again on Sunday. I finally met up with this woman that posted in my local MFP group about looking for a gym buddy. We hit it off right away and I'm really excited to have a local accountability buddy! I know I wouldn't have gotten to the gym at 7am both weekend days if it weren't for some kind of external motivation like that. I did the treadmill on Saturday and then weights and the arc trainer on Sunday.

Today, I'm SO SORE I can barely sit down or walk on stairs. It's a good feeling, in a way, since it reminds me of how hard I worked. I'll probably take it pretty easy today. I might try to do a run at the gym, but we'll see how the first few minutes go :) Scale is moving down again, too, which is definitely nice. There's another work competition going on and I'd love to retain my title haha
  • catladyksa
    Options
    Nice to see you all and happy to hear things are going well with you. Looks like we are all on the same plan....of DOING something either to ramp it up or to change something that will hopefully improve or weight loss journey! That is impressive that everyone is working hard to stay on top of our weight loss/get fitter journey!! Congrats to you all and keep up the great work!! Xmas is not far off...believe it or not..... 101 days and counting or 14 1/2 weeks!! Maybe we can target that time frame and if some of us are to busy to post daily we can perhaps check in weekly just to say hi and tell each other how we are doing. I am going to try for 15 pounds off as a personal challenge til Xmas time. For those of you who do not celebrate Xmas....it is just a target date for me as I will be flying 'home' again for the holidays....so that is my challenge, plus I want to get more steps in each day too.

Have a great day/night!
    Nancy
  • PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I'm having a fantastic day. I pretty much gave up most of the day to going on a bike ride. Thankfully my morning client canceled so I had the time. I'm home now, rested and showered and feeling great. I have the dull sorriness of working hard but the satisfaction of accomplishing something. Not much, i obviously haven't done any work today. But i was able to complete my 500th mile (504 to be exact). A beautiful ride to Sunol, CA and a quick visit to the Water Temple and then back.

Those 500 miles took 91 days and 45 hours, and with 107 days left in the year I will aim for the 1,000 mile mark.
    1,000 miles! If you had told me that 166 days ago I would have laughed in your face.
    Think of the places I could go in a 1,000 miles.

14mugxc.png
    2u6fzw2.png

2l90dnd.jpg
    148qe6d.jpg
    2dcbuxs.jpg
  • mikesgirl4evr
    mikesgirl4evr Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Nancy, I think I'll join in you in that challenge. For me it will actually be 16 pounds by Christmas as that will take me down to an even 270 (only 20 pounds from my first BIG goal). I also need to get serious about getting more steps in now that I have my Fitbit back again. I started getting a little lazy in that period when I didn't have it and now I'm only averaging about 5,500 steps a day. Not good.
  • ronercat
    Options
    I will jump in on this challenge. My goal will be 20 lbs by Christmas, Actually I will make that a goal of 30 pounds. It should be doable while still being difficult. We will see how it goes. I just can't believe that Christmas is only a little over 14 weeks away. Where does the year go?
  • catladyksa
    Options
    Pat, you have done a FANTASTIC job of biking!! What an accomplishment to have gone 504 miles!!! Good on YOU!!! Well done!!

Well, looks like we may have a challenge for Xmas!!! Ohhhh the pressure is on!!

I totally agree...with Zac...where does the year go??? Here today....gone tomoro!!!

Well, looks like we have a challenge in our small group!!! Yeah!
  • PatrickB_87
    Options
    That sounds like a good challenge. Should we keep it like the last challenge and change the date from now (or the start of next week till Christmas) or do we want to change what we are tracking.

Maybe this time instead of going point per pound we all choose a goal of how much you want to loose by christmas and you earn a percentage of those points depending on how much of your goal you complete. That way everyone is working towards the same point number and then we can have the regular points of exercising and eating (maybe bonus points for passing your goal).
  • ronercat
    Options
    I like that idea. It is unfair comparing my weight loss with someone who has much less to lose or who is further along in their weight loss path. Maybe we can also throw in some of the random challenges as well to help keep things new and fresh. I am good tracking the same things, but if someone would rather track different metrics I am also fine with that.
  • PatrickB_87
    Options
    I think the metrics we have now are good, perhaps we don't need water but other people can chime in on it. I also like the idea of some extra challenges. Perhaps we should come up with a couple of general ones that we can rotate through as last time it was hard to keep up with ideas.

Perhaps:

1. Exercise Challenge: Add 30 min to your regular exercise routine at least 3-4 times a week ( I guess we have to set a daily goal).
    2. Eating Challenge: Eat your full serving of fruit and vegetable each day for the week.
    3. Exercise Challenge: Try three new exercises during the week.
    4. Personal Motivation Challenge....

When should we start this weekend? Maybe on friday with out first weigh in to set out point. When we are good I will put together a new spreadsheet for us all.