help me pick a good calcium citrate!!

Options
lbrown1428
lbrown1428 Posts: 116 Member
I am taking calcium citrate in carmel chews form from the brand Celebrate. I hate it. I hate thinking about even taking them. What other options do I have to get my calcium citrate in? My husband bought me pills today that said "petite," which they were anything but petite. I cut it in half and still get it cough in my throat. So please give me so advice on some other form of calcium citrate that isn't huge pills or chewable carmels.

Replies

• lbrown1428
    Options
    Anyone?
  • karensdream
    karensdream Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Bariatric Advantage (maker of Celebrate ) makes a unflavored calcium crystal that you add to your water, along with whatever flavoring you like, ie: Crystal Light. that should work for you. Check them out on their website.
  • becskimo
    Options
    Hello!

I'm in Australia, still searching for what will be a good one here too!
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I know I already sent you a link for different options, theres also Natures Own for gummy
  • lbrown1428
    Options
    Okay! Thank you!! I'm going to order the powder stuff my surgeon doesn't want us to take gummies anything because they have had people get them stuck in the opening of the stomach and have to have another surgery.
  • SibylDiane
    SibylDiane Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I use Wellesse liquid calcium citrate. It is cheaper and has lower calories and carbs than any of the "bariatric" chewable or gummy products. I buy mine from Amazon.
    I think the taste is fine (particularly if I keep it refrigerated) but if you don't like the taste, you can dilute it with water, light fruit juice, skim milk, etc.
  • Cathiesunday
    Cathiesunday Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I use Wellesse liquid calcium citrate, too. I keep it in the fridge and put it in my protein drinks.
  • relentless2121
    relentless2121 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I live in Canada and I hear that Costco sells it in a liquid form. I'm sure they must sell that in the USA Costco stores as well. Hope that helps. My friend showed it to me and it is two bottles packaged together. :smile:
  • msmarisa21
    msmarisa21 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    This is the website link for the liquid calcium citrate at Costco (they are on sale this month):
    http://www.costco.com/LIQUID-reViva®-Calcium,-64-Ounces.product.11706458.html.

They also make a liquid mulitviitamin in the same brand (also on sale this month).

Another option is to get a pill crusher and add the crushed calcium to food, such as greek yogurt, cottage cheese, or pudding. I like to add it to high protein food so I am getting my protein and calcium at the same time.

Bariatric Advantage also makes other flavors of chewables. I like the peanut chocolate because they taste like Reese's cups. If you call Bariatric Advantage, you can ask them to send you samples of products/flavors to try and see if you like them before you buy.