Bulllet Proof Coffee made Huffington Post

Options
2»

Replies

• Jeanwf
    Jeanwf Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I tried this at the weekend. Must say I was very dubious and the thought of all that fat made me feel queasy BUT I did try it and I was very surprised how nice it was. Only problem was it gave me acid reflux all day so anything I ate or drank was painful! Oh well maybe try it again but with less fat next time. Anyone else experienced this?
  • kamaperry
    kamaperry Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Love my BPC!
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Over the past few weeks I've started eating LCHF and trying to get into a Keto lifestyle. Part of that has been drinking my hybrid BPC each morning. I add coconut oil, butter and/or heavy cream. Two cups in the morning gives me about 300- 450 calories, replaces breakfast and helps me stay full until lunch time. I believe it also helps me curb my carb/sugar cravings, which has helped me better manage my calorie intake.

I love it, but I did start out with just a little butter and oil and was lucky enough to find out from go that it has to be really, really well blended...and best drunk while still hot!
  • ScottLynn98
    ScottLynn98 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have to warn others after the mistakes I've made attempting to make BPC:

Be careful if trying to use a Bullet type blender. After adding the coffee and coconut oil and butter I screwed on the bottom and about the time I turned it over to set it in the base, pressure blew the bottom off and coffee, etc. went everywhere. What a mess, down the cabinet doors, front and back and even into a drawer but I cleaned it all up. I was sure I knew what I had done wrong and tried again. This time I was able to start the blending before the bottom popped off and another mess was made... Skip it today.

That was yesterday. Today I got out our traditional blender and put in the butter, spooned in some coconut oil and added 24 oz. of coffee for 2 cups at once. I put the top on and held it tight and started out on low speed. To my surprise it bucked and jumped and pretty much exploded and coffee went everywhere yet again. I discovered I had left the spoon in to rinse off all the coconut oil and it had blown out the side of the glass container. Skip it again today.

It's great coffee and really gives me a boost. Just learn from my mistakes and be careful... :) We're going to buy a new blender Wednesday evening so Thursday I'm hopeful I'll get to actually DRINK some BPC.
  • mrsfancyab
    mrsfancyab Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have to warn others after the mistakes I've made attempting to make BPC:

Be careful if trying to use a Bullet type blender. After adding the coffee and coconut oil and butter I screwed on the bottom and about the time I turned it over to set it in the base, pressure blew the bottom off and coffee, etc. went everywhere. What a mess, down the cabinet doors, front and back and even into a drawer but I cleaned it all up. I was sure I knew what I had done wrong and tried again. This time I was able to start the blending before the bottom popped off and another mess was made... Skip it today.

That was yesterday. Today I got out our traditional blender and put in the butter, spooned in some coconut oil and added 24 oz. of coffee for 2 cups at once. I put the top on and held it tight and started out on low speed. To my surprise it bucked and jumped and pretty much exploded and coffee went everywhere yet again. I discovered I had left the spoon in to rinse off all the coconut oil and it had blown out the side of the glass container. Skip it again today.

It's great coffee and really gives me a boost. Just learn from my mistakes and be careful... :) We're going to buy a new blender Wednesday evening so Thursday I'm hopeful I'll get to actually DRINK some BPC.

OH GOODNESS! Thanks for sharing, will definitely try to avoid these messes!!
  • mrsfancyab
    mrsfancyab Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    wo cups in the morning gives me about 300- 450 calories, replaces breakfast and helps me stay full until lunch time. I believe it also helps me curb my carb/sugar cravings, which has helped me better manage my calorie intake.

that's a good idea to replace breakfast, because i usually never have time in the morning and end up grabbing turkey slices & cheese.
  • shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend makes me a black coffee with the pod machine every morning (yes, he's a legend). After I get out of the shower I dump it into a glass jug, add 15g butter and 15g coconut oil. Blend it with a stick blender (one of these things http://www.target.com.au//p/stick-blender-tarhb4-s/P55000727?utm_term=P55000727&utm_content=stick-blender-tarhb4-s&utm_source=google&utm_medium=merchant-site&utm_campaign=merchant-site&kpid=55000727&gclid=CPaw65CdjcECFZMrvQodH34AUA). I take this with me in a take away cup, and I don't get hungry til lunch time.

Do NOT blend it in a "sealed" type blender, the heat of the coffee will make it explode everywhere and you could get badly burned.