Shins and dead lifts.

Options
My shins are pretty beat up from todays dead lifts. I try to lift with the bar close to my shins without rubbing too much but the heavier I go the worse it gets.

I dont even feel it while Im lifting.

Is this a bad thing or something I should try to correct or should I just get some longer socks and live with it?

Replies

• dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    I use long socks (knee high) with thin plastic (one liter soda bottle cut in half) inside. Keeps the blood off the bar.:wink:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Its just part of doing deads unfortunately. I pull wearing either long sox or yoga pants. Long sox may be the better of the two for you :tongue: You can also look into deadlifting sox - they have some padding. Some people also use knee sleeves - I do not like using them though as they catch the bar when I pull, especially on the descent.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Thanks you two. I was just making sure it was something that was normal and wasnt something I should change my form to avoid. I am happy with how the lift is going otherwise. :drinker:
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Nah - if your shins are getting beat up, you probably have good form. It means you (probably) aren't leaning too far forward. As for me, I just wear a pair of knee-high dress socks. Works for the most part. Still a little bruising sometimes, but no scraping.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    Long soccer socks
  • _benjammin
    _benjammin Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    I haven't had bloody shins since I started wearing ****ies Steel Toe Shin Protector socks:

0073789956205_500X500.jpg
  • _benjammin
    _benjammin Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    Silly filter.
    D
    i
    c
    k
    i
    e
    s
    212019156 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    My shins bleed sometimes. Sometimes I wear sweats when dead-lifting to alleviate this.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    rockgouards-web2_1024x1024.jpg?v=1411481719
  • n3ver3nder
    n3ver3nder Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I've got some sexy knee length argyle socks, they don't need to be special deadlift socks if you don't want to spend.