Thursday Challenge 9/18 Check In! Do it for you!

Options
13Strong
13Strong Posts: 502 Member
I'm going to post the progress sheet at the very end this time. If you are new, pick an exercise and give me the number you can do. On Monday, we'll post it again. 2 weeks till the end of the month means we can still progress if we leave excuses behind and take the 10mins to get it done.

Check in:
Your challenge exercises
Your food and calories today
Your water
And any other exercise.

Healthy change takes time and work and mistakes. Its up to us to keep trying and going for what we want.

02ba7b22-1862-41f3-a069-c9928d1f42ea_zps47f5de9f.jpg

Replies

• 13Strong
    Options
    If you guys get a chance, check whitneyh83's post. I know a number of us have mentioned we are having difficulty too right now. Maybe we can buddy up to get us through the upcoming holiday season (anyone else see halloween candy, thanksgiving dinner, and winter just looming over? lol). I am not lookng forward to all the extra calories coming up!

GMStb - Question, how far do you walk? I'm thinking about adding evening walks, but every time I talk myself out of it (bugs, worried the barn cat will follow etc). Do you walk for a time limit or distance? Just curious and hoping to get my own motivation up.

Mamamageno - I hope yoga helps your back!

BookFoxx - Avocado in the morning sounds good. Maybe if I hit up the store this weekend, I'll grab some too. Still haven't tried the eggplant lasagna - but I need to get off night shift before I get back into a cooking mood. Hope today is another good day for you!

If you haven't realized it, I'm responding to yesterday's post, technically though today is my "night" for yesterday... minus the fact I can't get to sleep... uggghhhh.

Ok. I know I shouldn't complain as much, but night shift and I are not good friends by any means. AND in a year and 1 month, I'll be getting married which you think would be a good motivator but it's a much better stress-eating inducer. So! My goal is to post my calories for every meal on here, and post a minimum of 10 minutes of exercise! If you don't see that from me, please hit me up if you don't see that! :)

Have a good "night", I mean, day everyone!
  • sweetpea2820
    sweetpea2820 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I've been having a really good week. I've been staying between my 1200-1300 calorie intake.I had an everything bagel with some blueberries and weeds and seeds for breakfast, for lunch I made a homemade soup. Not sure about dinner yet. Still drinking my 3.5L of water:drinker: and have been exercising everyday. Started a new challenge at the beginning of the week. So I am keeping on track I even had to through in some hiit exercises did my first one yesterday will do my second one tomorrow. I will not lie I'm a little sore today. But I will keep on keeping on. :smile: Hope you are all having a great day.
  • whitneyh83
    whitneyh83 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Today was a good day for me, got a 30 minute walk in and 10 minutes of a tough workout dvd. I'm under my calories with room for a little snack if I need one. It's been a pretty good week, hoping for a strong weekend too.
  • turtle8111
    turtle8111 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I feel like every day is bad for me. I just cant get into it. I start off good, then dive bomb. I'm not even getting 5000 steps in per day! Why cant I get the motivation and determination to do this?
  • 13Strong
    Options
    Ugh, I feel like every day is bad for me. I just cant get into it. I start off good, then dive bomb. I'm not even getting 5000 steps in per day! Why cant I get the motivation and determination to do this?

Where exactly are you dive bombing? It is it consistent? For me it's after work that are my weak times (and night shift).

Also start small. Make a goal. Hit it, post it here. We can help keep you accountable by being a place for you to state what you have done and what you can do better on. :)
  • bookfoxx1987
    bookfoxx1987 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Food - I did ok until dinner. I had my avocado and cheese egg scramble (I highly recommend it, Strong!). Lunch was the lasagna again. But then for dinner I had Papa John's breadsticks and pizza. I also went out to a new barcade (yes, a bar/arcade) that opened recently and had a few drinks so I am sure I am over my calories for the day. I think I'm in early vacation mode.

Exercise - No active exercise but with all the walking I had to do, I got in like 45 minutes

Water - lots of water as usual. I did drink some soda and alcohol tonight though as well. I'll try to get in some more before bed.

Good night everyone!