Paleo while on Vacation for 19 Days

Options
Hi Guys,
I have to report 3 weeks in Europe was amazing.. Food was sublime.. Interesting that i tolerated carbs better over their.. although MILK was still an issue.... and alcohol.. so that was very limited.. I had 8 Airplane Rides, 2 Trains, 4 Countries and 12+ Cities... who knows how much I weigh.. not to concerned.. i feel like i look exactly the same.. Will weigh in tomorrow. I tried as best I could could not overeat, but i tried a little of everything without fear :) !!! I Also I fasted while in Airports, that worked out well. no reason to waste calories on AIRPORT food.. and NOT eating at airports made me feel GREAT.. I read that fasting prevents JETLAG.. and boy are they right. i felt like i had MORE energy coming off the fast..

PALEO is definantly my feel good diet. I did WALK for miles and miles in Europe.. I even went up the 350 steps in WATERLOO :)

I am back home, went to GYM today.. the stairmaster was a breeze.. it MUST be all that extra walking.. FEELING good.. excited to get back to my kids... I missed them terribly..

PALEO all the way :) !!!

Replies

• ortega1990
    ortega1990 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    That vacation sounds awesome! I think you did great and I totally agree about airport food! Blech!
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! I am going to Jamaica in October for our 10th anniversary, I cannot promise I will do as well!
  • Cate1898
    Cate1898 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Sounds like you managed to stay in control the entire vacation and got lots of exercise to boot! I am not sure how I will fare when we go on our 2 week cruise in January.
  • maria_antoinette
    maria_antoinette Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I weighed in after the trip at 132.2 :) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy...

All i want in life is to maintain and be able to eat the occasional treat .. I think the FASTING and WALKING helped.. and keeping to my PALEO lifestyle.. and skipping a meal if NOT hungry at all.

This is truly unreal.. in the past i would have gained over 10 lbs. on a vacation like this...