What's your biggest fitness or weight loss challenge?

Options
Right now, mine is just finding the time to walk with two little ones at home all day.

But my biggest challenge is night time snacking. I am fine all day but around 8 or 9 pm I just want to eat cookies. Any suggestions for how to stop this?!

Replies

• Asheea
    Asheea Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    My challenge is staying good on Saturday. I do great M-F then Saturday rolls around and my body is too tired to workout or go walking and the kids Hershey Bars in the fridge scream my name and I can't resist!

To answer your last question I have one last snack before bed around 9-10 pm every night. Usually it's either a BelVida cookie package (Golden Oat is my fav but I do love the Blueberry) 230 cals or I have a Kind bar or Luna bar. 200 cals. Those are healthy snacks and satisfy the late night snack monster. I usually crave chocolate so I munch on a Kind Dark Chocolate Nuts & Sea Salt bar and I'm good. :)
  • smirf1972
    smirf1972 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi Melissa, I also find it difficult at night, once I get in I figure out what calories I have left, but i'm hungry immeadiately and sometimes end up eating my dinner calories in snacks. :embarassed: I now try to just have a cuppa and start on dinner so then i'm full, I drink tea or water with dinner and I've no room for anything else. I try to think about whether i'm actually hungry or just want to snack, most of the time its just wanting to snack and which do I want more the snack or to feel fitter healthier. Notice I keep saying "try" it doesn't always work but most of the time it does.
    Hope this helps a little
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    My challenge is when I get home around 4:30pm, I just want to head to the kitchen and eat something and then keep snacking til I go to bed (I am an early to bed person around 9pm). So I try to eat my dinner around 5:30pm or 6PM and try to control my desire to keep snacking. I will have to try and be more 'mindfull' of what I am doing as I certainly know that I am NOT hungry, just automatically want to put food in my mouth!!
  • comback67
    comback67 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Definitely my challenge would have to be eating too much carbs and sugar and not getting enough protein. Logging my meals into MFP has really helped me see that I wasn't eating healthy. It's no wonder I wasn't losing any weight. Some of the things I thought were healthy really weren't. It just goes to show you that you really have to pay attention to labels. You could just get caught up in the packaging on the front of a certain bran that says how healthy it is but it's really not. I know that it is important to have some carbs in your diet for energy but I was going way over my limit for the day. Now I am learning to substitute certain things and to cut back in some areas.
    Now that I have made these adjustments we will see what happens.
  • rkellon
    rkellon Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My biggest challenge right now is it is to darn hot to walk. I know get up earlier then normal but that would mean getting up at 5 or 5:30 to walk then I am starving all day. :smile: My other challenge is I am stuck I haven't loss or gained in 5 weeks. :huh: