Options
Hello, i am very excited to find this group. I am 69 and have struggled with weight for most of my life. Have tried everything from WW to therapy but still I eat as an escape from difficult feelings. I do think MFP can help if I log in every bite I eat. It makes automatically control what I eat if I have to confess to myself. There are many issues I would like to discuss with others at the same lifestage.

Replies

• 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    Hello sloshmog and welcome to the group.

we are a friendly bunch here and we all have the same problems. It is not as easy as it used to be to burn those calories but with a bit of organisation, some good friends on here and MFP it is possible.

I wish you luck in reaching your goal. If we all stick together and work hard it will happen.
  • sloshmog
    sloshmog Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Glad you are joining us.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    welcome to the group. You can do this. Good luck with your journey:smile:
  • jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group...lots of friendly, supportive and fun people here..... we can all do this! :flowerforyou:

Jean
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Welcome sloshmog! Pretty friendly group here.

Can I ask what are some of your goals beyond weight loss? I mean, that is certainly enough but you might have other interesting goals.
  • hayleyandpaigesgrandma
    Options
    Welcome, we all struggle with the same problems. However everyone is very supportive here which is very helpful on those days things just don't go as well as expected.
  • Lyndal816
    Lyndal816 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Sloshmog,

I have been a member for 60 days now -- this time. What is different than all the other times is that I decided to become part of the community. I've made myself vulnerable and, as a result, my new friends have welcomed me into their lives. I hope you find what you are looking for and that you journey is one of success.

Lyndal

P.S. My oldest son and his family live in Brooklyn.
  • meciaone
    Options
    Welcome to the group.I have been a member for quite some time but have not been active but my weight is slowly creeping up. So I think it's time to kick things in gear. One day at a time.
  • Claud1313
    Claud1313 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Welcome Sloshmog! You're sure to enjoy this group as much as we do.
    Happy Trails,
    Claudine
  • jbouthiette
    jbouthiette Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Welcome Sloshmog, I am sure you find this group encouraging and supportive!

- JB
  • ireallyneedit
    ireallyneedit Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Welcome you will find we are a friendly bunch of people who are all in the same boat. Look forward to having you in the group.