Muscle Twitches

Options
I have been having some muscle twitches all over in my back when I wake up in the morning. No cramps or pain, just annoying...constant...twitching! I THINK I am supposed to up my magnesium. Is this correct? I read it is an electrolyte issue. PLUS drink more water. I am drinking a lot but not reaching 90 oz by a long shot. I am in the bathroom 1-2 times an hour as it is!!! Ugh...but I know it is important and I will keep drinking water.
So my question is:
If I:
1. Take magnesium
2. Continue drinking tons of water
will this get rid of the twitches?

Thank you for your advice!

Replies

• Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Options
    Magnesium and get light salt for pottassium.
  • middleagedmeh
    middleagedmeh Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Never had muscle twitches but I had weird heart thumping at night. Made sure I drank some broth every evening for a few days and it went away.
    I don't seem to need it anymore.
    Not sure if it is relevant but there it is.

Good luck.
  • PrettyBull
    Options
    Thank you for the advice! I will try the broth and the magnesium and light salt.
    Appreciate it!
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    B vitamins too. They're good for muscle twitching too. There is a benign muscle twitching syndrome. It's called Benign Fasciculation Syndrome.
  • judiness101
    judiness101 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    For me the magnesium did the trick. Also research the type of magnesium, at first I bought the cheapest kind (magnesium oxide) and the cramps were diminished but not gone. Since I mioved on to a higher quality magnesium it got rid of the cramps (and the constipation).