Leslie Sansone October 2014 Walk Challenge

Options
texasgardnr
texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
WELCOME to all walkers! It is nearly October, and time to be thinking about a new monthly challenge! Brisk weather is around the corner for many of us, although there are still those of us still experiencing hot or warm weather :glasses: , depending on where one lives. Having Leslie's or other walking DVDs to pop in the player continues to be a great alternative to walking outdoors.

This group is open to any and all walkers. The majority of us use Leslie Sansone Walk At Home DVD workouts, but those great walks outside or on the treadmill, as well as other Walking DVDs, count too. However you get your walk in, join us! And if you have some fun trails to walk or hike post them because it is all good :drinker: .

We are a happy, supportive group, and I promise that this challenge will motivate, challenge, as well as inspire you!

Set your goal for how many miles or minutes that you want to walk, indoors or out, this month. Post your results daily, weekly, or however you like.

If you find this group in the middle of the month it doesn't matter which day of the month that you join in. Just set your goals to reflect what you want to walk for the remaining days. You are always welcome!

So tie up those walking shoes and get some water, and let's start walking :smile: !

It is always fun to read which DVD, whether Leslie or another instructor, that you used. Or whatever form your walk took, whether outdoors or on the treadmill or anything in between. We all could use some new inspiration sometimes, or inquiring minds sometimes just want to know :tongue: . So please share if you would care to.

With the cooler days maybe even a hike or two will show up here for some of our outdoor enthusiasts :happy: .

Come on in and let us start walking the October 2014 challenge together :flowerforyou:

Replies

• 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,866 Member
    Options
    I am going for 200 miles this month. I made 203 last month but found it quite difficult, so I will really be testing myself with 200. Don't know if I will do it but we do have one extra day.
  • ECfromSJ
    ECfromSJ Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi - I just discovered your group the other day, and signed right up. I have quite a collection of Leslie's DVD's, plus at least one VHS. This summer my husband and I have been doing a lot of outdoor walking together, but I know I won't want to keep that up as it gets colder out. I'm hoping your monthly challenges will motivate me over the winter.:smile:

I'm going to start by aiming for 500 minutes of walking in October. Right now, I have no idea what that would be in miles. I added a little over 10% to the minutes of walking I did in September. I also use the recumbent bike at the gym twice a week, so my total aerobic exercise minutes for October will hopefully come to a total of about 770.

Erica
  • handbagfan
    handbagfan Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Me please
    My goal for October = 100 miles for month .:smile: Looking forward to challenge. Thanks
  • sabrinalg
    sabrinalg Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    My goal will be 80 miles for October starting tomorrow. I might just surprise myself and do more, but for now I'll focus on 80.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I am in! I am going to challenge myself to 100 miles for the month of October. I hope to do most of these miles outside weather permitting and if not I have Leslie to keep me going.
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I am in, 200 for me!
  • 2jayjaysmom
    2jayjaysmom Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I'm in this month too...September I was short 100 minutes so I'm going to repeat that goal of 1000 minutes
  • MichelleMinus100
    Options
    I love reading everyone's goals!

My goal is to walk morning and night at least 2 miles each. 31 days X 4 = 124

That seems like A LOT for me.

Hmmmm, well, I'll go for it and see how I do!
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    Good morning walkers! I completed 4 miles outside and then did Leslie's 1 Mile Walk at Home.

5/100
  • lidenalex
    lidenalex Posts: 283
    Options
    Last month was a bummer. The higher goal I set the less I walk. So I will return to my original strategy of setting low goals.

My goal is to walk 0.3 miles min each day. 31 days X 0.3 = 10 miles.
  • lidenalex
    lidenalex Posts: 283
    Options
    total: 11/10
    num: 4

Yes I walked 11 miles today but the goal is to walk at least 0.3 miles EVERY DAY, so one time burst does not accomplish the goal.
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,866 Member
    Options
    4.13 miles walked today
  • handbagfan
    handbagfan Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    October -
    100 miles - 3 miles ( part of 5 Big Miles) Mon 1st :wink:
    Happy walking!
  • schafmom
    schafmom Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 75 miles. Once this cold that I caught a couple of weeks lets go this should be doable.
    Deb
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    9 advanced miles with Leslie

9 miles with Leslie to date

2 miles outside

2 miles outside to date

11 miles total / goal 200

Happy Walking!!!!
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    Today- Wednesday: Walk It Off in 30 Days: Burn (2 miles) 30 & Firm (strength) 30

2 DVD miles.

0 outdoor minutes.

0 mini walks from Walk blaster DVD.

My goal for October: I will walk a minimum of 2 DVD 'miles' or 30+ outside minutes at least 5 days a week.

So far: 2 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

So far: 0 outdoor minutes

So far: 0 mini walks from Walk Blasters DVD

@ ECfromSJ, Welcome to the walking challenge for this month! It is difficult to translate minutes into miles when walking outdoors unless you have an app of some sort that shows how many miles you walked during your minutes, or you already have your route mapped out.

@ sabrinalg, Welcome to the October Monthly Challenge! Always great to have new people join in and walk with us.

@ Alex, I've always liked how you set doable daily goals then exceed them depending on the day. Sometimes huge goals end up sabotaging us somehow. At least they do that to me also.

I am delighted that many of our previous walkers are already checking in and making new goals for this month... and walking on this first day of October :drinker:

I'm virtually walking with YOU today :glasses:
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Well, since I am weight training 3 days a week, my miles have really decreased. I also have to teach a late class on Tuesdays this fall so I log few miles for 4 days of the week now. As a result, I am going to set a more modest goal this month of 45 miles and hope I can exceed it. Although I weight trained today, I also just had to add some miles! :wink:

10/1- Exercise TV Start Walking at Home 3 miles=3 miles total

Walk Strong Everyone! :bigsmile:
  • MichelleMinus100
    Options
    October 2014
    10/01/14 Wed: AM=2, PM=2, total for day=4

TOTAL FOR MONTH = 4
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    Good morning Walkers. I did 5 miles this morning. Fall is my favorite time of the year but with that said I have to admit I miss watching the sunrise each day. It is so dark out and there is not much to look at. LOL Have a great day.

10/100

Oh and I just noticed that I broke the 800 mile mark this morning!!!! Woot!
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone - good goals!! I am back - been walking outside and gardening and yard work. Will be back at Leslie Sansone so that I can get ready for curling.

I will walk 100 miles this month

October 1 - 2 miles