Discount Double Check

Options
So, been on a LCHF diet for about 25 days and as much as I want to believe that I am in Ketosis, I truly have no idea. Yes I have seen weight loss and yes I feel AMAZE-BALLS, but I still question if i'm eating the correct ratios to be in a true Keto state.

I went from eating strict Paleo to eating LCHF, so I didnt see the typical changes others might when the cut out sugars, or carbs. I did all of that a year ago when I changed over to Paleo.

I guess simple question would be, it there a upper limit to the amount of Fat I take in each day. I range anywhere from 125 grams of Fat to 180G. My Ratios are a steady 75F/20P/5C so I would tend to assume that I am in the right zone..... But again. I don't know.

I really have no desire to do the Ketostrip, as I have heard they are a huge waste of time and money, being too inaccurate for true readings. Would anyone be so kind as to look at my diary and give me their thoughts on any improvements I need to make to ensure im in the sweet spot.

Thanks all!

Replies

• PatchEFog
    PatchEFog Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Without actual testing, there's no way to know what your body is doing with those macros.
    KetoStix sometimes aren't reliable for a number of reasons. http://ketopia.com/why-you-need-to-stop-worrying-about-the-color-of-your-ketostix/
    Breath testing is a little better (though I've found it to be awesome for the one time expense): ketonix.com
    Blood testing is expensive. $20-$5 a strip.

Your macros look okay. Fat is in the 65% to 85% range.
    Your calories seem chronically low plus your exercise deficit, so you may want to look at that.
  • yzefan
    Options

Your macros look okay. Fat is in the 65% to 85% range.
    Your calories seem chronically low plus your exercise deficit, so you may want to look at that.

I try not to look at calories as i just to go off of satiety. The only thing i could do is eat later in the night but i assumed that was not a great idea and to look at it as an act of IF. Would you say this is incorrect thinking?? I have added some small Fat bombs at night to try ensure that my BS levels stay consistently level.

As for excercise, i just dont bother logging it on here, but i do understand the importance, so i will in future. My only concern is im a biker... mountain.. will that effect weight loss too???or should i continue?
  • MikeEnRegalia
    MikeEnRegalia Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Macro percentages can be hugely misleading unless you're eating in caloric balance. What are your absolute values for carbs and protein? That's what matters as far as ketosis is concerned.

BTW: Myfitnesspal.com sucks in that way - if you overeat, they will scale up the suggested intake based on the percentages. Huge fail.