Exercise causes flare ups?!

Options
Does it seem like anyone else gets flareups with more activity? The more I exercise the more, i get flareups! And not to metion im taking the antibotics everyday for almost a month now

Replies

• shannonewallace
    shannonewallace Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I do get flare ups when I exercise, mostly when I sweat alot (even when not exercising but just being in the heat). Luckily showering after the gym helps, but when i am out and about it's harder for me. I also find it hard to be able to wear deodorant (which i need when i exercise) because that will cause flare ups for me as well.
  • MrsTyHarris
    MrsTyHarris Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! Its frustrating at time. But im not giving up
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    It does suck - but you have the right attitude - DON'T GIVE UP! Even if you can only exercise a little you are still helping yourself and maybe it will be better for you to try lifting weights rather than cardio. You'll burn fewer calories but help burn fat instead of lean muscle and you'll get stronger. Just keep doing something and keeping your calorie intake lower than your expenditure!
  • MrsTyHarris
    MrsTyHarris Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement CharlieBarley and the tip! Im gonna keep going! :bigsmile:
  • katatak1
    katatak1 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Sorry to jump on an old thread, but yes, exercise makes me flare too. I've found that showering immediately after the workout combined with lower-sweat exercises really helps. Another option is to combine high sweat exercises with a quick shower and a swim in the pool. I find the chlorine does wonders for the skin. It kills the bacteria which causes the flares. If I had a pool, I'd swim every day.
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I hit the ymca everyday and have been doing the pool classes and yes I have had fewer flare ups.....
  • that_tall_girl
    that_tall_girl Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I've been on doxycycline for about 5 years now, and I still break out pretty badly when I exercise. It doesn't happen right away though; it usually takes a week or two before things start popping out. I think the swimming idea is a really good one. I find it very relaxing even though it's exercise. I'll push myself hard for a couple of laps, and then take it easy with a backstroke. Awesome way to get some activity in without aggravating things.
  • cheekym7
    cheekym7 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I love and miss swimming. What do you wear in the pool? there is no way I am getting into a bathing suit like this :(
  • that_tall_girl
    that_tall_girl Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    When I go swimming, I wear a basic black one-piece and some swim shorts over that to hide the scars on my legs. Can't do much about hiding my underarms, although I know that you can get rash guards (like what surfers wear) that will cover that. Basically, dress like a surfer, but swim like a lifeguard. LOL