Meet and Greet

Options

Replies

• sweetaddict123
    sweetaddict123 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I think I'm joining late too, but oh well! I just made the big 40 in May. I have type II diabetes and on Lantus and Victoza. I lost 35 since April, but decided to restart my ticker to current weight. But I Would Love to get into the 150's, hopefully I can find some encouragement in here! Let's do this!
  • Can_Change_Natalie
    Options
    Hi all

I joined late but wanted to say a big hello to everyone!

My names Natalie Iv been on MFP a while I lost 20lbs last year stupidly stopped logging and gained it all back, I have now re lost 18.2 LBS and have about another 30 LBS to go.

Anyone is welcome to add me iv got back into logging daily and would love some new friends

Natalie
  • chocobis09
    chocobis09 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I think I'm joining late too, but oh well! I just made the big 40 in May. I have type II diabetes and on Lantus and Victoza. I lost 35 since April, but decided to restart my ticker to current weight. But I Would Love to get into the 150's, hopefully I can find some encouragement in here! Let's do this!

Type 2 on lantus also We can do it!
  • chocobis09
    chocobis09 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hello All!

My name is Ebonie and I lost 20 lbs last year on mfp. I didn't gain it back but struggling to lose more. Christmas is 2 weeks after my bday so that would be an awesome bday present to myself. I am the mom of one awesome toddler and I work fulltime. Better late than never!
  • Hi guys and gals. I'm also late in joining, but better late than never. I have 20 more pounds to lose, so this is perfect for me! I am a 47 year old single mother of 3 (one of which is home schooled) plus one foster and a granddaughter. We have 3 very spoiled dogs in our house. I work several jobs trying to make ends meet, so a healthy dinner at the end of the day is my most difficult challenge! Good luck to everyone!
  • RunAlyndaRun
    RunAlyndaRun Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hi y'all! Just found this group, so I'm not sure 20 by Christmas is reasonable, but I'll take what I can lose:) My name is Alynda. I"m a 43 year old wife, mother to three girls, and grandmother to the most adorable baby boy in the world. I was skinny fat the majority of my life, but the weight started sneaking its way onto me in my mid thirties then got worse after having two babies in my late thirties. I want to feel healthy and happy. I want to enjoy getting dressed in the mornings, I want to play with my kids (two youngest are 3.5 and 5 years old) and grandson.

I just want to feel and look better! Please feel free to friend me as I will be here every day:)
  • Tab122377
    Tab122377 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My name is Tabetha located in Rotterdam, NY ( by Albany, From Kauneonga Lake (grew up 5 mins from original wood stock) I am 36 i'll be 37 and 2 days old when this end. Married for 5 years and 5 days to my wonderfully supportive husband at the end of this. I have a 8 year old from my first marriage (or train wreck) I have a 4 year old who will be 5 in Nov who has Apraxia of speech. So we have spent many hours therapies and trying to understand this. Then my Halloween Baby will be 3.

My mother 2 years ago this past April after a 5 year battle with cancer. My father is a quadriplegic 8 years post accident.

After college i put weight on eating crap food cause round 1 only ate crap, and was not active. and realize was miserable then but thats water under the bridge. I got pregnant with my oldest due Feb at end Jan when my father had his accident and found ex was cheating. had baby Lost 60lbs after having baby in 6 weeks. so when put weight on prior to number 2 it will come off with the baby. realized yeah was not that easy did boot camp loved it but my schedule did not allow and then prego #3. So Last December i had to have my rings cut off so i decided thats it.

Mid January got serious started logging and going to the gym. April my father had a car accident (STRESS) feel off the gym and eatting healthy wagon. but keep in calories. My goal is to be in 130's by Christmas.

thanks for all your support
  • QuillensMom
    QuillensMom Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Joined today-rejoined the site in July. I'm 33, live in central FL, USA and have two children oldest just turned 4 and youngest is 16 months. Due with #3 Nov 7th. I'm a SAHM and do well with my plans for awhile then backslide. Joined a daily weigh in group on LCF but prefer this site overall, and trying to find a group with active members here :) I was up to 360 in June and have done great safely losing via walking and going back to writing out my menu plan each day ahead of time.

I see others included some background info...I've always been overweight and am an emotional eater. My entire family is morbidly obese as well. My mother died at 40 after being in a coma and although she had lung disease from smoking her obesity was also a factor I believe. Older members all have diabetes including my father. I just want to able to be active with my kids, and not teach them its normal to be obese. I want a real life!

