12 Week Weight Tracker_Aug - Oct

Options

Replies

• mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    No weigh in for me this week. I have a severe back strain and have been laid up all week. I do not want a gain due to my injury to discourage me when my activity level is completely out of my control. I am working with my doctors to get it to by 100% but it is going to take time. It is a severe strain internal oblique and some other inferior muscles in my back. Once my back is feeling better I will start weighing again.
  • smdelzer
    smdelzer Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    HI all!

I haven't been on the computer version of MFP in a LOOOONG time, so I missed that there is a new 12-week challenge until today! I'm so excited Jo started a new one!!!

I just added all my weights since August. I just started back at school (teacher), so some weight dropped at the begging from being on my feet all day again, but now I'm too exhausted to exercise, sigh. I did Day One of the Bikini Body Mommy Challenge tonight and am hoping to keep that going....

:)Shannon
  • stephy1824
    stephy1824 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Awww man! I wish I would have seen this when it started :-(
  • mamarundrc
    Options

Join anyways! The more the merrier.
  • skinnythinker2013
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm wondering if anyone has any practical tips for motivation. I've been struggling to stay on track. I plan my meals everyday and put them in MFP but then I stray as the day goes by (especially at night). The obvious tip is just to buckle down and stay on track but... making that happen is much more easily said than done. I would love to get some helpful hints from anyone who has been in this boat and has found success. Thanks so much!
  • 15in8
    15in8 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I have been struggling with that for awhile. What has helped me is focus on two things with diet.

1- Fibre - Be aware there are two types. Insoluble fibre and soluble fibre. Try (http://www.webmd.com/diet/fiber-health-benefits-11/insoluble-soluble-fiber)

Make sure you get a heap of fibre in the first 6 hours of the day. Makes the 2nd part of the day a lot easier. Be aware that a big increase straight away may give you some digestive issues (read gas and poops!) so you may want to do it incrementally.

2- Volume - When you eat food think of the actual size of the food. Ie, if something weighs 100grams and has 100 calories assign it the value of 1. This can be worked out by the weight divided by the amount of calories. You want this value to be over 1. The idea is that you are choosing foods that are not calorie dense. They will then give you a better hormonal response and aid in keeping you full.

The last thing I have been doing is focusing on a mantra "Face the pain of discipline, or face the pain of regret" It has helped me a few times :-)

But ensure your level of calories is realistic. I liken an eating plan to a sleeping plan. You can plan all you like to sleep 2 hours a night, but sooner or later you will crash and burn. Same with food, you can plan to eat 1200 calories all you like, but you will find it tough. Always remember we are not here for the quick wins, but the long haul.

On a positive note, going to smash it on the weigh in this week. Had a cracker thus far, one of those weeks that helps build momentum.

One good hour repeated; One good day repeated; One good week repeated; One good month repeated; One awesome year!
  • 15in8
    Options

Jump in :-)
  • skinnythinker2013
    Options
    Great tips. Thank you!
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    I decided I am weighing in tomorrow. This back injury is going to lay me up longer than I originally thought. I go for an x-ray tomorrow and hopefully start physical therapy. Instead of drowning in food and self pity, I am using this as an opportunity to work on tracking consistently and getting back on track with the quality of the food I am eating. I am focusing on less processed, more fresh, well balanced meals.
  • JRIV60
    JRIV60 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I have been struggling with that for awhile. What has helped me is focus on two things with diet.

1- Fibre - Be aware there are two types. Insoluble fibre and soluble fibre. Try (http://www.webmd.com/diet/fiber-health-benefits-11/insoluble-soluble-fiber)

Make sure you get a heap of fibre in the first 6 hours of the day. Makes the 2nd part of the day a lot easier. Be aware that a big increase straight away may give you some digestive issues (read gas and poops!) so you may want to do it incrementally.

2- Volume - When you eat food think of the actual size of the food. Ie, if something weighs 100grams and has 100 calories assign it the value of 1. This can be worked out by the weight divided by the amount of calories. You want this value to be over 1. The idea is that you are choosing foods that are not calorie dense. They will then give you a better hormonal response and aid in keeping you full.

The last thing I have been doing is focusing on a mantra "Face the pain of discipline, or face the pain of regret" It has helped me a few times :-)

But ensure your level of calories is realistic. I liken an eating plan to a sleeping plan. You can plan all you like to sleep 2 hours a night, but sooner or later you will crash and burn. Same with food, you can plan to eat 1200 calories all you like, but you will find it tough. Always remember we are not here for the quick wins, but the long haul.

On a positive note, going to smash it on the weigh in this week. Had a cracker thus far, one of those weeks that helps build momentum.

One good hour repeated; One good day repeated; One good week repeated; One good month repeated; One awesome year!
    Awesome sauce!! Great post!

