fasting

Options
Does anyone here fast?

Replies

• GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    Options
    I tried IF for a couple of weeks, but realized that it wasn't for me. I know that a couple of ladies here have done it, so hopfully they'll chime in.

ETA: I did 16:8
  • kikih64
    kikih64 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I did the one day a week fast for quite some time. It was such a relief to only have to think about food once that day! I actually can't remember why I stopped. I think as I got "better" at being paleo/primal, I was only eating 3 meals a day anyway and was basically fasting everyday between about 6 PM and 8 AM. It didn't seem necessary anymore. I don't recall that it helped with weight/fat loss, it just helped me get more disciplined about food.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I fat fast in the mornings (BP coffee) and usually only eat two big meals per day. Occasionally on weekends only one big meal. It comes naturally for me but it's not for everyone.

I don't do it for weight loss, only because I am not a food in the morning person, never have been.
  • JennifersKeeney
    JennifersKeeney Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I fasted for 2 days recently and lost a little over 6 pounds only to gain most of it back after I started eating again...
  • carrieann8
    carrieann8 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm not a snacker and prefer to eat dinner before 7. I just can't sleep when I have dinner too late! SO I eat dinner at about 6:30 and don't eat breakfast until about 7:30 the next morning. Between then I only drink water or sometimes some hot tea with raw honey. I've never tried any other fasting though.
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I "fast" a lot without meaning to, and I think it actually hurts me in the end. It can be dicey for women, and is more recommended for men if you look into it further. I heard a lot about it on last year's Paleo Summit...and it was not much favorable to women.