Also, I gained last two times while nursing from eating carbs and sweets for overnight feedings trying to get energy. Going to try my best not to fall into that trap this time hence hoping to use this for some accountability!
  • donald149
    donald149 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Christmas talk already!! So it's that time of year where i realize i'd better hurry up and get my butt in gear. Going to wave goodbye to 20 lbs. (the same 20 lbs i was suppose to lose over summer!) Using a combination of nutrition, cardio and weights.
  • theresawinnings
    Options
    I am 58. I have decided to be serious about losing weight. I lost 5.8 lbs last week, and hoping for a good result this week. I belong to a weight support group. I am looking to lose at least 20 lbs by Christmas, and long term 100 lbs.
  • 90sFatCat
    Options
    Everyone's saying they are joining late and here I am joining September 25. Better late than never, I suppose. I'm 22, I'll be turning 23 during the challenge, though. No human children but the proud servant (they are cats, after all) of several fur babies, still in college, perpetually stressed out over everything. Planning my wedding, planning to move, lots of stuff will be going on next year. I lost 43 pounds using Lose It! two years ago, so I know I have it in me to lose the weight. I really believe joining forces with others will definitely help me lose weight. I could definitely use that kick in the butt.
  • frisco111
    frisco111 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Same here - joining late and just wanted ti say hi to everyone.I am 39 yo from Sydney, Australia. I have joined mfp in January when I have started getting in shape. I was a slim person until my 30s, when I have experienced my first weight gain. I went up to 94 kg but only for a year and managed to lose it on Atkins diet (was very popular at that time :)).I knew nothing about healthy life style. Fast forward few years and I have gained it all back and some - 105 kg. This time I have done a lot of research and I think I know what I doing. I love clean eating. Have not been feeling that well in years. First time I am joining a challenge and I hope to do well!
    Lovely to meet you all and read your stories.
    And thanks for sharing
    I will motivate and support all of you as much as I can.
    Cheers
  • ogilviegemma
    ogilviegemma Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am a mum to two year old twins and just turned 30.
    Weighing in at 186lb (my heaviest apart from when pregnant with twins lol) this week so hope to be 166 by christmas.
    Final goal would be 150ish.
  • Chelsey2016
    Chelsey2016 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Chelsey and I live in Vancouver WA. I am a 22 year old student in the process of earning my Bachelors Degree in Psychology. I am also a newlywed since July of this year. I came back to myfittnesspal to get back to my goal weight and maintaining the weight loss. It was very nice reading all of your stories and I am very excited about this challenge! :)
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I am Elaina! I lost 27 pounds pre-wedding and would love to lose 20 more (now I want to be a hot bridesmaid for my friend's wedding).

I'm really great about never gaining back what I've lost, but I always seem to get stuck. I know it's all subconscious, but from going into the 170s to 160s -- for instance -- is always a battle. I call it "breaking into another decade".

Here's to doing this together. Power in numbers!:drinker: :drinker: (okay, just kidding...less drinking people!)

Edit: I'm 5'9 at 176. ( I was 172 the other day, but I don't mind starting out high in water weight.):laugh: :tongue:
  • jennieg01
    jennieg01 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi! Jennie here. 39 years old, married with 3 kids (ages 7, 5 & 4). I've been on MFP for a while now and lost a bit of weight when I was tracking. But in the past two years I've stopped tracking and gained back some of that weight. I want to lose it again for good this time and figure out a healthier relationship with food while I'm doing this.
  • shugarsnacks
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm another late member :) . I'm 32, F, living in Chicago. I've lost a bit of weight over the last year but I definitely fell off the wagon a few months ago after an ankle injury. Now that I'm finally better I'm back in the gym and hoping I can finally reach my goal of 175 by Jan. Its an aggressive goal, but I think tracking calories and working will get me there in a couple of months.

Thanks for creating this group! Its great to have support!
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I am Mandy. I am 30 (turning 31 in 2 weeks!). Married the perfect guy for me a little over 3 years ago, and he just recently got ordained and is now the pastor at a church way out in the country. A new experience for me! I've always lived in or very near the city (Washington, DC... Norfolk, VA... Columbia, SC...). Now I've been plunked right in the middle of a farming community in rural Indiana. So far, I love it here. We'll see how I feel after winter! I managed to not gain weight through the move, and I'm hoping to continue losing through the holidays.

I joined MFP several years ago, lost 50+ pounds, then gained it back for a bunch of different reasons over the course of 2 years, logged on and found most of my friends inactive and so I deleted the account. I rejoined last year, then didn't do anything with it, and finally FINALLY got serious and recommitted in May. I've lost about 45 pounds in that time, with counting my calories and a little light exercise (mostly walking). Hubby and I have talked about trying to conceive in 2015, and I am trying to lose as much weight as I can before getting pregnant.

I am currently about 285 pounds, and really need to get a lot (more) weight off of me. 20 is a good goal, I think, for Christmas, because of all of the holiday goodies involved.
  • sheshbish
    sheshbish Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Rene. I gained the typical frosh 15 in college + some, and now, two years after the fact, want to get back to what my doctor told me was my ideal weight at my short height: 110. I definitely have a problem emotional eating, so have been trying to make some healthy swaps to fill my snack cravings with low calorie foods: strawberries, coffee with sugarfree creamer, popcorn, etc! Since getting back to uni, I've been walking around an hour every day to and from classes--want to add back in some light weights, bodyweight exercise, and running. I also need to incorporate more regular meal eating--I tend to eat very few calories early in the day and then fall straight off the bandwagon as it progresses.

I spent the last week tracking my eating on MyFitnessPal, but now it's time to make plans and stick with them! I figure even if I can lose 10 pounds by Christmas (averaging one pound a week! doable, right?) , I'll be halfway to my goal. Best of luck to all of us. I haven't had my scale come in the mail yet, but looking forward to having a productive and happy Fall! :) (OH AND PLEASE FEEL FREE TO FRIEND ME!)
  • _whatsherface
    _whatsherface Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Greetings,

My name is Michelle and I live in California. I'm 27 and am married with one adorable 1 year old boy. Looking to lose at least 20 pounds by Christmas. I would love to see 25 or 30 though. I stay motivated with a simple mindset of just, "why not?" I can either sit around do nothing and get more fat and unhealthy or I can get up and move & eat right and maybe see a change in myself. I'm an avid logger and supporter. Nice to meet everyone!! =D GL on your journey!