The beginning

In the beginning it was a group challenge and lot of motivated eyeballs. Some joined and some logged. In the end all were winners even if some dropped out. Join the group I assure you that you will see success and get motivated. Good things to come.

[Copy and paste the spreadsheet link to your browser and start updating]

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JjqJfSJW2nyrhatl-VGc65KI7oiFFgEfZuyL0dCu12U/edit?usp=sharing

The above link is fully accessible and editable on your desktop. However, if you want to edit the spreadsheet on any mobile devices (iPhone, iPad, Android) you will need three Google Apps (Google Docs, Google Drive and Google Sheets) downloaded to your mobile device. Next you will need to login to Google Drive. At that stage you may have to let me know your email so that I can specifically add the email and the spreadsheet appears in your Google Drive. First try it with the link rather than the email.

Replies

• enoliaa
    enoliaa Posts: 28 Member
    Hi balancedwalker

Thanks for inviting me...I am a little struggling at this point of the journey as I am feeling more comfortable in my new body so I tend to eat more...I want to go back on track and make people like me work together to get re-motivated to do this...
    Where do we start? Maybe talk about our issues and objectives?

I personally have another 4-5kg to hit healthy BMI and another 8kg to hit my final goal...I started cheating a lot lately because I guess I get so many compliments on my new body and how good I look etc and people even tell me not to lose more...But I know I am not done yet...My goal is to do it the same way I was doing it before and shredding 3-4 lbs every week, and staying easily under my calories objective!!!

How about you?
  • balancedwalker
    balancedwalker Posts: 686 Member
    Yes, I agree. My objective is to get back on track, stay under 1500 calories current goal and do my leisure walks. From March to July 2014, I lost amazing 52 lbs here on MFP doing just what I said about my track. However, in August, I had some health scare issue that made me fill my bucket list with all foods in the world. Hopefully its all clear for now but I have some extra baggage handed back (yo-yo). If I say I will be very pleased to get back to 232 from current 262 in 100 days, I will be one happy puppy.
  • lalepepper
    lalepepper Posts: 447 Member
    Hi enoliaa, welcome! Great idea to use this as a venue to discuss our goals from the start. It's almost like that point where you get comfortable and rake in compliments while getting lax on habits is destined to happen. I too noticed that happening once I hit my halfway mark. Needless to say, with over 55 lbs still to lose, it wasn't anywhere close to a good time to be relaxing and settling in to old habits. Staying mindful and reminding yourself of the goals and ideas that have motivated you so far can be really powerful!

balancedwalker: It's really sobering how one event and the subsequent fallout can set us back. I'm really glad to see you're back and that your determination is strong! The same strengths that helped you knock out those 52 lbs will be very handy this time around.

As far as my issues and objectives go, I have a couple of things I'd like to accomplish before our 100 days are up:
    I'm currently at about 220 and have 40 lbs left to lose before reaching my 180 lb goal (the maximum I can be with a healthy BMI).

Recently I set some smaller monthly goals to motivate me to keep losing through the end of the year. I'm aiming to lose at least 6 lbs a month through the end of December, which will leave me at 200 or less if reached consistently.

I've also been expanding my goals to other areas of life. By the end of the year I'd like to establish better spending habits to enable my husband and I to put aside more money to move away from Long Island. I came here for college and stayed for my first job, and this place makes me miserable. I grew up in western New York in the country and find this place so overwhelming. In the past it's reduced me to anxiety attacks and feeling depressed - now I'm just frustrated and want out. I work in the field as a social worker, so 650 miles/month of driving for work isn't helping. I'm not an angry person, but I feel like I'm becoming one here...such a terrible feeling!

I'm currently making more of an effort to feed my interest in learning and trying new things. I've been getting myself to the library in my free time and watching new movies and reading lots of books. I was in a bit of a rut with my free time, basically coming home and watching TV all night besides work, gym, and cooking. I want to keep up this habit of getting new media and ideas worked in to my life on a regular basis.

My last big goal for this challenge is to get back in to making more home-cooked meals. While I'm doing a good job at keeping my calories under and meeting macros, my husband and I have been relying a lot on convenience foods for meals. It ends up being expensive and my sodium intake is higher than I'd like. I love cooking and know how to cook, I just need to get back in to the swing of it being a habit. Now that our work schedules are settled again, this should be more manageable. I'll probably start my aiming to do homemade a few times a week and gradually increasing, which worked for getting my butt to the gym.
  • balancedwalker
    Lalepepper, you have awesome goals and plans. Regarding reading I will suggest that you download Flippboard app if you do not already have it. I maintain a career magazine named BOX on Flipboard. I have flipped over 850 articles and I have over 210 readers. Let me know if you need more help on that.

My ultimate fitness goal is to reach 173 lbs and maintain healthy lifestyle, so I have long way to go from my current 262 lbs. For 100 days challenge getting to 232 lbs will be little aggressive but will try.

