OFFICIAL CHECK IN DAY 10!!

Options
Sorry for the late post guys Wednesdays & Thursdays are busy for me! 55 squats done!!! Comment below when your finished!! Also tell me what vegtable you would like to try but haven't yet mine has to be avocados! I don't know what I'm waiting for lol

Replies

• Erilynn93
    Erilynn93 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I just finished my 55 squats. I really have no idea what vegetable I'd like to try, maybe I can get some ideas from you ladies! :happy:

Avocado is a fruit, btw :wink:
    (at least I think it is... :indifferent: )
  • DeterminedbyGod
    DeterminedbyGod Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I just finished my 55 squats also. Don't really have a particular vegetable.
  • MeganZeman
    MeganZeman Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I just completed my 55. I used to work in a little locally owned natural foods store and there were several veggies I saw that I wanted to try but never actually did. I have never had golden beets which I think look lovely. I have also never tried beauty heart radishes which also look beautiful and much more delicious than regular radishes (which I don't particularly enjoy). Oh yeah, and sunchokes (I think they are also called Jerusalem artichokes)....I'm actually just kinda curious about these... they don't look particularly delicious to me. Have you ladies tried any of these if so what do you think of them? Worth a try?
  • arwFTW
    arwFTW Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    After weight training and an hours of zumba those 55 squats HURT. But I got em in!!! Good work everybody!
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    55 squats in! I love trying new veggies...My daughter and I get veggies every week from a local CSA (consumer supported agriculture). we pay x$$$ a year and get fresh local (sometimes weird) veggies every week that we split. I have a ton of dehydrated okra in my pantry, that i'll use this winter in stews and soups.
  • jillxmadelynne
    Options
    I did mine. Two sets of 20 and one set of 15. I have never tried kale, but here its supposed to be super good for you. And whether an avocado is a fruit or a vegetable you need to eat one! Warning- if you eat one you will become addicted!
  • burlingtongrl
    burlingtongrl Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Did my 55 after an hour walk this morning. I"ve never tried kale either and would like too. I know a lt of people put it in smoothies, but how do you guys prepare it?
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Got 'em in, 55, last night at home. Then wasn't on the computer for the rest of the night.

I've had avocado. Both in a salsa as a fish/chicken topper (at a restaurant, I'm not that creative!) and on sandwiches at Subway. It was really good in the salsa. Ok on the sandwich - would be good for a mayo substitute as its kind of creamy. I usually do mustard though!

I'm having a hard time on your question. I've tried many things in the past year or so that I never would have before. Regularly eat zucchini and cauliflower now, as well as spinach. (Fresh as in a salad, not big on it steamed/cooked.) I've tried asparagus. I'm thinking I'd like to try things like star fruit but I don't know how to eat it!
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I haven't been around for a bit but I have done my squats, I am at 55
  • MeganZeman
    MeganZeman Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    That CSA sounds great! Also, I personally don't like kale in my smoothies because I can never really get it completely smooth... but I still make me kids drin it. Isn't that terrible, where is my leading by example? I won't but you have to! lol I feel like spinach works better ....anyone have advice on how to make their kale more smooth in their shakes?
  • burlingtongrl
    burlingtongrl Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Love spinach on smoothies for sure! That is so funny about making the kids eat it...love it. Maybe I'll try the kale steamed or mixrd in with a salad.
  • nill4me
    Options
    That CSA sounds great! Also, I personally don't like kale in my smoothies because I can never really get it completely smooth... but I still make me kids drin it. Isn't that terrible, where is my leading by example? I won't but you have to! lol I feel like spinach works better ....anyone have advice on how to make their kale more smooth in their shakes?

Yes. Make kale chips. you can do that in a dehydrator or in an oven. eat them on the side while you drink your shake...lol. I've never found a way to get it to totally blend in either. But I love me some kale chips! Two great sites are Rawmazing.com, and Nouveau Raw. The latter actually has a recipe for chocolate kale chips. I've not tried that one yet but I will!!
  • nill4me
    Options
    Got 'em in, 55, last night at home. Then wasn't on the computer for the rest of the night.

I've had avocado. Both in a salsa as a fish/chicken topper (at a restaurant, I'm not that creative!) and on sandwiches at Subway. It was really good in the salsa. Ok on the sandwich - would be good for a mayo substitute as its kind of creamy. I usually do mustard though!

I'm having a hard time on your question. I've tried many things in the past year or so that I never would have before. Regularly eat zucchini and cauliflower now, as well as spinach. (Fresh as in a salad, not big on it steamed/cooked.) I've tried asparagus. I'm thinking I'd like to try things like star fruit but I don't know how to eat it!

I think that star fruit has a nice thin edible skin....so, just slice it right up! I believe its a bit tart, but tasty.
  • nill4me
    Options
    Did my 55 after an hour walk this morning. I"ve never tried kale either and would like too. I know a lt of people put it in smoothies, but how do you guys prepare it?

Check out Rawmazing.com and Nouveau Raw. the latter has some awesome kale chip recipes. do a pinterest search for kale chips. they are amazing.