DOES THIS DIET IS CAVEMAN OR PALEO?

Options
FaridPERU
FaridPERU Posts: 172 Member
http://www.cavemanpower.com/food/caveman_power_diet_stage_one.html

hello, i need some help, i just want to know if that diet works like caveman or paleo

thanks

Replies

• LeenaGee
    LeenaGee Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    This diet lost me at Stage One with all its fasting and feasting. I cannot see it as a healthy diet and I think is just another fad diet. Paleo is about healthy eating. Proteins, fresh fruits and veggies, Omega 3s and water.

"How to do Stage One
    The first week will challenge you, but it's likely that you will enjoy the challenge because you will be rewarded daily with a feast!
    How long to stay on Stage One A minimum of 2 weeks, and a maximum of 4 weeks.
    Every Morning First thing upon waking - slam down a big cup of water. You will get a 'brain rush' and your body will come to life rather quickly.
    Every Day Graze lightly on small amounts of fruit and unsalted nuts during the day, not dried fruit (it's full of concentrated sugar). You will start detoxing immediately. Don't worry if you get a bit hungry, because at night you can feast as much as you like - focus on that as a reward for your day's efforts. Every Night Feast on anything you want... and as much as you want! Eat only once though - don't have multiple meals. It doesn't matter what time you feast, you can feast at 1am if that suits you, anytime is fine - welcome to Caveman Power!
    Summary

In the beginning, you will feast once a day on anything you like. Go ahead and have Pizza, Burgers, Chips, whatever your heart desires. You will come to learn how much you really enjoy these foods... not much at all.

Observations
    *Eating anything you want will eventually lead you to crave healthy food.
    *Any excessive hunger will disappear entirely, as your body returns your stomach to it's natural state. After all, your stomach is only the size of your fist!
    *You may feel light headed for the first few days, particularly if you are exercising. This is a good thing! Your body is just burning fat instead of sugar, and the weight loss process has begun.
    *You may notice you have extra energy; because you're not sedating yourself with food. This is wonderful as it means you are becoming raw, energetic and vital. Embrace it fully, don't be afraid - you are alive!"

My observations are: Eating lots of junk food just leads to craving more junk and feasting at night just gives me a very uncomfortable night's sleep. I wouldn't attempt this diet.
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    Options
    The Caveman diet has nothing to do with Paleo or PB and it really sounds like you'd spend your feast days feeling like crap!
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    A "caveman" diet promotes feasting on wheat/sugar based processed foods at night while grazing on fruit and nuts in the day? Yeah, it lost me there. That's called bingeing and I've done that for years and it almost killed me. If one is malnourished I can't see how that's the best way to resolve it.

I'm all about eating healthy unprocessed animal and plant foods and doing it in a sustainable way. It's not rocket science.
  • sportyredhead01
    sportyredhead01 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    6159e3e4a2b3ab71c8ef76829818a816.jpg
  • katharineshalia
    katharineshalia Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Caveman Power? Why am I envisioning Captain Caveman? You can't eat "anything you want" on paleo unless it's meat, vegs, fat & fruit. Never heard of this guy, but he's basically telling you to eat sugar (fruit) and peanuts (not the best source of protien, nope) all day and party all night. I'm giving it a thumbs down.
  • Revekka77
    Revekka77 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This Caveman Power Diet does not sound like the Caveman Paleo Diet. The stages in it sound unrealistic. Paleo is about eating natural foods, not starving and bingeing...
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    NEGATIVE. This is NOT Paleo. This is something else entirely and is definitely not suitable for a lot of people.