More on goals later.
  • badatgyu
    badatgyu Posts: 11 Member
    My biggest goal for this challenge is to get down to the 150s. I'm only 13lbs away from my original goal of 150lbs, and I would love to meet it. With all the holidays and celebrations, I have been WAY too lax with my calories and exercise. I need to get back into it 100%. Thank you for inviting me, let's do this together!
  • balancedwalker
    badatgyu, you have some amazing achievements. Keep inspiring.
  • aprilh47
    aprilh47 Posts: 250 Member
    my goal for this challenge as it stands is 14lb, a pound a week give or take. and i will be happy.
    However i am going on holiday in october, ive just got to remember healthy choices healthy choices and not to drink to much. Maybe ill have to try running on the beach.
  • lalepepper
    lalepepper Posts: 447 Member
    badatgyu: Oh man, you're so close - I'm hoping this group helps keep your enthusiasm strong!

aprilh47: You're already doing yourself good by thinking about areas you'll need to be mindful of on vacation. I have some friends at work who run on the beach some mornings for exercise and absolutely love it. Where are you going on holiday?
  • balancedwalker
    lalepepper, you are now officially Group Admin.

aprilh47, keep succeeding and have fun on the beach. It will be little demanding but do logon MFP during this time.
  • This is my first post and I just signed up. I will begin tomorrow. I need to take off 15 lbs of fat, then start strengthening and building muscle. I am 55 and I want to be stronger and have more stamina. I want to be able to do hard work without exhaustion, especially gardening and farming work, because I want to retire to farm living.
  • Sairzie
    Sairzie Posts: 122 Member
    Ok I'm in. I've always found having targets works well for me. So my aim....

I'm Sarah and I'd always hovered around the higher side of my ideal weight range until about 2 years ago. Suddenly weight started piling on. So now I'm at the point of trying to lose 50lb's to get back to the weight I was back then. I was diagnosed with underactive thyroid about a year ago so that works against me but I'm determined to keep pushing myself to lose the weight, get fitter and tone up. I was motivated last year to lose the weight for my wedding in May, but didn't achieve my goal. So now I'm determined I won't fail again.
  • aprilh47
    aprilh47 Posts: 250 Member
    im going to Portugal, two families one big villa. boy am i ready for it.
  • lisi79
    lisi79 Posts: 9 Member
    Hello everyone..... My goal for the next 100 days is to drop 15 lbs. I have been up and down with my current weight about a year now and it's time to get moving back down. I look forward to this challenge and hope to share and receive a lot of good tips for achieving better health..... Happy Friday:)
  • balancedwalker
    Welcome all new members.

The last 100 days of any year are typically the period that do the most damage to our weight goals. For change I will like my New Year Resolution to be something different than what it always has been.

Let's start 2015 with healthy-me and not wanna-healthy-me.

Keep going.
  • joe_hikeny
    joe_hikeny Posts: 58 Member
    Hello All.

I invited MFP friend Susan to join. Her and I were the only two left at the end of a 30 day group where most people bailed after 2 weeks. I'm glad to share motivation and daily ups and downs with other motivated individuals. I hope everyone here accomplishes their goals and really embraces a healthier lifestyle.

I've been in the military 15 years. Part time and full time. I'm Full time currently. I think the military is the only thing that kept me somewhat in shape. Otherwise i might have completely let myself go. I gained a good amount of weight when my wife was pregnant and i was already heavier than i wanted to be. I think at my worst i was 185. My ideal weight when i was first in the army was 150 LBS. I ended up at 160 - 165 somewhere and just stayed there for years. I wasn't in shape. But i could do everything required. I had lost that motivation and dedication to fitness i once had.

I think most people know that Nutrition is 80% of the journey. It's hard saying no to delicious food even if you know it's bad for you. With the Holiday season approching it's going to be even harder fighting off temptations. I LOVE EGGNOG... It's probably my number one vise in the winter.

I also love hiking and other outdoor activities which are hard in NY Winters.

So i'll have to get creative. Find things to motivate myself. I will continue this fight until i've reached my goal. Then i'll start the next journey which will be maintaining that goal weight.

I want to be in the best shape of my life at 34.

Tomorrow is my warrior dash race. One of my fun events to keep me motivated.

Stay Motivated

Joe
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Hello All,
    If you don't mind, I will join your challenge. I am like a few others....when I lost some weight and people started to say tell me I looking good....I stopped my weight loss journey...or rather took a detour. I lost 30 pounds, then gained about 6 back...and I need to get remotivated to move forward again. I stopped logging, but will start to re-log. I try and get about 10,000 steps in per day....hope to keep that up. My goal is to lose about 16 pounds and continue with my steps...and add some more types of exercises besides walking each week.

Look forward to working with you all.
    Nancy
  • balancedwalker
    Catladyksa, you are most welcome to the group. We all encourage you to add your name to the spreadsheet and update the spreadsheet with your 100 days goal, ultimate goal and weigh-in on dates shown in the spreadsheet. The link to spreadsheet is given in the description and first post of this topic. You don't need to login. Just copy paste the link in your browser and start the challenge.

Let us know if you still need help.
  • persistentsoul
    persistentsoul Posts: 268 Member
    I tried to set up an MFP account 61 days ago only to discover i already had an unused one from past so started using it. had reached 322lb and now at 282lb as of monday. I hope to be at 280lb for start of challenge and to reach 260lb or less by end of 100 days with an ultimate long term goal of 160 lb or less which i hope i may reach by end of next year maybe.
  • teaspoon43
    teaspoon43 Posts: 238 Member
    Hi everyone and Happy Friday! I'm glad this challenge is here. I'm going on 5 weeks straight of counting calories and exercising regularly and have lost almost 20 pounds. Although I am trying to lose weight, and a lot of it, I'm not truly setting goals other than to eat healthier and be more active which in turn will lead to me losing weight. I personally find that if I set a goal and don't meet it I get downhearted and start to quit. I'm making a lifestyle change, not doing something short term. I am going to set a goal for this challenge to hold myself accountable but if I don't reach it at the end, and as long as the scale goes down, oh well. If not then I'm surely doing something wrong and my "healthy lifestyle" isn't working. We can help each through the entire thing. We've got this!
  • balancedwalker
    teaspoon43, everyone here is a winner whether they reach their declared goal or not. But I am sure you want to give yourself and your loved ones a healthy-you. So, we have this little fun challenge.

Stay Champion.