WEIGH IN DAY!!!!

Options

Replies

• catarinadev
    catarinadev Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Feeling a bit despondent-. I have been slacking off the last 2 days...copying the same meals over and over without accurately logging extras like walnuts and craisins in my salad...My exercise has been at the minimum as well...1/2 hr. walk per day. Need a quick pep talk as I'm slipping back into bad ways. Dreading the weigh -in...:-/

It's a journey, not a sprint. There will be obstacles and hills to climb, days where you're tired and can't be bothered or just can't. The thing to remember is that you're still going forward. Look at your despondency and slight slacking as a hill to climb. It's tough, you feel like giving up because you're going uphill and you don't feel like you're making progress. But you are- just noticing that you're feeling like it's difficult, posting in the group, not wanting to slip- these are good things.

And if you do slip- it's ok, just keep on climbing and soon you'll get to the top and be able to walk across flat ground.

The weigh-in is just a number on the scale. If it's not what you want- that's ok, make targets for the next weigh-in day. But don't let the number get you down. It's a marker on a journey, not a beginning or an end (this is what I keep telling myself :smile: )

Please forgive the laboured metaphor, and keep on going! You can do it!
  • HelenDootson
    HelenDootson Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Another 1lb gone this week, exercise has gone to pot as I am now on crutches :( will try and get a couple of swims in this week. Can't wait for my ankle to heal so I can get back to running - Feeling very frustrated and fed up
  • hcalder3833
    Options
    It's a journey, not a sprint. There will be obstacles and hills to climb, days where you're tired and can't be bothered or just can't. The thing to remember is that you're still going forward. Look at your despondency and slight slacking as a hill to climb. It's tough, you feel like giving up because you're going uphill and you don't feel like you're making progress. But you are- just noticing that you're feeling like it's difficult, posting in the group, not wanting to slip- these are good things.

This is a good reminder for me. I have been relishing getting stronger after having dealt with back problems that send me to bed about every four months. I should be due for one any day now, but instead have started to do strength training and feel energetic and resilient.

But now I have a cold, and I ate my way through yesterday feeling tired and grumpy, and am feeling derailed. The weigh-in tomorrow makes me nervous, although my goal is less about weight and more about strength and energy.

Thanks for the reiteration that there will be hills to climb, but that forward motion is the most important thing. :)
  • sowdenb
    sowdenb Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your wonderful post. I appreciate your time, thought, and perspective.
    I have made progress...(as I hope we all have)...no longer do I go for large portions of everything and snacks that never seemed to satisfy . I am becoming much more aware of the role of food in my life. These last few weeks I have been working to change negative behaviors that made me feel crummy and have started implementing more positive choices. Change is essential and takes time and patience... let's all keep climbing and continue on in the journey-one day at a time...Glad to be in this group!
  • hcalder3833
    Options
    Weigh in day. Ugh.
    Last week I finally saw the scale move. Today I am back to where I was. Exactly the same place I was when I started logging and exercising weeks ago. I've been patient as I know I am building muscle and can feel some changes in my body.

But COME ON!

Back to remembering the journey.
  • Losing_Sarah
    Losing_Sarah Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    SW: 218.9
    LW: 216.1
    CW: 214.1
    GW: 199.9

2 lbs down from last week!!!
  • wriggles95
    wriggles95 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Didn't weigh in last week, so I've lost 3lbs over the last 2 weeks!! =)
  • maginsky_91
    Options
    Last week I was up to 250 for some reason. I think a few friends on here figured it out to be too much sodium in my diet because I took their water advice and I was down to 242 two days later. As for this week I maintained and am still at 242 lbs but after the vacation I had this weekend and some of the crazy food choices I made I will gladly accept maintenance.

SW: 245 lbs
    GW: 235 lbs
    CW: 242
    UGW: 150 lbs
  • 0505jen
    0505jen Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    2 lbs. down so far. I'll take it:tongue:
  • nancy_bou20
    nancy_bou20 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day. Ugh.
    Last week I finally saw the scale move. Today I am back to where I was. Exactly the same place I was when I started logging and exercising weeks ago. I've been patient as I know I am building muscle and can feel some changes in my body.

