Motivation Exchange (Please contribute or ask for help here)

Options
balancedwalker
balancedwalker Posts: 686 Member
edited October 2014 in Social Groups
Dear Team,

We all need motivation especially over 100 days. If you can share you enthusiasm we are eager to read it. If you think you are slipping then feel free to ask for help. Throwing the first stone:

~ Give me your commitment in the last 100 days of 2014 and I will give you a healthy-you on the New Year Eve.

Replies

• Triplestep
    Triplestep Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    To me, here's the best reason to start at "2015 minus 100 days": No New Year's resolution.

I want to be in full swing and have good habits in place by the time the clock strikes midnight on 12/31; I don't want to greet yet another year's beginning where I have to make a resolution to get on track.

Nothing against the hundreds (thousands?) of people who will join/return to MFP on Jan 1 - they will be doing the best for their health, too. I just want to head into the new year (and holiday gatherings ahead of it) with the resolve that I'm building now, with all of you here. We can do it!
  • lesleychev
    lesleychev Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have a poly bottle which I put on the scale and filled with 3lb water. Sealed it, wrote on it what is it and it is left somewhere prominent so I can pick it up and carry it around to remind what I've left behind.
  • Christine_1085
    Christine_1085 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    GO SLOW from WebMD

Diet success entails making real lifestyle changes, and that doesn't happen overnight. "You have a better chance at keeping the weight off if you lose it slowly. People who are starving get irritable and have a higher failure rate," Kulze tells WebMD. "If you cut back 200 calories a day, you won't even realize it and the weight will come off and stay off." If you keep in mind that optimal weight loss is 1 to 2 pounds a week, you'll be less frustrated
  • joe_hikeny
    joe_hikeny Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Warrior Dash was awesome Yesterday. I killed it. It was easier than the Spartan Sprint i did. I'm hooked. I'm going to be doing mud runs multiple times a year. I'll be going for my Trifecta with Spartan Races this year.

Stay Motivated

Joe
  • balancedwalker
    balancedwalker Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Time has no value if life has no purpose.
    ~Yours truly
  • Etherlily1
    Etherlily1 Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same. - Carlos Castenada

Weight Loss Problems #1457
    Trying not to slap the person that says you can eat whatever you want as long as you burn it off at the gym.

Have you ever exercised so damn hard that your *kitten* signals Batman for help?

As you see I like quotes. I use quotes as motivation because at the three in the morning when I am considering ditching the rest of the day it is what I can find as friends tend not to appreciate a 3-6 AM call as I look for motivation.
  • Christine_1085
    Christine_1085 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    *** Give today your all

Whether you’re trying to lose weight, lower your stress level, or looking for new ways to eat healthy, each day is a new day to tackle your goals.

*** Mind over matter

Sometimes, your brain can be your own worst enemy. Keep yourself mentally sharp (and thinking positive thoughts) by snacking on nuts, adopting a Mediterranean cooking style, and getting plenty of sleep

*** Healthy food, happy body

That craving for a bag of Doritos can be satisfied with the click of a vending machine button. But, the feeling after eating them might not be worth it.

Trade in that craving for a delicious fat-burning snack or workout session with your friend for more long-term and healthier results
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I have a poly bottle which I put on the scale and filled with 3lb water. Sealed it, wrote on it what is it and it is left somewhere prominent so I can pick it up and carry it around to remind what I've left behind.

I love this idea!! Thanks! I will be filling alot of bottles, but heck...would be fun to see them disappear when the weight is gone!
  • kaitlynnesmommy
    kaitlynnesmommy Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the group guys! I'm loving that there is only 100 days of the year left...100 days to kick some booty!

Good luck to all and we can do this!!!
  • lesleychev
    lesleychev Posts: 56 Member
    Options

I love this idea!! Thanks! I will be filling alot of bottles, but heck...would be fun to see them disappear when the weight is gone!

Another suggestion I heard about this was to fill bottles as you lose weight so you can see how far you've come.
  • Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 16,309 Member
    Options
    Another suggestion I heard about this was to fill bottles as you lose weight so you can see how far you've come.

I heard it with packages of butter :happy:
    But water is more practical, after all, you don't want to eat all that butter, and it would be a shame to throw food away.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    My weight lifting husband always says to me when I'm struggling "Pain is weakness leaving your body" I always tell him to be quiet but I won't anymore! Pain or tiredness as I classify it means we're doing what we are supposed to be doing to get ourselves in better shape. BTW we're talking good pain here not bad damaging pain!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    To me, here's the best reason to start at "2015 minus 100 days": No New Year's resolution.

I want to be in full swing and have good habits in place by the time the clock strikes midnight on 12/31; I don't want to greet yet another year's beginning where I have to make a resolution to get on track.

YES!!! I love this!!
  • MelsLeanDream
    MelsLeanDream Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I have 2 old coffee jars. I filled one up with marbles. That one is called 'kg to lose'. The other jar is empty and is called 'kg lost'. I transfer the marbles as I lose weight as a visual reminder.
  • MelsLeanDream
    MelsLeanDream Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    And I think about weight lost as blocks of butter or cheese. Its easy to visualise when already I have lost 5 blocks of butter!
  • mora982
    mora982 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I need suggestions for High protein and Low or no Carb snacks. I'm trying carb cycling and on Low Carb or No Carb days I've to increase my protein intake, but in most days I'm under the daily recommended by 30 gm or so. When I try to add in some food like yougurt, eggs,or cottage cheese my carbs exceeds the allowed percentage. Please Help!!!
  • Etherlily1
    Etherlily1 Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    I need suggestions for High protein and Low or no Carb snacks. I'm trying carb cycling and on Low Carb or No Carb days I've to increase my protein intake, but in most days I'm under the daily recommended by 30 gm or so. When I try to add in some food like yougurt, eggs,or cottage cheese my carbs exceeds the allowed percentage. Please Help!!!

Tofu, firm tofu. It not only has protein in it, about 14 g, it has all the essential amino acids that are essential for our bodies to build up our muscles, bones, hair, repair of wounds, etc. It is considered a complete protein source just like the egg.
  • kmcorc
    kmcorc Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I told someone on Sunday that I just took my last "before" picture. I'm working hard on lifestyle changes -- getting more active (C25K, walking the pups on off days, and AdvoCare's Can You 24? workout series), eating "cleaner," and eating fewer calories, in general. I'm doing a 10-day cleanse right now (I am eating, I promise!), and today has been so hard because I feel so drained. But I keep reminding myself of one of my favorite quotes, "We all must suffer one of two things: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret." I'm tired of not feeling or looking as great as I know I can & giving up my progress for 1 fun night out that leads to several more days & nights of not tracking food. I'm tired of not making progress toward my half-marathon goal. Between this group, and a Commit 2 Fit group I'm participating in for the next 7 weeks, I am excited to see what happens at the end of 100 days!
  • aprilh47
    aprilh47 Posts: 250 Member
    Options

I heard it with packages of butter :happy:
    But water is more practical, after all, you don't want to eat all that butter, and it would be a shame to throw food away.

how about money in a jar. That will add up as you loose the pounds. Then buy yourself a target treat. A new outfit for your new bod.
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I am committed to this challenge to prove that i can stay strong and keep losing weight. I have lost 41 pounds since June 2nd and i can't wait to see where the number ends at the end of the year. I want to thank everyone of you for keeping me going strong. I have a long long battle ahead of me and i am only looking to see my challenge in a 10 pounds increments. The smaller number becomes an easier goal to achieve. Good luck all.