October 1, 2014

Options
10670083_786630164727302_8311733663543431890_n.png?oh=053ca024c43c53985070fa71f0314048&oe=54CD20DC

Like everyone in this group!

Replies

• btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Good morning, all! Hope that everyone is feeling good today!

Hope to get a run in today. Still a bit sore and stiff from last night's workout.
  • Aprilfoolbride
    Aprilfoolbride Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind words and good wishes. I really needed the reminders to be gentle with myself.

This morning I woke up before my alarm so I laced up my sneakers and went for a nice walk. It was pitch black and drizzling but not too cold so I didn’t mind. Today’s the first day I’ve felt more like myself.

Valma, sounds like a lovely mini vacation.

Jane, my mouth watered reading the description of your pie.

Marla and Laura, hope you feel better soon.
  • valmaebel
    valmaebel Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Good gravy, I forget how time consuming it is to come back from even a mini vacation. All the laundry that didn't get done, all the homework and chores, that now need to be squeezed in with my other regular things I have going on. not getting much workouts in right now as I try to get the house back in order.

Today I have to get the yard back in order, so while it's not running or training...it is physical activity.

Goals for today:
    get yard work done
    stay in my calories
    get laundry folded!
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Another rest day here. I'm finding that even doing my normal routine, which usually amounts to just over 10,000 steps without any additional walking, is still too much. One or both of my ankles hurt just walking to the school, bus, etc. That's how I know I have to stop this madness and really let myself HEAL. Oh, how I want to run so badly. It's incredibly hard and downright depressing to be "grounded".

Since my son had a casting after school today, I let DH take him and stayed home for a rest. I won't take him to tkd tonight either so he can rest. Tomorrow I'll take him for an all day photoshoot. It's at a zoo, so I might be able to get a little walking done, but usually I have to stay really close by and get almost no activity at these things.

Some other problems have caused me to delay my gym workouts til the end of the week too, to see if I'll be feeling better by then.
  • toeatapeach
    toeatapeach Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi All-

Pie was amazing and the baby was so cute! I totally flaked on my work out though, in favour of a longer visit.

Just a rest day today- I was going to make up my Tuesday run, but realized that I don't want to be tired for when I up my distance tomorrow. Might try a bit of yoga tonight, depending on how cleaning goes.

Sherry, it sound really difficult to be injured- giving it a rest is hard, but it is definitely the right thing to do.

Valma- welcome back... and good luck with all your work.

Aprilfoolbrid - I am glad that you had a nice walk and felt more like yourself.

I'm off to post October goals....
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I got in to see my doctor this morning. I have a sinus infection and the lymph node directly under my right ear is swollen, which the doctor thought was likely pressing on a nerve. She called in an antibiotic for me which I'll pick up from Walgreens on the way home from work. I was going to go to the gym and run on the treadmill tonight, but instead I'm going to take a rest day. I've got a trainer session tomorrow night and can run after that.
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Laura do they have you doing a nose cleaning thing? I get sinus stuff a lot and think that is what my illness was yesterday. I did my nose cleaning and nose spray and hot showers and today I am good enough to go to nia at the 4pm class and I was out doing errands all day and just made homemade soup!

peach :) babies grow fast so much more important!

Another sunny perfect fall day here, love it!

and love todays message!
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Today was my rest day ! Whoot !