But COME ON!

Back to remembering the journey.

Don't be too disapointed :) your clothes and pictures are the best ways to stay motivated. The scale is evil but the miror and your clothes will always be honest with you if you look in the same miror and wear the same clothes that is hehe

It is for the rest of your life and like everything else, we make mistakes but we learn form them and practice is all that seperates us from perfection.

Keep up the fantastic work !
  • weavernv
    weavernv Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    SW: 157.2 for Challenge

Weigh in Dates:
    Start of Month (9/03): 157.2
    9/10: 155.3
    9/17: 154.0
    9/24: 153.7

Total Weight Lost: 3.5 lbs (This is exciting! I didn't expect to move this week with all the stuff going around here!)
  • MorganB66
    Options
    Down 2 pounds this week. All together 8 lbs lighter! On the 5:2 eating. Anyone else?
  • catarinadev
    catarinadev Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your wonderful post. I appreciate your time, thought, and perspective.
    I have made progress...(as I hope we all have)...no longer do I go for large portions of everything and snacks that never seemed to satisfy . I am becoming much more aware of the role of food in my life. These last few weeks I have been working to change negative behaviors that made me feel crummy and have started implementing more positive choices. Change is essential and takes time and patience... let's all keep climbing and continue on in the journey-one day at a time...Glad to be in this group!

:smile:

Really pleased to be in this group too! To continue the journey metaphor- when you travel with companions, and you step across rocky ground and stumble there are people around you to catch and steady you, and you are there to do the same when they find themselves on uneven ground.
  • bluestarlight19
    bluestarlight19 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Trying to not just say f-it all and give up. Sick babies and TOM last week, oh 0.6lb gain, well could be worse. Now I've been sick all week, feeling like crap, still tired from last week and now being sick, zero energy, eating all the things then not eating because don't feel well...and...put on 2lbs...in 1 week...:( :'( so a total gain now since I started of 2.6lbs...

SW: 245.2
    1st: 245.2
    2nd: 245.8
    3rd: 247.8

:'( gain of 2.6lbs.....
  • sowdenb
    sowdenb Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Love thyself...take it easy on you! It is VERY difficult to diet when your energy and emotional resources are depleted. Take care of the babies AND take care of you! I was sick last week-made huge pot of chicken soup with lots of onions, garlic, carrot, celery and chicken broth. Ate lots of soup and salad with tea and it worked! Better than Twinkies. Get some rest (when you can), eat good foods, and you will be better in a few days...and then re-visit the perspective on why you to lose weight. Hang in...we are in your corner!
  • bfitgirl
    bfitgirl Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    late with weigh in....but now

19.5% bodyfat,

thats a 1.2% drop since start and built some muscle so very pleased.

Weigh in today and used the gyms Inbody230 electronic bf machine that u step on and hold electrodes in both hands. It said I was 15.9% bf at the same weight as last week..... I would b impressed but as it's TOM today unfortunately my body is screwing with the machine so next week it will give a bit more actuate reading. It was nice tho thinking I could b that bf% building 2kg of muscle in a week and losing the same in fat....just shows u those machines can be off 5% in bf, so unless u know your own body don't put too much credence into the readings!!!
  • HelenDootson
    HelenDootson Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    All went wrong this week - Up 3lbs :sad: has refocused me for this week though :smile:
  • hcalder3833
    Options
    Still frustrated...went up a couple of pounds and then down, and right back to my starting weight.

SW: 180.6
    CW: 180.8
    GW: 165
  • 0505jen
    0505jen Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Still at 2 lb. loss but I have lost 1 inch from bust/ 1 inch from waist/ and 1 inch from hips:love:
  • lynndiewilhelm
    Options
    I have lost eight lbs so far!!

SW 234
    CW 226
    GW 199 (for the challenge)