Jo
  • JRIV60
    Options
    I put some work in this week so I am hoping it reflects on the scale tomorrow.

Jo
  • stephy1824
    stephy1824 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! Gained half a pound this week so gotta get serious now that I'm on the tracker!
  • JRIV60
    Options
    I am down a pound, woot woot!! Good luck with your weigh ins babes.

Jo
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    Only down .6 this week but at least it is a loss. I need to get back into an exercise schedule and stick with it to see the changes that I really want.
  • 15in8
    Options
    Hit 214.5, so down 1.5lbs this week :-) Happy with that all things considered. Ate just over matainence the last 2 days, otherwise it would have been another pound. But I am happy to keep moving in the right direction at a sustainable rate. I found that I over-ate around martial arts sessions, so I am going to have a look at my nutrional around those periods and see if it is a trend that I can address.

Had 2 sessions of martial arts and 3 weights sessions. I am aiming for 3 of each, so another 600 calorie burn I can pick up.

All in all, pretty happy with the week :-)

Now to keep focus over the weekend!
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    Up 1 lb which is okay. I have been 100% inactive due to injury for over 2 weeks. I am done with my pity party and will get back on track. I managed 7400 steps today without any additional pain. X-rays have cleared me to start physical therapy. I have also been cleared for stretching, walking, and some modified yoga. With a good diet I should be able to at least get back to where I started before the injury.
  • SsetAdnama
    SsetAdnama Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    The semester started (I'm a "nontraditional" student / I'm "old") right after Labor Day, and I've been having some difficulty working my newly-established health-related habits into my new schedule. I haven't logged, or weighed, or really paid that much attention (with the exception of a few gym trips) for the last two weeks. I was prepared to face the music when I finally weighed-in this morning, and I'm up 1.5 lbs. I thought it was going to be SO. MUCH. WORSE.

I just narrowly missed my goal of getting to one-derland by the end of last month, so that remains my goal for the rest of this month. I'm close. I can do this.

This week, I will go to the gym 3 times. I will log when I go to the gym! I will plan my meals M-F and not fly by the seat of my pants and pray everything is ok. I will log my food - at least try! Then, I will deal with the weekend.
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    The semester started (I'm a "nontraditional" student / I'm "old") right after Labor Day, and I've been having some difficulty working my newly-established health-related habits into my new schedule. I haven't logged, or weighed, or really paid that much attention (with the exception of a few gym trips) for the last two weeks. I was prepared to face the music when I finally weighed-in this morning, and I'm up 1.5 lbs. I thought it was going to be SO. MUCH. WORSE.

I just narrowly missed my goal of getting to one-derland by the end of last month, so that remains my goal for the rest of this month. I'm close. I can do this.

This week, I will go to the gym 3 times. I will log when I go to the gym! I will plan my meals M-F and not fly by the seat of my pants and pray everything is ok. I will log my food - at least try! Then, I will deal with the weekend.

Great goals for the week! I am sure you will be seeing one-derland soon! One thing that really help me in addition to planning my meals M-F is prepackaging up some on the go healthy snacks. That way when I am crazy busy (which it sounds like you are), I don't have to give into the crap in the vending machines and since they are already measured out into appropriate serving sizes I don't have to worry about over munching.

Good luck! You got this!
  • SsetAdnama
    SsetAdnama Posts: 106 Member
    Options

Great goals for the week! I am sure you will be seeing one-derland soon! One thing that really help me in addition to planning my meals M-F is prepackaging up some on the go healthy snacks. That way when I am crazy busy (which it sounds like you are), I don't have to give into the crap in the vending machines and since they are already measured out into appropriate serving sizes I don't have to worry about over munching.

Good luck! You got this!

Thanks for the encouragement!

I've started keeping a box of protein bars in my locker, and a few Greek yogurts in the department fridge, so that I always have something healthy to eat at school. I'm work-study, so I have access to the special faculty fridge... which is right next to the fridge filled with microbiology cultures and hematology blood specimens...

I'm also trying to go to bed early and wake up around 5am so I can go to the gym before classes start. The few days I've managed to do this, I've felt a lot more alert in my morning classes. It's been nice knowing my workout is out of the way, so when classes are done for the day and all I want to do is go home and doze off into a textbook, i'm not skipping out of gym time.

Logging food is not working as well for me right now as it was when I had the summer off - just too time-consuming! Trying to keep making healthier choices and smaller portion sizes, so even if i'm not logging, i'm still not doing too much damage.
  • 15in8
    Options
    Hope everyone is doing well! I am managing to keep it together thus far this week. Looking at another drop this week. Will be the first back to back loss for a long time, so happy with that. Keep strong all!