Should a Tough Mudder count as a long run?

Options
_Waffle_
_Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
Last weekend was 14, this weekend is a 15, then a 16, and the following weekend will be a bit of a taper with a 13 mile run scheduled. I typically do these on a Sunday morning and the day before the 13 I'm doing a Tough Mudder. It's a 12 mile course but the endurance part isn't going to be a big deal. They way I see it you "run" (group run) a mile or so and then stop to do another obstacle 12 times. It's going to be muddy, slow, and questionably challenging for me based on endurance. Perhaps my arms and back will be a bit sore the next day. Who knows?

I suppose I'm asking if it's proper to count this as a long run? It has close to the proper number of miles. I guess I'll just wait and see if my legs are sore the next morning. I've never had another even with this many miles (possibly) interfere with a long run. Probably the worst was a 5k race with a long run the next day and that wasn't bad at all.

Opinions? Cat gifs? Ballads of past Tough Mudders from this perspective?

Replies

• LoriLoves2Run
    Options
    Only if a string thong bikini is worn...and you know the deal. It didn't happen if there are no photos.:love::drinker:
  • Curtruns
    Curtruns Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Only if a string thong bikini is worn...and you know the deal. It didn't happen if there are no photos.:love::drinker:

I say no; but if you provide photos of you in that ^^^ outfit, I would say you can call it whatever you want!