September- New things!!

Options
So one added thing to this challenge is trying 5 new activities over the course of the 100 days. I will be posting a discussion board each month, in case you are doing it that way (1 new thing per month)

This weekend I will be attempting a 5k Obstacle Race.. Alone! Of course it was not planned that way but my friend backed out and I still want to go! The no refund policy is also a huge motivator haha

Anyhow, I'm terrified but excited at the same time! Anyone else do something out of their comfort zone this month?

Replies

• rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Saturday I'm running as part of a marathon relay team, for ...FUN... I', usually super competitive so this more laid back event with others is very out of my comfort zone... I'm excited!
  • ivygirl1937
    ivygirl1937 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    For the next 7 weeks, we are doing a challenge at work where we are part of a 7 person group and we have 7 fitness activities that we have to complete per week, plus we also get more credit for doing general cardio. it's going to be very interesting, for sure! I'm very much a solo-type exerciser but we'll see how this goes!
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I'm going to a kettlebell class tonight. I wanted my sister to join me, but she couldn't.
    And Saturday, I'm going to go jogging outside for the first time. I've jogged a couple of times on my bosu, because it's easier on my knees, but I want to see how long it takes me to run 3 miles, and then I can have more accurate information on how long it takes me to run 3 miles.
  • mmalo446
    mmalo446 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow I am dragging my lazy butt out of bed to go to Yoga (never done Yoga in my life) at 6:30am, I think the best part will be that I'm dragging my husband with me.
  • Curlychip
    Curlychip Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I have just started cross fit :smile: In pain.... :laugh:
  • hawkeyegal1995
    hawkeyegal1995 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Adding in a session of yoga once a week to my morning routine.
  • caitastic24
    caitastic24 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Today I tried husk cherries for the first time. Very interesting flavor haha
  • sbjmorgan
    sbjmorgan Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a squat challenge and using a heart rate monitor, those are new. I was getting too obsessive with the fitbit...
  • everydamnday
    everydamnday Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I joined to healthplex & started swimming that was my new thing for Sept! :-) it's been amazing I forgot how much I use to love it when I was younger! My Oct goal is to plan my meals out a week prior hopefully this will help me hit my protein goals, without scrambling to get it all in and I'm starting a new lifting program just to switch things up a bit.

Hope everyone is doing great :-) feel free to add me I log every bite, every day tomorrow will be day 10! ????
  • alligatorrawr
    alligatorrawr Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    tomorrow I am going for a 31 mile bike ride!! I think the most I have ever done was in the 20's and that's when I was 18! next sunday the goal is to go hiking with 3 dogs! (I've gone hiking and I've climbed mountains but 3 dogs is going to be a challenge! especially if I have to carry my tripawd hahaha)
  • alligatorrawr
    alligatorrawr Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow I am dragging my lazy butt out of bed to go to Yoga (never done Yoga in my life) at 6:30am, I think the best part will be that I'm dragging my husband with me.

yoga is the best!! I mean I HATE actual yoga it's so akward and everything but the way you feel after is the best! good for you and have fun! (try not to laugh too hard it makes people mad :( )
  • jdhcm2006
    Options
    I just went running for the first time today. I was able to do almost 4 miles in 42 minutes.
  • tehmurphygrace
    Options
    I went jogging today for the first time in over a year. I would have definitely been eaten by a zombie if this were the apocalypse, but I jogged. Some intermittent walking. I felt like I was back in middle school and 270 pounds again. LOL, but I jogged.
  • caitastic24
    Options
    I just went running for the first time today. I was able to do almost 4 miles in 42 minutes.

That's a decent time. Good job!!
  • caitastic24
    Options
    I went jogging today for the first time in over a year. I would have definitely been eaten by a zombie if this were the apocalypse, but I jogged. Some intermittent walking. I felt like I was back in middle school and 270 pounds again. LOL, but I jogged.

Hahaha. There's this Halloween themed race coming up in my area where 'zombies' actually run after you. Lmao I am too slow for that currently..plus it sounds slightly terrifying area
  • tehmurphygrace
    Options

Hahaha. There's this Halloween themed race coming up in my area where 'zombies' actually run after you. Lmao I am too slow for that currently..plus it sounds slightly terrifying area

Oh dude, that sounds awesome!
  • caitastic24
    Options
    Blahhhh. So I missed the obstacle race on Saturday..not intentionally!! There was an accident and the traffic was insane. I didn't make it in time :-(

However, I did try something new today! It was some kind of indoor bike but you can pedal with your feet and hands haha It made me sweat !!
  • jdhcm2006
    Options

Thanks! I also started doing using a foam roller for the first time this month. It's a nice way to work out kinks and sore muscles. But it can hurt sometimes.
  • caitastic24
    Options

Thanks! I also started doing using a foam roller for the first time this month. It's a nice way to work out kinks and sore muscles. But it can hurt sometimes.

Ohhh do I hear that! I have to use it ever since I got injured. It helps overall but can be suuuper painful