Fitness Tracker

Options
Losing_Sarah
Losing_Sarah Posts: 279 Member
Ok, so I used a Fitbit for a couple years and liked it, but I washed & dried it one too many times and it's been dead for nearly a year now. (yes, it totally survived 3-4 trips through the washer & dryer)

I decided not to replace it right away and am now wanting a fitness tracker of some sort again as it motivated me before and I want that again.

I thought about just going with a fitbit again, but am also considering the Up24 or maybe something else.

Something that offers the same or similar features as the Fitbit is good for what I'm looking for and the price range is about the same, too, so what are you all using and what are your suggestions?

Replies

• tabatham1982
    tabatham1982 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit flex and I love it! I wear it all the time and it is pretty accurate! I don't use the sleep mode too often because I really don't care how my sleep went but it is nice to have when I do want to use it!
  • overtherainebow
    overtherainebow Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had the up24 and really liked it. I returned with the intention of getting a colored one but have yet to replace it. I justified not replacing it because I can do the same thing with my phone but--I don't! It's easier to just wear the tracker and allow it to do all the work. I'm going to replace, reviews say up24 is more accurate than fitbit but I can not vouch for that as I've never used fitbit. This is why I went with the Up. I'm curious to see what others use!
  • DJRonnieLINY
    DJRonnieLINY Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I am a bigFitBit fan.
  • Losing_Sarah
    Options
    Yeah, I am still torn. When I had my Fitbit I used it every day the two years I had it. I had the Fitbit Wireless, which isn't even made anymore. I liked that I could clip it onto my bra and go. (This is also why I always forgot about it and it got washed).

The new ones along with the Up24 are worn on the wrist, which I feel would bug me, but still think I should get it.

For those of you with the UP - sizes...

I measured my wrist which is 6.25 and a med is for 6"-7". Is this going to be dangly or can I tighten it to fit more snugly, which I prefer.
  • katematt313
    katematt313 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    i have a bluetooth heart rate monitor that goes around my chest. i really like it.
  • pcoppock
    pcoppock Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    If the Polar Loop synced with MFP I would get that so I could also use their HRM, but since it doesn't, I use a Fitbit Flex. I love it. I especially love the sleep tracking feature. It's nice to see the difference in a "good" night and a "bad" night, and correlate that to my CPAP pressures.

-Phill
  • ATXHeather
    ATXHeather Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit one and I love it! I keep it clipped to my pants. I used to clip it to my bra but I wasn't getting an accurate step count. The one is very small and easy to clip in. It is a nice, secure clip. It hasn't gone through the wash yet but I have had to dig through the dirty laundry pile to retrieve it. But now I am in a habit of taking it off and setting it on my nightstand with my glasses.
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I keep my fitbit one clipped to my key ring. I almost always have my keys in my pocket, even at the gym because I drive there. When I played softball, I clipped it to my shorts, and for basketball I will have to do the same. Other than that, on my key ring keeps it from getting to the laundry basket!
  • Losing_Sarah
    Options
    I want to order one like yesterday, but am still undecided. I keep going back and forth between the Fitbit One and the Jawbone UP24. I have also considered the Fitbit Flex, but don't love the design. The Jawbone is a wrist one, too, but the flat watch band design is unappealing to me. I don't wear a watch ever, and I'm not sure I can get used to that feeling on my wrist. The jawbone has a looser design and is more like a bracelet. The bluetooth in the Jawbone UP24 is also very appealing!

I had the Fitbit Wireless before. The clip on version right before the One came out, and I loved it, but also am afraid I'll do what I did to my old one.

I'm so close to ordering the Jawbone UP24. I even went through all the payment process but backed out before hitting submit. I want a tracker again like now! Why is this so hard?!
  • tlogesi
    tlogesi Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I got a fitbit one about a month ago and I love it! I wore it clipped to my pocket for a week, but I wanted to use it to track my sleep. I couldn't find anything suitable to clip it to while sleeping, so I put it on a necklace (just a piece of paracord). That worked so well that I wear it around my neck, under my shirt all the time now.

My favorite part about it is the sleep function. I like it when I get up and feel well rested, I make some quick notes of what I did the day before so I can do it again. What I'm finding is that when I get more exercise, my sleep is better. Who would have guessed, the experts know what they are talking about!
  • Losing_Sarah
    Options
    I like the idea of wearing it on a "necklace" of some kind. This would make it easy for me to not forget it's hooked onto my bra, which is where I wore my Fitbit before.

I liked the sleep tracker, too. The UP24 also has a sleep tracker. Again, not sure how I'll like wearing it on my wrist.

I have been thinking about it though, too, and I might try the UP24 and if after a couple weeks I don't like it I can always return it and get the Fitbit One instead. Maybe...I am normally not this indecisive, but I just want the right one.
  • Losing_Sarah
    Options
    I ordered the Jawbone UP24. Super excited to get it. Supposed to be here on Wednesday. I miss my Fitbit, and hopefully I'll like the Jawbone!
  • bikrchk
    bikrchk Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Garmin Vivo fit. 1 year battery, works with their heart rate strap, one touch sync to the cloud and mfp, and does the pedometer, sleep tracking, etc that the others do. Also functions as a watch and you can wear 24 7 since no charging is required.