Daily calorie limit

Options
Hey,
wondering what everyone's daily calories intake is and do you eat your calorie exercise back.

Terry

Replies

• ashteinpeacock
    ashteinpeacock Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    My goal is 1200 daily, but I eat around 1500 because I do eat back my exercise calories.
  • conetah24
    conetah24 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    1760 calories/day and I usually eat my exercise calories back because I always have a protein smoothie after I workout. I try not to eat other foods just because I exercised. With a 1200 calorie diet I would recommend eating back your exercise calories in some form because your body could very well be under fed.
  • ZhaoWei76
    ZhaoWei76 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My daily goal has pretty much been 1250 since I started in January of this year...

As far as eating back calories, I will say that in my first 9 months, I didn't really exercise that much...

HOWEVER, when I do, I generally don't eat back my calories... At least not all of them... If my exercise gives me an extra 300 calories or something, I might be over my numbers by like 100 or something, but I try not to eat them all back (cuz I'm excited that I have the exercise, and want it to help me lose)...

If I have a really taxing day, with lots of action going on, I will eat a bit more, though...
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    My daily calorie goal is 1200 but i eat around 1300 - 1500 a day. I dont eat all my exercise calories I eat some of them back.
  • U2R2
    U2R2 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I view 1500 calories as my limit rather than goal, so no eating back exercise calories.
  • Kiyy
    Kiyy Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    looks like I'm between 1200 to 1500.

Today I started an extreme diet . the goal is 20 Lbs in 14 days Diet. I thought some of you may want to try it. I have done this diet three times in my life. each time I lost 17 to 22 Lbs.Yes this is a diet that will be loosing water-weight. It stayed off a while and is a great kick start for me. I have more than 20 to loose before Christmas.

1. 4 to 5 meals a day – Each meal has a protein and a vegetable
    mix and match protein and veggies from the list. .serving size will be different for each individual and their Unlimited greens steamed in microwave or raw. I can’t remember how to calculate how much protein to eat for your goal weight but when I did this in the past I always just eat about a med chicken breast size of meat and that worked.

2. You must drink at least 1 gal of water each day, you may use crystal light in your water to help you drink it.
    cut water in half the last 3 days

3. You must get 60 to 90 min fast walk, jog or other intense cardio each day.

4. Every 2nd day add a small carb 1/3 to 1/2 cup brown rice small sweet potato. I’m going to exchange one Zone perfect bar or quest bar for my breakfast meal. Every two days.

5. Coffee is ok but no dairy or nondairy creamer.

If its on on the list you cant eat it. This is a Body Builder pre-competition 20 Lbs in 14 days Diet.

Protein – Lean meat – none processed
    • Chicken ½ a breast baked or sautéed in pam – Publix roasted chicken breast no skin is ok.
    • Turkey fresh not sliced lunch meat. About 6 oz
    • Egg whites about 6 or egg beaters are is full of salt and should not be used in last few days.
    • Fish – tuna is. ok Can Tuna is full of salt and should not be used in last few days.

Green Vegetable – fresh no added sauce
    • String beans
    • Spinach
    • Kale
    • Lettuce

Allowable Condiments
    • No salt, salt substitute
    • Splenda
    • Herbs and spices
    • Tomato paste sparingly
    • Mustard
    • Vinegar
    • Small bit of Pam spray for cooking

If you want to read more about low carb see this article that was posted in here by another person it was a good article. : http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/keto.htm
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Mine is 1,643..

I eat my exercise calories back because there is a deficit built into that by MFP....

HOWEVER...

I also realize that machines/MFP tend to OVERestimate calorie burns for exercise so when I input my exercise, I take the number on the machine (or MFP) and multiply by .666 and enter that as my burn. (in other words, I only "claim" 2/3 of what MFP or the machine tells me I burned off)

I figure that also will help to give me a tiny bit of cushion for less than accurate logging (I don't do food scale right now and I'm hopeful I never have to get that anal about my intake because I would have a hard time being consistent with that..)
  • Palamedes
    Palamedes Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    1940 Yeah, I get to eat a bit more because I'm a fairly tall guy and I'm trying to lose weight slowly. I have most been using Strava to track my bike rides which is my major exercise. Strava's calorie calculation for biking is about half of the MFP estimate. Most days I eat the exercise calories back, but sometimes I don't bother.

