Travel/Road Trip Snacks

Options
What are some easy/good snack ideas I can pack for a road trip?

It seems like any time we are in the car for a long trip, I completely cave for pop and candy and chips! I've been doing LCHF for about 3 weeks now and don't want to totally veer off track. We will be taking a cooler if it is something that needs to stay cold. Any ideas would be helpful!

Replies

• laura0770
    laura0770 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I always stock up on beef Jerkey, pepperoni sticks and cheese :)
  • crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs, Quest bars, Quest chips, beef jerky, cheese sticks, almonds, macadamia nuts, walnuts, flaxseed muffins, deli meat and cheese roll-ups, zucchini slices, kale chips, pepperoni slices that you can pair with cheddar cheese cubes, and protein powder!

You can also make sugar free peanut butter cookies - 1 egg, 1 cup peanut butter, 1 cup Splenda. Make small cookies, flatten with fork, bake at 350F for 15 minutes.

And these coconut cheddar crackers are amazing. I make them with almond meal most times and like to top them with some butter or peanut butter. Deeelicious.
  • kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Almonds, dark chocolate, and pre-cooked bacon (the kind that doesn't even need refrigeration).
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Pork rinds, flavored nuts, small portions of dippable veggies and a bottle of full fat salad dressing (your favorite flavor), full fat low-carb yogurt, quark, or CoYo (coconut yogurt - no dairy), 4% cottage cheese, baked cheese (for some crunch), a small amount of berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries), a small bottle of double devon cream or creme fraiche (both available at Whole Foods) to top the berries with!