NEW AND NEED ALL THE SUPPORT I CAN GET!

Options
I just went through 7 month of health issues and am ready to get rid of some weight. I have always thought I ate healthy, but think I was kidding myself...

Replies

• grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Janell. We do like to kid ourselves about how we eat. That's why logging my food is so important for me. Many of us can relate to the health issues, but with proper diet and exercise, many of us have had great improvements.
  • 53welshlady
    53welshlady Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    We do tend to fool ourselves don't we? At our age we should know better. I am having better luck now with regarding food as a fuel source rather than something I just want.

Good luck with your efforts.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group. I offer mutual support so if you would like to add me and we can support each other. You can do this and good luck
  • jbouthiette
    jbouthiette Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group, I am sure you will find great encouragement and support here!

- JB
  • jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group...very supportive and fun people here.... :flowerforyou:

Jean
  • dianefisher1947
    dianefisher1947 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    yes welcome to the group, eat well do your best at doing some exercise...put on your happy face and be positive...one day at a time and it should help you realize your goal....you can add me also , I am here everday and comment to my friends.:drinker:
  • Lyndal816
    Lyndal816 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the group.

I find that logging helps me when I have the "convenient amnesia" that I often suffer from.

Lyndal
  • lkw0311
    lkw0311 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I'm in the same boat. Just turned 60 and trying to get healthy and feel and look better.
    Definitely can use support and I know that works both ways
  • dejavuohlala
    Options
    Welcome to the group, you can do this and will feel much better- good luck:smile:
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Welcome, IKW. You'll like it here. You are right. Giving support is as important as receiving it. There isn't one of us who doesn't appreciate an "ataboy" whether we have 200 or 2 lbs. to lose. Even those on maintenance have their times of struggle. Make sure you log everyday and be honest. Join a challenge. They aren't contests or competitions. Just personal goals to strive for. We have monthly challenges and right now a Christmas challenge.
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the group.

Yes, I think we can all kid ourselves sometimes. I kidded myself for a few years that I wasn't overweight. Photos were wrong, mirrors were wrong, you get the picture. One day the penny dropped and I saw me for what I really was - 50lbs overweight. So here I am still trying my best to lose it.

Add me if you like. I always comment on all my friends achievements and disappointments and I am here every day. We all need cheering on from time to time.

Good luck with it all. You have nothing to lose but weight.
  • janellfelker
    janellfelker Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I just found all these wonderful messages and support. Thank you all. Will look forward to keeping in touch.
  • Claud1313
    Claud1313 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Welcome Janel and IKW. You will find a lot of support here.

Happy Trails,

Claudine
  • sweetconcern
    sweetconcern Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi I am new too. Joined the group yesterday. Glad you are with us. It is nice to have new friends with common goals. Welcome aboard..
  • janellfelker
    Options
    Today I really needed....your be positive!
  • dejavuohlala
    Options
    welcome to the group we can do this good luck
  • sharondtd
    sharondtd Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Been searching several days for a group on this site that would fit someone my age. Found you guys. Yessss!
    I've been working on getting in better shape, as well as losing a huge amount of weight. I've discovered some things that work for me. Coupling reasonable goals, sensible expectations, a dog that likes to walk, and a fitbit are helping lots. And for those times when it seems just too unending--this quest for a decent weight--Keeping up a pretense of a happy attitude helps me turn around those blah moments.
  • ireallyneedit
    ireallyneedit Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone...this is a great group although I am not post a lot I read them almost daily and really find it great. I am not one to share a lot of personal feelings but I find I am doing it more and more. Again welcome you will enjoy no doubt in my mind. Look forward to being friends on this group with you. Linda
  • janellfelker
    Options
    Welcome, Janell. We do like to kid ourselves about how we eat. That's why logging my food is so important for me. Many of us can relate to the health issues, but with proper diet and exercise, many of us have had great improvements.

The logging is probably what keeps me on track...thanks!
  • janellfelker
    Options
    We do tend to fool ourselves don't we? At our age we should know better. I am having better luck now with regarding food as a fuel source rather than something I just want.

Good luck with your efforts.

I like that, "food as a fuel source rather than something I just want."
    Thanks!