Sooner or later, I'm probably going to have to try putting on muscle weight while losing the fat. At that point, I will probably look at my limits and change them.
  • Jojojesse
    Jojojesse Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    KIYY If I could eat like that I would not be having this weight problem :D
  • arrielle10
    Options
    I do not normay eat back my exercise calories. I will sometimes but I try not to
  • zanne54
    zanne54 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and currently 174. My calorie goal is 1560, and I eat back about half my exercise calories.
  • bstevens87
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and currently 135 lbs -- I eat approximately 1200 calories a day..somtimes more & sometimes less. I eat a diet of high protein low carbs and I try to keep fat lower too which is hard to do when you cut carbs.
  • Val8less
    Val8less Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Mine is 1600 per day and YES I do eat back my exercise calories sometimes...WELL..ok...most of the time...:drinker:
  • ViolaLeeBlueberry
    ViolaLeeBlueberry Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Mine is 1200 a day, and granted it's not like I'm experienced at this (having just joined here and started tracking this month), but I will say that a 1200-a-day limit is a heck of an incentive to exercise.

And also not to eat crap. Yesterday I got some Oreos for my teenager, who is sick with a cold and miserable and so naturally needs Oreos (do not take this as medical advice), and I thought, "Mmmm, Oreos! Wonder how many calories those are?" The answer being, 45 a cookie. And who ever eats a single Oreo? So, well ... I am not going to spend my hard-earned exercise calories on some dumb Oreos! Although it's nice to know I CAN.

I'm finding that at the end of the day I'm sufficiently thrilled with being "under" (after exercise and after eating some but not all back) that I don't eat back all of them. But having the option is a good incentive for exercise and also a psychological plus point ... it's important to feel like you have choices, and not just be locked into ... well, 1200 calories a day!!! (Eegads.).
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I have mine set to between 1200 and 1300 a day. I might eat back SOME of my exercise calories but not all.
  • bangbangchoochootrain
    Options
    Mine is set to 1800, since my BMR is like 1760~ and I eat back all of my exercise calories. Most days I average out to a net of 2000. Basically because my college so so freaking huge and hilly I know that I am burning way more than what is listed as exercise running back and forth between classes and up and downstairs, so until the point that I stop losing weight for an extended period of time, I'll keep doing what I'm doing.
  • BruceHedtke
    BruceHedtke Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    My calorie limit is 1810 and I eat back about 50% of my exercise calories. I usually try to stay 100-150 calories under my daily goal because I'm not a total fanatic about weighing/measuring every single thing I eat. I mean I weigh/measure and log the "big" things accurately but little things like parmesan cheese or hummus or an apple, I'll just eyeball it and leave room in my daily calories as a margin for error. I was weighing those things but the difference was just too small to continue bothering. A 100 calorie cushion should cover anything that I didn't weigh or measure.

I don't eat back all my calories (normally) simply because my appetite isn't there. Eating back half the calories leaves me feeling quite satisfied and the scale keeps going in the right direction so I'm sticking with it.
  • JojoW8183
    JojoW8183 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Mine is set 1900. My BMR is 1720. I don't eat back exercise calories and I'm usually ok on hunger. Thinking about lowering it to 1800, not sure yet.
  • vkdarling
    vkdarling Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Mine is 1200 - I have been doing that since May... I dont typically eat back my exercise calories unless i burn A LOT for the day - or if I want to go out to eat with friends or something I exercise extra just SO I can eat them back - but i dont make a habbit of it - I assume that I eat a few more calories than I log (mistakes on mfp, mistakes measuring etc) so its just more of a cusion.
  • gcecilia60
    gcecilia60 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am on a 1300 calorie limit, and I do not eat back my exercise calories. As it is, my lbs. loss is sloooooow. I am losing more inches than lbs. I have been counting seriously since very end of July 2014.