September Chat

Options
2»

Replies

• Claud1313
    Claud1313 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Grandchildren stories are so uplifting. They have a knack to make us smile.
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Tressa, great accomplishment! You rock!
  • jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I have a confession...I have been pigging out for two days at a family party weekend...... I dare not get weighed and will be back on track tomorrow......not optimistic for Wednesday - but had a wonderful weekend ...... :bigsmile:

Jean
  • grandmothercharlie
    Options
    Confession is good for the soul, they say. I think it is good for weight loss, too. Lying about food intake only hurts ourselves. I know you are right back on track. You have the best weekends!
  • 53welshlady
    53welshlady Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Confession here as well - I have relaxed too much now that I can fit into all my very small clothes, although I still want to lose more "fat". I have been drinking more wine - my biggest failing - and need to jump off the slippery slope. After not having any for about 4 months, I started have a glass or three twice a week. I know not a lot really but it does inhibit my weight loss, which is why my scales are staying the same.

So have decided not to have any until my birthday next month. I seem to be an all or nothing person with wine, and am totally unable to have just one glass. Everything else - food and exercise is great - so there is no point in working so hard and not getting the results I want just for the sake of a few glasses of wine!!

There -confession done.
  • hayleyandpaigesgrandma
    Options
    Love the grandchildren stories.

Marian, how was your trip to NOTL? My favourite spot is the Christmas store. Unfortunately I can spend a small fortune. LOL

Good luck to everyone. We are hoping to be able to close up the trailer this weekend. It all depends on the weather though.
  • Wooken3
    Wooken3 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    578577_10151367952918191_321810452_n.jpg?oh=06b7afa6ebebb92c21f16212eed76060&oe=54CA26E2&__gda__=1422700550_0bb6f4169790129f9ba51e556e67c080
    (photo credit: Inspiration For Mind Body)

Here's an image of a very smart girl's school science project to show the amount of hidden sugars in various drinks. If only all of our kids knew that high sugar intake is a contributing factor to weight gain and a host of health issues such as heart disease and diabetes. Sure hope she got an A – she deserves it!

(Sorry...couldn't figure out how to make the photo smaller, but to see the whole thing... right click on the photo and open in a new window)
  • Wooken3
    Wooken3 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Ahoy, Swabbies!!

t3813.gif
    Happy Talk Like a Pirate Day! Be sure ye Talks th' talk n' Walks th' walk, me hearties, n' have yerselves a SWASHBUCKLING day!! Rum all 'round!!
  • grandmothercharlie
    Options
    Love the sugar/drink display! Wow. Really brings it home.

AAARrrgggghhhh....
  • grandmothercharlie
    Options
    Wish my friends here at 60+ lived closer! I have an extra ticket to a production of Neil Simon's "California Suite" this evening! Everyone is out-of-town, recovering from surgery, or involved in a church program. Oh well. I'll have a wonderful evening just myself, but shame to waste the ticket. Just trying to figure out how I leave work, get to workout. Get showered. Get dinner. Get to play. I'm getting ready to walk now for lunchtime. I might have to make that my one and only workout!

Anyone who wants to hop a plane or train and get to Columbus by 7:30, let me know! :laugh:
  • jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Lovely weekend visit from my son David and his girlfriend Meshi.......they came bearing gifts of wine and chocolates and offering to cook for us.........I shared the wine and chocs with them and am now raring to get back on track tomorrow........

I seem to be saying that a lot recently....:bigsmile:

Jean

Shiver me timbers!:tongue:
  • bvifun
    bvifun Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I seem to have been hiding from this group lately and I am not sure why. My maintenance has been going fine but it IS different than the weight loss phase. It is more of a balancing act including losing and gaining in small amounts. About 2 months ago I was able to start walking a lot more and that just kept increasing. It was wonderful to find out again that I enjoy walking and being outside. Also our remaining dog is such a pleasure to walk with....easy as anything. This is the best my health has been in in several years and I was enjoying it. An upward spiral then started. I started sleeping better and then felt more like doing things so did more and slept better etc etc. Near the end of August I started in doing weight bearing arm exercises. Yay! All going great. :bigsmile:

This came to a crashing halt on Saturday....literally. Simple twisted my ankle on uneven pavement and down I went as I heard a snap in my foot. %#%?!?%#. :explode: Off to the ortho and had a pretty purple cast put on. Oh I am still getting arm exercises.....the crutches ensure that. Plus I have added some weight exercises for my arms. Certainly one leg will still be strong but the other is of course withering away inside that cast. Sigh. I hope I will get a walking cast on Saturday but I don't think that will be the time for any hiking trips.

This is the hottest time of the year here and I notice it more when I am just lying around all the time. And I cannot get into the water to cool off! Just when my dog and I were spending more time at the beach and I had my new bathing suits!

As for the number on the scales......ummmmm. Maybe next week I will be able to get back on and estimate what the cast weighs.

The good news........I have 30+ pounds less to hop around on these crutches than I did last year. :noway:

Wanda
  • bvifun
    Options
    So I went to the ortho on Saturday and he gave me an ugly boot to put over my cast. I am disappointed to find out that I can only put the slightest weight on that leg. Still it makes balancing a lot easier. I was not doing so well trying to stand on one leg for any amount of time.

In 2 weeks we will be flying to Ohio via Nashville and Pittsburg. DH on a business trip and I am going along to see some friends. I've got my Dr.'s letter ready for the TSA.:smile:
  • Claud1313
    Claud1313 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    BV, I hope the air pressure won't be a problem for you when you are flying. I feel for you with your broken foot.

You are brave to use the crutches. Your balance is much better than you imagine. I was so wobbly with the crutches that I (almost) immediately switched to a walker and hopped around with that while I was in the cast and then with the boot. I found that the boot jacked up my knees due to the boot being higher than the other shoe.

Safe travels,

Claudine
  • grandmothercharlie
    Options
    Ohio, BV. Going to be near me in Columbus?
  • jbouthiette
    jbouthiette Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Good morning all,

This is going to be an interesting week for me... I am going on a business trip for 3 days for the first time in about 9 months. Early morning travel, two and a half days of meetings and then traveling home. It will be interesting to see how I manage to stick to my plan, however I will be giving it my best shot! :smile:

Exercise if going to be the most difficult part, as meetings will run from 8:00 am until 10:00 pm, hopefully the hotel will have a good treadmill so I can get a few miles in either late night or early morning. :tongue:

Wish me luck!

- JB
  • bvifun
    Options
    Good luck JB. I'm sure you will find a way to work things out. Are all your meetings in one location or can you get some walking in?

Thank you Claudine for your good wishes. On the plus side, the customer service rep at Delta did her best to give me leg room seats at no extra charge so DH benefits too.

Oh Charlie, it would have been great to have a chance to meet but I will be in Akron. Not so very close. :cry: