how will keto affect health screening?

Options
Hi everyone,
I started a keto diet about 2 weeks ago, and all has been going well for me. Today I fond out that I have a biometric screening for my employer in 10 days. I was wondering if anyone has had to take any test assessments while on keto. I will be tested for good and bad cholesterol and Blood sugar, amongst other things but these two are my main concern. I was thinking about throwing my self out of keto a few days prior and eating a normal macro ratio until after the screening. Is this necessary or am I just over thinking things. Any thoughts or experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Replies

• clobercow
    clobercow Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    A couple of days will not drastically change anything if you do switch.

As for the screening, I would opt out entirely. No company needs to know my health details.
  • Losingamy
    Losingamy Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I've been keto for 5 months and I too have a screening such as this. I'm more curious to find out my numbers compared to the ones from two years ago. I'm not fretting since it doesn't have any effect on my health insurance premiums.
  • WestieGoneNorth
    WestieGoneNorth Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I was very curious about this as well. I do not have to do a screening but I was wondering for personal reasons just to see how everything has changed if at all. Could someone please post a follow up with general detailed results for those of us that are curious?