OFFICIAL CHECK IN DAY 15!!

Options
Heyy peeps!!! Happy Monday! Today's squats were brutal especially after my late night gym session...oh so sore lol comment below that you've finished your 75 squats also give use one of your favorite recipes if you have one i have been craving wings so i found this buffalo cauliflower wing recipe!!

BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER WINGS INGREDIENTS

1 head of cauliflower, chopped to florets 1/2 cup greek yogurt 1 Tbsp almond milk 1/2 cup water 1/2 tsp garlic powder 1/2 cup oat flour 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce 1/2 Tbsp melted butter of choice pinch of salt PROCEDURE Preheat oven to 450F. Whisk together greek yogurt, milk, water, garlic powder and oat flour until well combined. It may be thick. Toss cauliflower florets in yogurt mixture until well coated. Place cauliflower on baking sheet lined with foil and sprayed. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until coating bakes over florets. Combine buffalo wing sauce, butter and salt. Pour sauce over cauliflower pieces and toss on the baking sheet to coat thoroughly. Bake for another 5-8 minutes. Devour with blue cheese dressing! (I made my dressing with 1/2 cup greek yogurt, 1/4 cup blue cheese, 1 tsp lemon juice, and 1/2 tsp garlic) This recipe yields 6 servings. NUTRITION per serving (about 1 cup): 42 calories 6g carbs 1g fat 4g protein

Replies

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Confession: I slacked on my squats a little over the weekend. Meant to get them in early on Saturday, but that didn't happen. Ended up running errands w/ hubby & yard sale shopping. (My 12 year old added a massive # of Beanie Babies to her collection.) Did get in a mile + on the treadmill to get my steps, burn goals met. Getting into bed at 11pm, I remembered my squats. Put them off til Sunday. Fast forward and Sunday is my long day at my 2nd job. I did get my 70 in last night before bed though, and doing 70 squats all in one session BURNS.

Have not gotten mine in yet today - but I will! I leave work to head to class in a bit, and my 5pm professor has a tendency to finish early. So should have an extended break before my 8pm class.

I have a few fave recipes. For me, they need to be easy & not use too many ingredients. I'll share my baked pasta. Its modified from one I found in a Biggest Loser cookbook.

1 box Ronzoni Smart Taste pasta (12 oz in the box, can use any type of pasta but I like this as its high fiber)
    1 can Hunts or store brand regular spaghetti sauce (I buy whichever is least sugar as that is the big difference in calories)
    8 oz part skim mozzarella
    1 tube JennieO hot turkey sausage (12 oz I think - going from memory here)
    15 oz part skim ricotta
    Grated parmesan cheese for topping, I use about 20-30g
    Olive oil spray

Cook & drain pasta as directed. Brown sausage, drain. Mix pasta, ricotta, mozzarella and sausage in a large mixing bowl until pasta is well coated. I usually mix the pasta and cheeses then add in the sausage.

Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 13x9 casserole dish w/ olive oil spray. Pour in pasta mixture. Pour sauce evenly over top, and then sprinkle w/ parmesan cheese. Bake for 20 minutes @ 350. "Cut" into 8 servings.

Calories 425 or so depending on your choice of sauce. A little higher if you use a 16 oz box of pasta. Can use mild sausage, or add an extra kick by seasoning with red pepper flakes.
  • arwFTW
    arwFTW Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Insanity today so I'm not sure i'll have the legs for 75 squats, but I just wanted to say, Staci that recipe sounds AMAZING and I am totally going to make it this week. Thanks so much :D
  • burlingtongrl
    burlingtongrl Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Did my 75 today and added 5 lb weights, only did 40 with the weights though.

I'll have to think about a good recipe. Hard to compete with the ones already posted...yum!
  • MeganZeman
    MeganZeman Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Busted out my 75 during the kids' bath time this evening. I felt the burn! One of my favorite recipes for this time of year is coconut curry butternut squash soup. The link I'm adding is pretty much my recipe except I also add one granny smith apple and a dash of cinnamon. http://southernfood.about.com/od/wintersquashrecipes/r/r91201b.htm
  • MeganZeman
    MeganZeman Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    arwFTW, Gah! I still have to get my Insanity in too. Puke! What week are you on?
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I just finished up my 75. I have a lovely recipe I found for salted caramel "ice cream" That uses coconut cream instead of dairy. It is not low-fat....sorry, but it is incredibly delicious and amazingly easy. coconut sugar is a low glycemic food too :)

Ingredients
    (3 cups) full-fat coconut milk, from 3 cans (not raw) that have been refrigerated for at least 3 hours
    ½ tsp sea salt
    150g (3/4 cup) coconut sugar*
    (optional) 1 tsp vanilla bean paste (further enhances the caramel taste) - i just add a touch of bourbon vanilla.
    Instructions
    Take the cans of coconut milk out of the fridge, open them and notice how the fat has sunk to the bottom and the skimmed has floated to the top. We want the fat part, the cream (Don't fear the fat!) So pour out the liquid and discard or keep for another recipe. And scrape out the cream to use for the ice cream, you will need 3 cups full.
    Combine all the ingredients in a blender and mix for a minute until completely smooth.
    Follow your ice cream maker's instructions to churn the ice cream.
    When it's churned, transfer it to a shallow, freezer-safe container and leave it to firm up for at least 1 hour or overnight.
    Take out the freezer 5-10 minutes before you want to serve, to let it soften slightly. Then use an ice cream scoop, soaked in hot water to create the perfect scoops! ENJOY! Sprinkle with just a touch of sea salt.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    I got my 75 in last night between classes. Also some walking. I did laps around a big building (took almost 700 steps to circle, so I'd say about .3 miles per loop). Lap, 20 squats. Lap 2, 20 squats. Lap 3, 20 squats. Lap 4, 15 triple-dip squats. Lap 5.