New to MFP

Options
I lost a lot of weight 6 yrs ago and kept it off until I quit smoking. Now I think my metabolism is back on track and so am I. I put in a weight goal here but my real goal is to get back into my pre-quit-smoking size with comfort. I'm doing a great Les Mills program call GRIT and I'm on round 4 but I realize that I need to track my food intake. I've lost 3% BF during the first 2 rounds and today I measure BF again. I also really need to connect with like-minded people with similar motivation and goals.

Thanks for reading! :happy:

Replies

• lisaanne1369
    lisaanne1369 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    congrats on quitting smoking!
  • kyach
    kyach Posts: 17
    Options
    I'm not sure what GRIT is, but i am pretty transparent. I am within 10 pounds of my goal weight -- i eat healthy most of the time with built in "cheat days" so i can still eat things i love that are not as healthy. My food log is open for my friends to see and i try to get movement in daily... Feel free to add me as a friend and i will try to help motivate you :)
  • tcb1966
    Options
    I hit 282lbs at 40. I lost about 100lbs that year. I've done a good job of keeping it off, but I seem to be struggling with the same 10-15lbs for the last five years! For a guy, I am ok with my weight, but it would be nice to get past this last hurdle.

My problem is that I just just need to curb my diet. I am always active. I am into hiking, cycling, kayaking and pretty much anything else that gets me outside.

Congrats on quitting smoking. I am sure you'll hit your goal in no time.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    WELCOME!
  • JennDransfield
    Options
    CONGRATS on quitting smoking!!!!

I lost 40 pounds a couple of years ago and kept it off for a good while... but then...

I also quit smoking (started back already so I will be getting back to THAT soon), developed several food sensitivies and began menopause... and I'll be if those pesky pounds didn't find their way back to me AND bring along some friends!!!

I do NOT want to be "skinny", I do NOT want to be a size 2, that would not be healthy for me at all. I just want to have energy,, be able to freely move, ward off some of the health conditions that are creeping up on me and feel good in my skin!

Feel free to add me, I love to help motivate and will need some help myself!
  • gitnfit2
    gitnfit2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Like others have said congrats on the quitting smoking, been there so I can understand. I ended up replacing smoking with MFP, go figure how that happened with all us crazy fitness people out here trying to be a healthier self. No doubt you will get where you want with the dedication you have already proven.
  • Darkhawk1969
    Darkhawk1969 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend but ,l do come with the following conditions:

1. I log in daily
    2. I speak my mind
    3. I have been known to kick butt
    4. I like to have a laugh
    5. I like to flirt
    6. If you dont log for 10 days or more, your gone!

If you still want to be friends then send me a request.

Take care x

Jase