Day 9: Wednesday, 10/01/14

Options

Replies

• carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Day 8 was a success! I only went over by 26 calories (yay!!) I walked 5 miles (over 10,000 steps) and lifted weights!

Today's goals:

Stay within my calorie budget
    Walking 10,000 steps (~5 miles)
    and do something else after work..yoga maybe tonight!

Do we weigh in tomorrow? I'm thinking I remember our first weight in is 10/02!

Have a great day everyone!!
  • Kenda2427
    Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Did well yesterday, did beginner shred DVD, spin class and boot camp and was under calorie goal.
    Today my goal is to continue on the same way, weigh, measure and log, the ever important and hard to reach (for me) water intake and trying a yoga class today after work. Add something new to the mix.
  • danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone , you're doing great!
    I'm happy to be back to normal after my B-day!
    Yesterday was a success and accomplished all my goals.
    For today it's the usual: calories, exercise, sleep.
    Have a great day all!!!!
  • laf0026
    laf0026 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Day 8 was a successful day. I reach all my goals, stayed within my calories, and had a great workout at the gym.

Day 9 Goals
    Walk 10000 steps (5000 while at work)
    Drink 5 large glasses of water before I leave work
    Stay within my calories
    Workout at the gym
  • LisasRoadtolosing100lbs
    Options
    One of my goals this week is to avoid all the treats at work. I misstepped on Monday and had a small starburst fruit candy without thinking but yesterday was really a test of my resolve. One of my coworkers brought in super fresh straight from the bakery donughts. They smelled so good, I'm sure I inhaled calories just being in the kitchen. However, I did resist and triumph.

THATS AWESOME AND REALLY HARD!!!! CONGRATS!
  • kikontx
    kikontx Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I met all but one goal for day 8 but even that one goal was better than I have done in the past. I wanted to jog for the entire 2 miles. While I didn't reach that, I did jog for 1 mile until I stopped for about 2/10th of a mile and then jogged the rest of the way. That was better than what I had done up until that point, so I'm happy about that.

Goals for Day 9

- Drink 80-90 oz of water
    - Stay under calorie goal
    - Do strength training and light cardio (walking)

Good luck and looking forward to see how everyone does for the first weigh in tomorrow!
  • RoseyDgirl
    RoseyDgirl Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Day 9.

Day 4 of my SL 5x5 weight session was this morning. I sweat for 15 minutes on the elliptical as a warm up, and then got to it. I am getting stronger. Today's session was Squats, Overhead press, and Deadlifts.

Only a week ago, I was squatting 25 lbs, now I'm squatting 45.
    I was pressing 25, now it's heavy, but I managed 35 very well.
    and Deadlifts, started at 55, and this second session - did my set of 65lbs.

I started this workout a week ago, claiming I was a weakling, but I now know I'm getting stronger. I'm looking forward to seeing how well I'll do now on Saturday. :)

So, the gym workout for today is done. I am at work now, and feeling a bit achey in my hips from the deadlifts - but, overall, feeling good, worked out, happy.

I got half my daily walks done. 25 minutes done, 15 to go (my walk from work back to the train).

Separate topic - Food. I struggled last night over my dinner. I cooked, an attempt at a beanless chili. Added Eggplant, onion, and grass fed beef, mixed in tomato sauce and a chili flavor packet... and then when it was done, mixed in a whole bunch of roasted cauliflower, and a bit of cheddar cheese.

It came out tasting a bit salty, but tasty. I didn't realize it was going to be so high carb though with the mix between all the veggies and that tomato sauce, and it threw my carb total above the 100 gram mark I strive for. It was painful to know that I'd made something that was healthier (minus the salt) - but not in line with my macro goal.

Such a shame it didn't work out - and, on top of that, I have enough left over 'chili' to last about 5 more meals. I even had some on my eggs this morning. Have to find some way to get rid of the stuff... and try not to eat to much of it in a day because it's just too many carbs to account for in a final meal of the day. It probably would have been fine on a weekend, when I'm eating fewer meals.

Oh well, lesson learned.

today, I will reach & stay below 100 gram carbs.
  • AlyM725
    AlyM725 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm so tried of these gray, rainy days! Get it together New England weather!

