Day 20

Options
9/16 I was really proud of myself because I did the elliptical for 50 minutes today and I did my ab workouts! I also stayed under my calorie goal :smile: I am getting excited because my sister's birthday is coming up and I am going to treat myself to a cupcake! I hope you all have a great day and stay healthy! :drinker:

Replies

• Astraea05
    Astraea05 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Amazing Job on the elliptical Kelsey! Sure you have more than burned off that cupcake! I had a nice day I walked with my neighbor in the morning and my husband when he got home from work. Really having fun with the runkeeper app. I also got a job interview on thurs so wish me luck.
  • tams644
    tams644 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    9/16 was a good day for me :) Finally felt normal since i got sick last week. got a little workout in and stayed under my calorie goal
  • MichelleV1990
    MichelleV1990 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    9/16 Well, it started off darn good, then went downhill. I broke through the plateau and the computer readjusted my calorie goal to 1250. :bigsmile: Later, at work, my brother called to tell me that our dad had another stroke, and that his kidneys and liver are starting to shut down. :cry: While Dad and I haven't been close (my mom left him when I was 4 months old and we moved away), he's still my father, and I feel horrible for all the lost years. I called him at the hospital last night. He couldn't talk because he was hooked up to an oxygen mask, but I was able to set things right.

Hope today is a good day for all!
  • Astraea05
    Options
    9/16 Well, it started off darn good, then went downhill. I broke through the plateau and the computer readjusted my calorie goal to 1250. :bigsmile: Later, at work, my brother called to tell me that our dad had another stroke, and that his kidneys and liver are starting to shut down. :cry: While Dad and I haven't been close (my mom left him when I was 4 months old and we moved away), he's still my father, and I feel horrible for all the lost years. I called him at the hospital last night. He couldn't talk because he was hooked up to an oxygen mask, but I was able to set things right.

Glad that you were able to get a chance to talk to your Dad and set things right. Nice Job on the break through off the plateau. Hope your day goes well. Best wishes for you and your Dad.
  • Astraea05
    Options
    9/16 was a good day for me :) Finally felt normal since i got sick last week. got a little workout in and stayed under my calorie goal

Glad to hear you are feeling better and was able to work out. great job staying under your calorie goal. I have been having issues with that all week. The weather has gotten cooler hear and I feel like eating like a bear getting ready to hibernate.
  • MichelleV1990
    Options

Glad that you were able to get a chance to talk to your Dad and set things right. Nice Job on the break through off the plateau. Hope your day goes well. Best wishes for you and your Dad.

Thank you so much for your kind words! I really appreciate it.
  • bridetobeMEC
    bridetobeMEC Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the good ideas to stay on track! Yesterday was a great day for me. My midterms are about to start and in dental school that means no sleep and no time to work out. However, I have learned that if I do a slowish walk on the treadmill I can read at the same time. So while I may not be doing as much as my strength training in the next couple of weeks I can still get some exercise in. I am trying a new crockpot Indian chicken dish tonight, which I am really excited about (I love that you can just throw things into a crockpot and it just goes!).

On a side note, I am so sorry to hear about your dad Michelle. I am sending you and your family positive energy.

Good luck everyone!
  • Emmie112
    Emmie112 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear about your dad Michelle. I hope he gets well soon.

I took another day off from the gym and went for a massage tonight. Hopefully my workout will be better tomorrow since I'm not as stiff. And I picked up groceries tonight to get ready for my fast day tomorrow. I'm excited to do it again. I think fasting is getting easier now.
  • MichelleV1990
    Options
    Thank you so much, Bridetobe, and Emmie!