Starting BR today 9/28

Options
I did this program last year, and I want to do it again. I decided today might as well be the day. I never made it past the 6th week so I'm determined to get to the 12th week. If anyone one else is thinking of starting please let me know, we can share results and the struggle!

I am thinking of adding running 3-4 times a week as well since I have been trying to become a better runner (I used to hate it) I can breeze through 3 miles, but my endurance isn't great and I'm hoping the strength from these videos will really help.

Replies

• LilMissTucknRoll
    LilMissTucknRoll Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I just started today. Would love to share struggles and results!
  • LilMissTucknRoll
    Options
    Also, I am trying to start running, but I was never a runner before. I tried to start running for a few weeks a couple months ago and got shin splints so I am doing it very slowly now.
  • chrise2
    chrise2 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Today is day three in phase 1 for me. We can do this.
  • AZ0310
    AZ0310 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I did this program last spring and am going to do a modified version starting today. I'm planning to just do one phase per week along with my four days of running, and dropping the cardio DVDs. I just finished ChaLean Extreme and wanted to do something different for a few weeks before starting that one over. I'm in much better shape this time around and using heavier weights. I'll probably still have to modify plyo moves, as I need to be careful with my knees. I may keep up with piyo a couple of days as well for the flexibility.

This is a really great program.
  • AZ0310
    AZ0310 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Also, I am trying to start running, but I was never a runner before. I tried to start running for a few weeks a couple months ago and got shin splints so I am doing it very slowly now.

I found that going slow really helps avoid shin splints, and having good shoes made a huge difference as well. I'm a life-long non-runner, but now love it. I'm super slow, but I'm moving and it feels great. Good luck with your running!
  • karrindrwd
    karrindrwd Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    If you start by mixing running and walking, or jogging and walking, until your legs become stronger it really helps! I over came mine and I don't get them anymore. They're caused from underdeveloped calf muscles. Another option, take a ballet class while you're starting to hit the pavement. It really works all the muscles in your legs/calves and keeps you limber! Plus, it can be a lot of fun.

I'd love to keep everyone updated on my progress and hear about yours too for BR or running :) Or both! I just (literally in front of a fan now haha) finished workout 2 for week 1. It was harder than I remembered, but I think it's because I tried not to stop and pushed myself. I'm going to be posting pics at the end of either week 1 or 2...not sure yet.

Feel free to add me and keep me posted about how your workouts are going.
  • LilMissTucknRoll
    Options
    Thanks for the tips on running guys! I think I will be doing that instead of the cardio for this program because I really liked how I felt doing it last time. You know, before it felt like my legs would break, lol. Anyway, I am doing run 1 min walk 2 min cycles for now and it feels pretty good. Next week it will be run 1 walk 1 cycles.

I just finished Workout 1 for phase 1 and I have to say, I love the Warrior II pose, but really hate the chair squats with anterior raises. There's just something about my shoulders working that is a problem for me.

What are your favorite and least favorite parts of the workouts?
  • LilMissTucknRoll
    Options
    So, my car wouldn't start when I picked my son up from school. So much for working out today. :(
  • sunshinegirlnm
    sunshinegirlnm Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I'm in with you guys but will be doing a modified schedule due to a Pilates class commitment on Tues and a Barre class commitment on Fridays. I also intend to add Couch to 5K on the days I do JMBR. My plan is to take one day a week off ideally.....

So this is my first week. Loved today's workout! Wish my calorie burn per HRM was higher....
  • sunshinegirlnm
    sunshinegirlnm Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Day 2 170 calories per HRM

This one made me tired!