I stayed under my calories, but I didn't get my walk in thanks to the rain. So today:

Take a walk to go check out that trail in the woods
    Stay in calorie limit
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    Today is my rest day!!

Goals:
    1. stay within calorie goal (always)
    2. be active at work (in lieu of 10k step goal)
  • mizzbugsy
    mizzbugsy Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    OOh....today is my day 7...my rest day for ALL workouts. I think I'll still take a walk....
    9 cups of water today. I can do it....
    Be good to myself today! After all...it is my birthday!!
  • kmcorc
    kmcorc Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Met my goals yesterday -- C25K week 5, run 1 wasn't as bad as I remember it being a few months ago, so that's a win.

My goals for today:

Get a morning work out video in - check
    Get 10,000 steps
    Continue to eat fairly "clean," which is almost a check because I cooked food for the next few days last night. :)

Way to go everyone!
  • phelan999
    phelan999 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Yesterdy did not go well at all. I knew we were taking my MIL out for a birthday dinner, so I had salad for lunch, and salad for dinner, but also a free bagel for breakfast, and we stopped at coldstone creamery, and it just wasn't pretty. I'm up from yesterday and up from the first weigh-in, and that is not where I wanted to be today.

So, shaking that off, my goals for today are:
    - track food and exercise
    - stay within my calorie limit
    - either C25K at the gym or 2.3 mile walk tonight
  • teaspoon43
    teaspoon43 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm doing everything right... eating healthier and staying at or just under my calories and working out 4-5x a week. I feel better. However the scale is not moving like I had hoped. When I first started it was dropping off and now I feel like I'm doing 20x more and not losing. I'm going to stay positive and hope that tomorrow the scale is my friend :)
  • teaspoon43
    teaspoon43 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    OOh....today is my day 7...my rest day for ALL workouts. I think I'll still take a walk....
    9 cups of water today. I can do it....
    Be good to myself today! After all...it is my birthday!!

Happy Birthday!!!
  • dani_1977
    dani_1977 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Hola peeps!! I hope all is well.

First thing first.. if you ever have a question or a comment .. message me. Also feel free to friend me

I got my fit bit yesterday. it came later in the day after maybe noonish. and I came in tad under 10,000 at like 9,334 maybe.

I completed all of my goals yesterday.

Todays goals.

get to that 10,000 steps
    evening workout
    mid day walk
    80-96 ounces of water
    take fiber and probiotic pills (done)
    track all meals
    close diary
  • dani_1977
    dani_1977 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm doing everything right... eating healthier and staying at or just under my calories and working out 4-5x a week. I feel better. However the scale is not moving like I had hoped. When I first started it was dropping off and now I feel like I'm doing 20x more and not losing. I'm going to stay positive and hope that tomorrow the scale is my friend :)

yes it can be that ways sometimes. But some important things to look at are:

How are tracking your workouts calories. Are you using the machine counts or even MFP counts because they are both so high on the end calories burned its scary. So if you input on MFP you walked on the treadmill for 45 minutes and it gives you 650 calories burned and you trust that then eat some of the 650 cals back like 400 of them . Well in reality you probably only burned 400 cals in the first place.

Pair that with maybe not being so exact with your portions can be a slowdown in weight loss.

Also if you are doing lots of really vigorous workouts and lifting weights.. you may want to weigh in after a rest day . muscles hold on to water while repairing themselves.

Also how about using something else a gauge to progress. Like a pair of pants that were to tight in the beginning or taking pictures. The scale doesnt always tell the truth.

I hope some of this helps
  • Shirotora88
    Options
    Yesterday after my surgery I ate like a pig today my goal is to eat a little less then I usually do and not walk yet because I'm on pain killers for the next 10 days.. On A GREAT note I lost 4 pounds in a week. I have reached 207 and I was 211 on September 22nd
  • melanieleasure
    melanieleasure Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am just joining today. I hope to be posting about all my activity soon
  • justdebbie1
    justdebbie1 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Yesterday all goals Meet. Today's goals are the same. Can't wait till official weigh in tomorrow.
  • stephbroadbelt
    stephbroadbelt Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    New comer today! So, Day 9 is my Day 1

Goals:
    Track everything and stay under 1200 calories
    Do at least one work out video tonight.