10,000 steps a day on the mini trampoline

Options
way2busy2
way2busy2 Posts: 6 Member
Hi! I have FINALLY begun to drop weight after three months of intense work so I am a very happy happy lady! (No gluten, no sugar, minimal dairy, one fruit a day, eight glasses of water, 8 hours of sleep, 10,000 steps a day, including 2-4 30 min workouts on the elliptical at the gym every week, plus a few weight machines.)

Here is my question: I wear a Jawbone UP24 which counts my steps, and my goal is to do 10,000 steps a day. With it being so cold and snowy I had to do my steps in the house for the past two months, so I dusted off my mini trampoline and marched on it on and off throughout the day until I got my 10,000 steps in. Gradually I increased my intensity, and now I jog and twist, and even do jumping jacks on it...which is much more than just "steps" but I do not know how to record this in my exercise. Jawbone syncs with MyFitnessPal, so its giving me calories for just my steps, but not for the intensity. (and I really break a sweat now so I am burning far more calories than just walking.)

So how do I fix this? Up until now I have just been going by the sync, and I am losing weight, so its not a real big thing. But I would like my steps to show up on my homepage so that my friends can see that I work out too. I suppose I could put it in manually, but isn't there a way to record it on MFP?

Maybe I should just log it as jogging?

Replies

• way2busy2
    Options
    so.... how do I delete this?
  • Earthgirl51
    Earthgirl51 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem. There is really no way to accurately judge your calorie burn. If you break a sweat put it down as jogging and Heavy jumping as running. I usually put it down as a moderate walk. It doesn't take much to make me sweat. Lol. I hope this was helpful.
  • darkin48
    darkin48 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've had a cord rebounder for about 2 years now. I just use it to walk in place, since walking on concrete is difficult for me to do. I love it because it is so smooth and gentle on my feet and joints.

At first, I just used the walking category, but that seemed to not be descriptive enough. So I created a new exercise called Rebounding and I just log the number of minutes I use it. I put a small amount of calories per minute, I think it's 5 or 6, because it's more about me getting my steps than getting the calorie counts.

It's nice to see a group that uses rebounders. I'm glad I found this one.]

Dawn
  • debrakhan
    debrakhan Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi just joined today, having just bought a rebounder and DVD, did 60mins and broke a sweat, it was absolutely great, but when trying to work out the calories burnt well I just don't know, using SparkPeople it came to 170 calories, I burn more than this walking, but anyway I think I have found a really great way to work out, not many DVDs out there, the one I have is for beginners, and has 3 30mins programs, so I did 2 this morning. I see there are loads on youtube so will see if I can find some good ones.
  • way2busy2
    Options
    Revisiting this thread from several years ago. I took a break from rebounding but I'm back now. Anyone still rebounding?
  • 3kids1horse
    3kids1horse Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    ME!!! I just started.. again.