Strange weight vs size

Options
Sorry that I haven't been a very active member for the past 6 or 7 months. I admit that I have rotated some diets, cheated at times but Atkins normally works best because it keeps my cravings down the best with the high fat low carb route.

Something strange has happened over the past few years.

My highest weight was about 14-20 pounds from where I am now (it fluctuates). Yes, my bmi usually runs about 43 to 40.
I've recently realized I've lost several sizes. I could understand if I were at goal weight but 20 pounds on a big girl like me shouldn't change my sizes so drastically.

I went from a size 24 to 18 without much weight loss. At first I thought the sizing changed again, but these were close that I couldn't even pull up years ago and also, I went shopping for new pants and yes, I always fit in the 18's everywhere.

This has been a battle for at least 4 years. I remember last year I was shocked when I was able to buy size 20's. I didn't know how it happened. Now, a year later, I'm an 18!

I've felt like such a failure as my weight has not changed much over the years. I will admit, I don't exercise regularly. I go in spurts usually just about a month out of the year if I combine my being good! :)

I just wanted to share that just trying (and prayer) seems to be working even if it has no rhyme or reason and the scale doesn't really move and I'm slimming down at a snails pace.

I'm hoping it's possible that next year I can be a 16.

The ONLY big change that I've done for the past few years is that I rarely drink soda and I do drink lots of black and green teas.

The only thing that I can attribute to this bizarre happening is that my muscles have been getting a work out by carrying my own huge weight around daily!

Any thoughts?

Replies

• tunesntea
    Options
    I had forgotten to add, the last time I was this size I was 25 to 50 pounds lighter.
  • Sami2250
    Options
    I've found the same. I've only lost 4.6 kgs, about 10lbs, but I've lost 12.5 cm (5inches) off my waist. I've gone from a size 22 pant to an 18. strange but im getting smaller lol :-)
  • jmarton1977
    jmarton1977 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Remember that muscle is denser than fat, so it does make sense that you'd be shrinking and still losing fat (and size) but the scale isn't changing that much. Like you all I'm a heavy girl - 212 this morning but I'm in a size 16. I have a lot of muscle in my legs, which accounts for a lot of that weight. At my lowest I was 154 and in a size 10, and hoping to get back there. My size 10 is others' size 2 and I'm okay with that :)

Keep going - slow change is good change!
  • marichairs
    marichairs Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Lucky girls!! Ive only gone down one pant size i was a 26 and right now 24 fits loosely but 22 is too tight but Im apple shaped i carry my weight in my belly.
  • tunesntea
    Options
    I guess it just goes to show that there was a lot of wasted anxiety over the scale number not moving.