Do you stay within your calorie allowance at the weekend?

Options
2»

Replies

• FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    I generally stay within my calories every day, unless I have a "planned" day to be outside of my calories. Which usually happens a couple times a month.
  • frisco111
    frisco111 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Maybe reorganising your weekends would help? If the lifestyle change is what you going for..Its very individual how everyone spends their weekends. I try for them not to be food oriented. That said - family gatherings are always a bit of a problem - you cant expect everyone to change their habits just because you had.
    All the best
  • MelanieRBrace
    MelanieRBrace Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I am the same - weekends are tough. Reading this string gave me some really helpful hints that I'm going to try. One that has worked for me is to do a workout - after I'm done, I don't feel like undoing all the hard work I did but going over my calorie count.
  • essexlamb
    essexlamb Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have planned my meals for the weekend, now I just have to stick to it !! :-) the weekend food temptation is a battle for me, but I'm determined to win!
  • Ump78
    Ump78 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I stay within my calories. Even on the weekend. And if I burn 1k calories on the elliptical, I don't log it. I don't eat the exyra calories Ive burned. I just stick to my calorie recommendations., sans the "extra" calories. When I do log my gym time, I log it as 1 calorie.
  • nomoredoughnuts
    nomoredoughnuts Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I do tend to go over a lot over the weekends and it's mainly because I spend them with my boyfriend (we live in different cities 7-8 hours apart) or go out for dinner a lot with friends and feel like I need to treat myself all the time.

It's a horrible habit and it does get out of hand for me. I never log anything I eat during the weekend cause I am always out doing stuff and I forget. I think what would work for me is to start logging what I eat during the day.

THIS IS THE REASON WHY I HAVENT REACHED MY GOAL WEIGHT YET [frustrated voice]

I used to cheat a lot during the weekends but I kept losing weight because I did Insanity every Saturday and went for a run on the Sunday so that used to balance it out.
  • yogajess11
    yogajess11 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Ugh!! same problem. I heard something recently like if you do not watch your calories on the weekends (saturdays and sundays) then that means you are not being healthy for 104 days out of the year, or more than a quarter of the whole year. This is not new or ground breaking news, but a simple truth, but I am using this to fuel me to at least try and stay healthy for ONE day out of the weekend and only allow myself 24 hours of letting up only slightly!!! I have the same problem with going out with friends, eating big dinners with my husband, etc. And I'm really trying to take advantage of the time to amp up my exercise, too!
  • nomoredoughnuts
    nomoredoughnuts Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    yogajess11 wrote: »
    Ugh!! same problem. I heard something recently like if you do not watch your calories on the weekends (saturdays and sundays) then that means you are not being healthy for 104 days out of the year, or more than a quarter of the whole year.

When you put it like that it is A LOT of motivation O_O

I might write this and put it on my wall or something, it's too good!

Also, I was reading on Kayla Itsines' guide and she only allows 1 cheat gap which can be up to 30-45 minute window which doesn't allow for too much indulging and I think it's a pretty good way to control this. I think this is what I am going to start doing to be honest.
  • yogajess11
    Options
    Yes, I like that!! Although I dont know if I can only have one window this weekend already!! ugh!! Ive got an event tomorrow night and date night with the hubs planned for Saturday night... ugh!! must focus!!

• jeanniebeanie59
    jeanniebeanie59 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    weekends are the hardest for me, my husband and I only see each other on the weekend. He works 3 hrs away and comes home on weekends and its bad for me. Wine and snacks (chips...my downfall) but he said last night , no more snacking ...so it will make it much easier on me also. I do so good all week and then blow it on the weekends. MFP is such a gift for motivation and support!! Thanks everyone!
  • jankinthetank
    Options
    Weekends are the hardest for me because of football season. I try to do very reduced calorie during the week, then allow myself a few hundred extra on Sunday.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Weekends are extremely hard and i struggle. We do a lot of fun stuff which usually leads to eating and drinking but I am learning to do it in moderation. Instead drinking every weekend I drink once or twice a month. That seems to help me stay focused and at the same time I dont feel like I am depriving myself. I also exercise for 90 mins on the weekends so i'll have more calories
  • yogajess11
    Options
    Its here!! Weekend time! What are you all going to try and do to stay on track this weekend?

My plan is a 2 drink max, OK lets be honest, 2 drinks tonight and 2 on Saturday, plus adding in a 6 mile run this weekend. Also, instead of going out with the hubs for dinner tonight, we are going to make our own dinner together for date night :)

Would love to hear all your ideas to how we'll keep this weekend on track!!