Gastric Sleeve

Options
Begaye1
Begaye1 Posts: 6 Member
I am having Gastric Sleeve on July 9th.. Leaving for a 9 day vacation to California with my family on August 1st.. Do you think that is enough time to recover from surgery?.. It will be a very busy 9 days and a lot of walking.. My husband thinks I should wait until we get back.?

Replies

• StrawberryPolly
    Options
    According to my doctor, the stomach was healed completely within 30 days after surgery. Within 2 weeks after surgery, I felt fine and was walking a lot. Everyone is different and I think it has a lot to do with your starting weight and your age. I am 68 years old.. Please don't take this as medical advise. I am just saying what my response was.
  • kalilioness
    kalilioness Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I am about to turn 56 in August. I had the sleeve and went back to work two weeks later. No, problems. Now....if there is going to be a lot of walking I would build some time into the schedule where people could do a few things without me and I could rest. You might also like to plan ahead for food. Talk to your doctor and nutritionist. They can help you make this happen in a healthy way. Enjoy both your surgery/new life and your vacation!!!! I have lost 70 pounds and am about 10 lbs from goal weight. Good Luck!
  • Begaye1
    Begaye1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Today July 15th.. I think I'm on the mend.. Finally!.. Nursing a sprained ankle with torn Ligaments at the same time is so easy task.. Life thru me a curve during this surgery.. I'm reading everything they gave me but do you have any advice on eating for week 2..
    I need to look at some sample menus.. You ladies truly inspire me.. I am 48 years young!..
  • cdancosse
    cdancosse Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I had the sleeve on July 14. Where do u live? I healed fast and have lost 53 lbs since. But having difficulties with food
  • connorsdad07
    Options
    You'll be in pain from the surgery not to mention all the air they'll pump into your stomach to make sure it won't leak.
    Make sure you stick to the "diet" of progressively going from clear liquids to broth to pureed food!

Good luck and be healthy!