Breakfast carbs

Options
mizzbugsy
mizzbugsy Posts: 40 Member
I am eating primal and feeling mostly good. However, I get bored with just eating salad in the morning. I know I need carbs to start my day...what is your favorite veggie carb to eat in the morning?

Replies

• deansdad101
    deansdad101 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I am eating primal and feeling mostly good. However, I get bored with just eating salad in the morning. I know I need carbs to start my day...what is your favorite veggie carb to eat in the morning?
    Mizz;

Why do you "...know I need carbs to start my day"???

Typical breakfast for us is:
    2 egg (with yolks) omelet
    2 slices of cheese
    1 cup of raw spinach
    3 strips of bacon
    spices
    coffee

450 cals/ 1 net carb / 75% fat / 24% protein

Filling, healthy, and delish!
  • mizzbugsy
    Options
    Hmm...I'm not really sure why I say "I know I need a carb to start my day". I have just been having a veggie with my breakfast (ie: wilted kale, wilted spinach, green salad).
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    My typical breakfast includes eggs, bacon, heavy cream, cheese, and butter. Sometimes I add mushrooms or spinach if I want a veg.
  • LatinaGordita
    LatinaGordita Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    My typical breakfast includes eggs, bacon, heavy cream, cheese, and butter. Sometimes I add mushrooms or spinach if I want a veg.

This goes for me too. I seldom add veggies to my breakfast, but I do have some for lunch or dinner.

I typically go fat-heavy instead in the morning for my source of energy.
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I too like more fat and protein in the morning--too many carbs makes me hungrier the rest of the day and I end up overdoing it. Had eggs, bacon and cream cheese in an omelet this morning, with a few cherry tomatoes.
  • memelizzy
    memelizzy Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I agree with you all and stock up on fat in the morning. Bulletproof coffee helps me with this.
  • rmhyre
    Options
    I agree with adding mushrooms or spinach to an omelet in the morning...although usually I just eat the eggs bc it's easy.

Other great morning vegetables...
    Sliced avocado
    Broiled or grilled asparagus
  • mizzbugsy
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Maybe I should change the way I think of breakfast!!
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    OMG avocado with eggs or bacon, or both!!! Yumz!

I've been doing cubed turkey with some crumbled bacon when I can remember to fix the bacon, I have a buttload of eggs I need to be eating.
    I'd love to do an egg over easy on a piece of toast with some sugar free preserves, but don't wanna waste my carbs on that.

But seriously tho the avocado....you need to.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    Instead of toast, have an egg overeasy on a steak. If you're not motivated enough for that in the morning, eggs are still awesome for dinner.