Bulllet Proof Coffee made Huffington Post

Options

Replies

• ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    It's good. I do coconut oil and butter. The trick is to really blend the bejeebers out of it. It gets lucious and creamy. mmmmm
  • SuninVirgo
    SuninVirgo Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it yet
  • ajax041813
    ajax041813 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I use just butter, the combo was too much for me. I use grass fed butter, 2-2.5 tbsp. per coffee. I also use a little sweet leaf sweetener and blend just a few seconds for me works great. The fats make a nice frothy foam on top, like the fats from milks used in lattes. It tastes rich, scrumptious. Try it! Its a great way to get loads of fat in the morning, or whenever, to help those ratios we need. I was nervous to try it as well, but now I want every cup of coffee like this!!!!!! LOL!
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Lmao on having to use his special coffee beans and his special oil.

The good people of Tibet, Nepal and India have been drinking yak butter tea for centuries.

Bulletproof Coffee is an adaptation of yak butter tea.

Obviously access to yak butter is scarce in California but I have been making my own butter and making butter tea since the early 90's. (. Switched from coffee after my friend from Nepal turned me on to it )
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Options
    Lmao on having to use his special coffee beans and his special oil.

The good people of Tibet, Nepal and India have been drinking yak butter tea for centuries.

Bulletproof Coffee is an adaptation of yak butter tea.

Obviously access to yak butter is scarce in California but I have been making my own butter and making butter tea since the early 90's. (. Switched from coffee after my friend from Nepal turned me on to it )

Very interesting. I didn't knew about this stuff, I might a take look at it.
  • ChoiceNotChance
    Options
    @Camo- You make your own butter??? Do you have a cow (or a yak)? You've piqued my curiosity.
  • Camo_xxx
    Options
    @Camo- You make your own butter??? Do you have a cow (or a yak)? You've piqued my curiosity.

I wish I had access to a yak ( just to be different )

Technically I have a cow. I use raw milk and since the sale of raw milk to the public is prohibited the solution is to buy a share in a cow at a co-op dairy. ( it's cheap ) You don't need raw milk. I just do it because there is a dairy close by and it is fun to go to the farm and get my glass bottles of milk.

You can use any cream or heavy whipping cream. I do think grass feed is best.

I make butter and cheese just because it is fun to do and I enjoy it. Plus it's delicious.
    ( you can make all kinds of butter, Bacon flavored for the win !!!! LoL )

Butter video
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tigXaA5W9tQ
  • Camo_xxx
    Options
    Way off topic and maybe I should start a separate cheese thread but here is a fun mozzarella cheese video you can make while camping !!!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=085BfdJBKcI

Plenty of other mozzarella vids on you tube but this one shows just how simple it is.
  • ChoiceNotChance
    Options
    Ooo, bacon butter. What could be better!!
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Ooo, bacon butter. What could be better!!

Bacon butter melted on top of my steak....that would be better.
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    my daughter enjoys butter tea also. I have made my own butter, and love doing it....its so so easy. Hardest part is getting out all the water after the rinse cycle. I will definitely check out the cheese. I just got some rennet...I just don't have time right now, being home only on weekends.
  • mrsfancyab
    mrsfancyab Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    bacon butter = magical words
  • tchave01
    tchave01 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I made bullet proof coffee not too long ago because I had ran out of my traditional heavy whipping cream. It was delicious, but I don't make it a regular habit because it's too loud to run the blender when I get up at 4am. I've heard though that it should be used to replace a meal but I didn't do that--still ate breakfast because I was hungry!
  • mrsfancyab
    mrsfancyab Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I made bullet proof coffee not too long ago because I had ran out of my traditional heavy whipping cream. It was delicious, but I don't make it a regular habit because it's too loud to run the blender when I get up at 4am. I've heard though that it should be used to replace a meal but I didn't do that--still ate breakfast because I was hungry!

do you just blend the butter in as well?
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options

I use a milk frother I got from Amazon....looks like this:

21U-P65hj9L._SL160_.jpg

It's quiet & the only issue I had at first was not causing a whirlpool & whipping the coffee OUT of the cup and alllllll over the counter. Admittedly, DH still hasn't gotten the hang of it & prefers to use the magic bullet instead.

Even with the milk frother, you have to whip the hell out of it & if you're a coffee sipper like I am, you may need to hit it again.
    It's battery operated & sits on me counter :wink:
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    I drink coconut oil in my coffee. Butter is YUCK in coffee, IMO. Tried that and ummmm no. But I do put butter in broth along with cream and that is yummy. Weirdly enough. Apparently I can be weirder...

I prefer to call it Kevlar coffee, as Bulletproof Coffee is a brand name and I just have to be ornery like that.

One day, I'm getting a milk goat. I really don't feel like fooling with a cow. Those turds bust down fences too much.
  • baconslave
    Options
    bacon butter = magical words

foodgasm...
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    It's a regular morning staple for me.
    I use a milk frother I got from Amazon....looks like this:

21U-P65hj9L._SL160_.jpg

If you have an IKEA near you, they make a clone of that called "PRODUKT" which is only like three bucks. I use it at work where there's no blender.
  • PatchEFog
    PatchEFog Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    ...I prefer to call it Kevlar coffee, as Bulletproof Coffee is a brand name and I just have to be ornery like that. ...
    Technically, Kevlar is a brand name too. LOL

We've been seriously considering a Dexter cow and a few pigs.
  • baconslave
    Options
    ...I prefer to call it Kevlar coffee, as Bulletproof Coffee is a brand name and I just have to be ornery like that. ...
    Technically, Kevlar is a brand name too. LOL

oh bah! Why you got to go bursting my silly deliberate delusions? :tongue:
    We've been seriously considering a Dexter cow and a few pigs.

More Pigs... More baaaaacon!