dward59
dward59 Posts: 731 Member
Your Moderators:

m23prime - Mark

dward59 - Dan

808malia - Malia

emmerin78 - Tara

Dramatis Personae:

leannabseven - LeAnna (requested this thread)

incredibleshrinkingjackie - Jackie

PaulaKro - Paula

Canuname - Russ

Etherlily1 - Maelynn

SmacVicar86 - Sarah

(Sadly, my mind has gone blank. If you want to play, chime in!)

Replies

• PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,747 Member
    Dan, you're gonna kick yourself...

Some more major players - Some blasts from the past - Some personal friends:

Crody44 - Chuck

Gnawcraft - Pidge

P1zyn1xy - Pixy or Nixy

Wolfmother61 - Debbie

Singularity84 - Jennifer

Just_Jess7 - Jess (?)

Crystallee145 - Crystal

Batman75 - Andrew

lcoza87 - Vanessa

Wink72 - Angela

therejohn - Theresa

Vickidlovelace - Vickie (?)

ChrisTina_Fish - Tina

Pawoodhull - Pat

Rosepet199 - Nichole

kjs1228 - Karen

mdgivens - Mike

Ignaura - (?)

HLaR79 - Holly
  • m23prime
    m23prime Posts: 358 Member
    And the 400+ Silent Sams and Sallys who join up and disappear without a trace...

meh.

Their loss.

WE are lovely people. :bigsmile:
  • m23prime
    "LL1C+" ooooo...I LIKE the new brand!
  • dward59

Being a fellow geek, you would!

Paula, you are so right! Best Homer Simpson voice, "DOAH!!!"
  • emmerin78
    emmerin78 Posts: 311 Member

Being a fellow geek, you would!

Paula, you are so right! Best Homer Simpson voice, "DOAH!!!"

Speaking of which, how sad is it that it took me the better part of 10 seconds to figure out the "rebranding" :P? Lol.
  • even sadder, i still can't figure out where the C comes from in LL1C+.
  • m23prime
    "C" is the Roman numeral for hundred. :smile:
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,747 Member
    Translated from Latin to English, LL1C+ = LL100+
  • dward59
    Translated from Latin to English, LL1C+ = LL100+

Fully removing the acronym and expanding the phrase LL1C+ translates to:

Let's Lose 100+

How far from the point of this thread can we wind? :laugh:

Do we need to start an acronym thread? WWm23D?
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Maybe you all have room for 1 more as well

- Holly :)
  • dward59

Always room for more in this group! I've added you to the upper level lists.

Welcome!

Dan
  • GisellaWinchester
    GisellaWinchester Posts: 11 Member
    New just wanna say Hi and nice to meet everyone.
  • HLaR79
    Thanks Dan!!
  • persistentsoul
    persistentsoul Posts: 268 Member
    Hello, I am Laura, have come to join in. I reached 322 lb not so long ago which was a new high for me. I have numerouse health issues, none that will kill me any time soon but they do make life challenging. i have had a bad habbit of feeling sorry for myself and using food for comfort or self medication. Anyway while searching for my holly grail which is a way to control treatment resistant rapid cycling bipolar, I came across some articles sugesting a Ketogenic food plan could help. I was desperate enough to look in to it and sounded interesting and apparently has been used to treat several of my other issues so I got on and started it.
    I have lost 29lb so far and think there have been some improvements in my mood swings part of bipolar. It just feels a bit milder and that is a big plus for me because medications never helped at all and made things worse. I feel much better doing something more natural. My doctor approved not taking meds because they made me so unwell and did nothing to help bipolar. My food cravings have gone and am not constantly hungry. That is amazing and gives me the fighting chance I need to stick with it. I feel good about eating whole foods and don't miss the processed stuff really. I won't obsess over it. But I am taking this change seriously and viewing it as a life thing and not a temporary diet. I want to be well in mind and body. I feel really good about doing something productive to help myself. I hate it when i get stuck in victim mentality so it is nice to feel I am taking steps to help myself that are actually working.
    I like this site, I appear to have joined it years ago but never used the forum that time and dont think I really used the site. I am making good use of it now though. I like finding people on similar journeys so have been looking for groups of larger weight loss goal people. I joined "100+" and also" for the morbidly obese", both are quiet. I just found this group so now i have 3, this group is maybe not busy either, shame cant combine the 3groups in to one group. Still I will use all 3 i think.
  • leannabseven
    leannabseven Posts: 395 Member
    Hello, I am Laura, have come to join in. I reached 322 lb not so long ago which was a new high for me. I have numerouse health issues, none that will kill me any time soon but they do make life challenging. i have had a bad habbit of feeling sorry for myself and using food for comfort or self medication. Anyway while searching for my holly grail which is a way to control treatment resistant rapid cycling bipolar, I came across some articles sugesting a Ketogenic food plan could help. I was desperate enough to look in to it and sounded interesting and apparently has been used to treat several of my other issues so I got on and started it.
    I have lost 29lb so far and think there have been some improvements in my mood swings part of bipolar. It just feels a bit milder and that is a big plus for me because medications never helped at all and made things worse. I feel much better doing something more natural. My doctor approved not taking meds because they made me so unwell and did nothing to help bipolar. My food cravings have gone and am not constantly hungry. That is amazing and gives me the fighting chance I need to stick with it. I feel good about eating whole foods and don't miss the processed stuff really. I won't obsess over it. But I am taking this change seriously and viewing it as a life thing and not a temporary diet. I want to be well in mind and body. I feel really good about doing something productive to help myself. I hate it when i get stuck in victim mentality so it is nice to feel I am taking steps to help myself that are actually working.
    I like this site, I appear to have joined it years ago but never used the forum that time and dont think I really used the site. I am making good use of it now though. I like finding people on similar journeys so have been looking for groups of larger weight loss goal people. I joined "100+" and also" for the morbidly obese", both are quiet. I just found this group so now i have 3, this group is maybe not busy either, shame cant combine the 3groups in to one group. Still I will use all 3 i think.

It's nice to meet you and welcome to the group. It sounds like you are really motivated to addressing your issues in a proactive manner, and good for you!
    This is a good group. Right now it's going through a quieter phase, perhaps with the end of a season and the start of a school year? I do hope it picks back up because there are some amazing people in this group who are making some amazing accomplishments in their journey.
    Jump in anywhere!
    LeAnna
  • leannabseven
    New just wanna say Hi and nice to meet everyone.

Hi, Gisella. I guessed your name, but I'm feeling lucky! :)

Welcome to the group!

LeAnna
  • leannabseven

Holly, I neglected to say hello to you, I'm sorry. Hello!! Welcome to the group!
  • HLaR79
    It's so good to be back!
  • emmerin78
    emmerin78 Posts: 311 Member
    Welcome back, Holly! And hello and welcome to Laura and Gisella! This is a great group, and we tend to be more chatty than some of the other boards I belong to (although Leanna's right...it's been quieter here of late). We're glad you're here and look forward to supporting you on your journeys :)
  • sdejoh
    sdejoh Posts: 1 Member
    glad to see you here because I just joined today and most post I've seen have already lost over a hundred. I truly desire to lose that much weight. Had the gastric sleeve in 2012 and only lost about 50lbs. I am at 261 so if I can lose at least 100 it will be a dream come true.