Hello All!

Options
I've just started the New Direction VLCD through Methodist Hospital in Houston. I'm sooooo glad I found this group. Everyone that realizes I'm doing this has criticized the program and I'm looking for some positive influence. I feel really confident about losing the weight (how can you not...it's 800 calories and not many carbs), but I'm very nervous about transitioning after I lose the weight. But one step at a time I guess.

I started on 9/23, so have only been on 2 days so far. I'm taking it a day at a time and then a week at a time. I can't look too far in the future or I'll get discouraged.

ANYWAYS...just wanted to say "hi" and THANKS in advance for the support.

Replies

• Ladybug_Karen
    Ladybug_Karen Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hey there!!! I've been on 800 cal a day since 4/17/14. I've lost 80 pounds. Its amazing. The structure of the program is what I like.
  • taivazian
    Options
    I have been on the new direction diet 1 month now I have lost 26# My wife is on it with me. she hates it, but i like it! I told her she doesn't have to do it, but she thinks I will fail if she doesn't do it with me. i am a type 2 diabetic and in the first week, i was off all of my shots, in the 2nd week i was off my glipizide, I am still on Januvia, Metformin was a complete disaster for 7 years, gastric issues. i do miss eating while watching football!

so have you thought about the holidays and what we are going to do?
  • lorijo500
    lorijo500 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, all! My name is Lori; I'm 46 and need to lose about 100#.... I'm really glad I found this group, too!!!! I just started New Direction VLCD program about a week ago, and so far, so good! I'm doing the program at Delnor/Cadence Hospital in Geneva, IL. I just weighed in & had my first group meeting last Thursday night, so I'll go in tomorrow night to see where I'm at.... I'm finally feeling like I've found a program I can actually do! :smile:
  • Ladybug_Karen
    Options
    Hello!
    Ive been thinking about the holidays because, like most families, it's a big eating season for us. I'm probably going to utilize an emergency meal for thanksgiving. Just a small amount of protein and veggie. Prob the same for Christmas dinner, too. The other occasions, parties, etc... Just going to tough it out. I've come too far to snarf down holiday goodies. It's a different way of thinking more healthy. I've been using pumpkin pie spice in the vanilla drink to give megabit of the Fall food feeling. :)
  • ESueM67
    ESueM67 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    Ive been thinking about the holidays because, like most families, it's a big eating season for us. I'm probably going to utilize an emergency meal for thanksgiving. Just a small amount of protein and veggie. Prob the same for Christmas dinner, too. The other occasions, parties, etc... Just going to tough it out. I've come too far to snarf down holiday goodies. It's a different way of thinking more healthy. I've been using pumpkin pie spice in the vanilla drink to give megabit of the Fall food feeling. :)

Me too! All the Halloween candy is a huge temptation. But like you, Karen, I've made way too much progress to stop now. Besides, my diet consists of mostly chocolate shakes, so my sweet tooth is satisfied!

My plan for Thanksgiving and Christmas is similar to yours. My family is very supportive of my weight loss efforts, so that will make things easier. I am going to skip the Halloween and Holiday parties at work this year though!
  • dan_IRL
    dan_IRL Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    lorijo500 wrote: »
    Hi, all! My name is Lori; I'm 46 and need to lose about 100#.... I'm really glad I found this group, too!!!! I just started New Direction VLCD program about a week ago, and so far, so good! I'm doing the program at Delnor/Cadence Hospital in Geneva, IL. I just weighed in & had my first group meeting last Thursday night, so I'll go in tomorrow night to see where I'm at.... I'm finally feeling like I've found a program I can actually do! :smile:
    Hi Lori, I just started ND VLCD through Cadence as well. I'm going to CDH though.
  • Ladybug_Karen
    Options
    I hope you all are having a great day!! <3