New guy here...

Options
Good morning all...

I seriously started using MyFitnessPal about 60 days ago and have found it to be very help in monitoring what I eat and love the way it tells you the amount of calories burned with the exercising etc.

I'm 67 yrs old and from central Pennsylvania and am an avid amateur photographer....I'm married, father to two now adult kids and have 5 grandkids and lots of gray hair. :) In any case a few years ago I had lost 100 lbs and had but gained 45 lbs back and am 'determined' to do something about it. I am at 12 lbs lost since I started with MFP. If the weather allows I ride my bicycle 6-7 miles a day on a nearby 'rails to trails' path. I am hoping to make a trip to the southwest (Monument Valley and Antelope Canyones) in Arizona and Utah yet this fall to shoot pictures of the beautiful area.

Please feel free to add me as a friend....I suspect all of us need as much encouragement and motivation as possible to achieve our goals!

Replies

• jbouthiette
    jbouthiette Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Welcome, it is good to see another guy join this group. I am sure you will find encouragement and support for your journey as I have.

- JB
  • jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Welcome Dan...I am sure you will get the support you are seeking here......a very positive group and also full of fun! :smile:

Jean
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Dan. Originally from PA. You'll like it here.
  • hayleyandpaigesgrandma
    Options
    Welcome, Dan. We all struggle with the same problem. I hope you enjoy our group
  • Lyndal816
    Lyndal816 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the group.

I have lost about a bazillion pounds throughout the years, only to gain back about a bazillion and 50. I am here to stay because I want to finally figure this weight thing out. So far the friends I've met through My Fitness Pall have offered so much encouragement. I hope you find the same things I have by becoming a member of our 60+ group

Lyndal
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    Morning Dan. Glad you found our group. I think us recycled teenagers need all the support we can get.

I too have eventually got my bike out and ventured out on it a couple of times. I really enjoyed it. I found a lovely tree on the canal bank I thought I could ride too and sit under it to perhaps read a book before riding back home. I haven't quite done that yet and as winter is approaching I may have to wait until next summer. Never mind, all good intentions............

I will send a friend request. Maybe I may be encouraged to ride my bike more when I hear of you riding yours.
  • DanNissley
    DanNissley Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind welcome...I look forward to the interaction here!