Do you stay within your calorie allowance at the weekend?

Options
essexlamb
essexlamb Posts: 18 Member
I struggle at the weekend to stay within my allowance, any ideas to what I can do to stay on track.

Replies

• kwiatrtdy
    kwiatrtdy Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Usually I find it very easy to stay within my calorie limits on the weekends. I think that's mainly because I have lay-ins and am not as active so I don't feel hungry. If I go out on a Friday or Saturday night I find it incredibly hard/ nigh on impossible. I drink my entire day's allowance of calories in the space of a few hours and then wake up hungover and devour a Domino's pizza with sides to recover.
  • essexlamb
    Options
    That's so funny, I suppose we have to cut loose sometime:laugh:
  • kayjosh2422
    kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I really try and plan my meals and I also think about everything I eat as to how much exercise I will need to burn it off. I also drink lots of water when I feel the urge to eat something I really don't need.
  • essexlamb
    Options
    I think that's the solution I'll increase my exercise on Sundays, as I have an English breakfast and a roast on Sundays with the family which I don't want to miss out on it took me over my calories by 700. Hopefully I'll still have weight loss today as I have been under on a few days, I'll find out later:indifferent:
  • afrodizzia
    afrodizzia Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I also struggle on weekends purely because we eat out a lot. It is difficult, not only to find good food but to then try and estimate the calories when logging on MFP.

Here are some changes I have made to ensure that I have some control over what I eat on weekends and so far its been working a treat.

- I stick to ordering a nicoise salad/ salmon salad in most places or a proper steak with vege or salad no mash/ chips/ rice/ pasta
    - No dessert.
    - I also changed to only drinking vodka and diet coke instead of cocktails and other sugary drinks.
    - Have committed to doing some form of exercise sothat I have more calories to play with
  • essexlamb
    Options
    I wish I had enough will power to order salad, I don't mind if I'm out for lunch but for dinner I think i'd really struggle. I could manage with steak with salad though if I have something hot on my plate I'm OK.
  • jenafer22
    jenafer22 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    All,

I struggle with what calories to track. I like my treadmill calories burned!! lol Between my Fitbit, MFP and some exercise RXNet; it seems like they are so far off from each other.

I go with my Fitbit calories burned unless I am on my treadmill then I use that.
  • essexlamb
    Options
    Yes it's difficult to get an exact calorie count, I go by MFP otherwise I have a tendency to go with the one that gives me the highest burn :smile: Yes I like to kid myself so that helps me to be consistent sticking with one reading.
  • Can_Change_Natalie
    Options
    I normally manage to stay within my calories at the weekends, however I find if I go out drinking this is when I go over my calories by a lot!

I used to go out every weekend still when dieting I would just try and make sure I had a meal first so I wasn't tempted to get fast food, I would also try and save some calories in the week to allow for more calories at the weekend.
  • 1pamsnell
    Options
    I'm usually better on the weekends than on the weekdays because I'm at home and can control what I eat much easier.
  • bangbangchoochootrain
    Options
    On the weekends I just eat less, because I normally have two meals (brunch after practice/sunday brunch and then dinner). So if I don't go out, there's no problem. Weekend nights when I do go out however, which I don't track for personal reasons slash inability to measure, are a whole 'nother can of worms.

Basically I know that I workout a lot more on the weekends, since I'm doing my normal workouts plus drumming, and I just try to make sure I do something before I go out at night. I also, although I failed this week, try to stay a bit under my calorie goal earlier in the week so if I go overboard on a weekend my average is still the same.
  • arrielle10
    Options
    My first three weekends so was able to stay in my goal. Then last weekend I got all off track.one suggestion I would make is fit in more exercise on the weekend to make up for the extra calories you will want to eat.
  • JojoW8183
    JojoW8183 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I actually struggle to eat enough on the weekend. I'll usually have breakfast but then pick at trail mix or have an apple. :ohwell:
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Weekends are no different than any other day for me. If I want to eat more, say, in the evening, I eat less for breakfast or even skip lunch. Its not WHEN you eat but how MUCH you eat. :)
  • Palamedes
    Palamedes Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I normally do a lot more exercise on the weekends. If I might go 10 or 12 miles on the bike riding session during the week, I go 20 or 30 miles on the bike riding session on the weekend. With that much exercise, I sometimes have problems on the weekend eating enough.

I'm the opposite on the exercise calorie counting. My Strava bike app comes in way less than MFP's calorie's burned measurement for bike riding. I use the lower number, so I don't have to worry too much if I eat the exercise calories back.
  • Hakers344
    Hakers344 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    MFP and treadmills over exaggerate calories burned. I have a heart rate monitor so my calories are more accurate, but the difference did shock me at first
  • Hakers344
    Hakers344 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I stick within my calories unless I have trained extra sessions to gain calories to use. If u dnot watch it at the weekends that's 104 days per year out of 365 you are blowing. I have a treat etc sometimes, but not every weekend
  • trudywc2
    trudywc2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Most of the time yes. If I do go over its usually wine that does it.
  • Ansin529
    Options
    I incorporate a "treat" day into the middle of the week and then try new healthy recipes on the weekends "time permitting"...

I get so excited about trying new recipes that never think of eating outside my calorie count...

Hope this helps... It works for me...
  • WestLA35
    WestLA35 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    For the weekends. I stay within my count. Usually. I try to switch up the foods to something more fun!