Soft foods required

Options
Delicate
Delicate Posts: 625 Member
I usually eat quite a bit of salad/crunch veg with meat, but at the moment I have a really sore throat and swollen glands. (awaiting result of glandular fever test)

Its getting rather hard to not choose the buns/cakes etc due to them usually being soft and easy to swallow.

A wee bit stuck food wise, as when i eat, i chew... alot, but chewing is literally hurting cause the sore throat, but most soup recipes require legumes (which I don't like) or just aren't appetising

Please inspire me :( to actually want to eat rather than go through the motions just to get calories

Replies

• FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    Whey protein isolate with heavy cream and water. It's not "food" exactly but it will be easy to get down with a sore throat and will provide some of the nutrients you need. Soft cooked eggs are also good. Bulletproof coffee or bulletproof stock (add butter/coconut oil to either one). That will be soothing, thanks to the heat, and get some calories in.

I would avoid veggies (hard to chew/swallow) and meat, unless you're willing to purée both into a paste and slurp it down.
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    To be honest wouldnt of even thought about protein powder

although would be whipped/single/double cream here, we dont have heavy

Thank you, eating seems like a choir atm food isnt meant to be that!
  • Want2BeBetter
    Want2BeBetter Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I recently had a wisdom tooth out and sugar free snow pudding with flavour of choice and low carb creme brulee are pretty good. Those are sweet options though. I had avocado and cottage cheese, though you could use cream cheese for less carbs.
  • ea101367
    ea101367 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Chicken soup broth, chicken, any veggie you like ( celery, broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus etc) made into soup.
    The veggies will soften and you can put it in a blender if you want to make a cream of.... soup.